HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Got mine for 239.99 shipped and am happy with that :)

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

I use OneSixthBruce, i'm in the UK so i avoid customs that way, their packaging is second to none so i'm guaranteed a perfect shipper and box and on top of that their prices are almost the same as if i risked customs fees by buying internationally.

As i've spent all my HT budget this year when Hulk and IM are secured my big purchase for next year will be the HT Tumbler. And no doubt next year i'll probably pick up the DX11 and HT Bane as well.

domestic shipping rates vary but...

SSC - $259.99 (free shipping) - $13 RP = $246.99
CSC - $233.99 + $14.95 shipping = $248.94
BBTS - $239.99 + $10.09 shipping = $250.08
AEC- $233.99 + $16.99 shipping = $250.98 - $4 RP = $246.98

SSC has flex pay.
SSC, AEC and CSC have NRD/cancelation fee.

Great research and comparison Entropy. Other than California residents, I've never understood my people think SSC is more expensive. They are actually the cheapest ( with AEC ) in this group.

And don't forget, as impatient as most are on this board, SSC shipps their figures as much as a month before all the others. And lets not forget Flexpay. I have 14 figure on PO now, all on flexpay.

Great research and comparison Entropy. Other than California residents, I've never understood my people think SSC is more expensive. They are actually the cheapest ( with AEC ) in this group.

And don't forget, as impatient as most are on this board, SSC shipps their figures as much as a month before all the others. And lets not forget Flexpay. I have 14 figure on PO now, all on flexpay.

+1

They've also always taken care of any problems I have found.

Looks like SSC is a more expensive than AE by a penny from Entropy's calculations :lol

And HT figures are the only time SS can come out cheaper b/c they typically offer free shipping except on EX figures :)gah:). Things like PFs are cheaper to pick up elsewhere of you're not interested in the EX

Say I had a question for anyone here in Canada who has bought from BBTS....have you ever had to pay custom fee? I usually buy from Toys2 but getting it from BBTS would save me some money if customs won't be an issue.

Thx hulk97. I will try onesixthbruce.

411796_390070041053597_108807022_o.jpg

domestic shipping rates vary but...

SSC - $259.99 (free shipping) - $13 RP = $246.99
CSC - $233.99 + $14.95 shipping = $248.94
BBTS - $239.99 + $10.09 shipping = $250.08
AEC- $233.99 + $16.99 shipping = $250.98 - $4 RP = $246.98

SSC has flex pay.
SSC, AEC and CSC have NRD/cancelation fee.

Great comparison. But, the shipping from Sideshow needs to be scrutinized a bit more in that analysis. Unlike other retailers, Sideshow is the only one that ships out their Hot Toys figures in just the plain Hot Toys packing box - which makes the figures very susceptible to damage. If you want better quality of packaging from Sideshow (in comparison to what you'd get from BBTS), you'll have to request a pack-out for a larger external box, and pay $15 extra. The pack-out fee alone would drive up the cost significantly.

With all thats coming out, and all the stuff I have on preorder this one is gonna have to wait. May end up passing on this too depending on HT's hectic release schedule.

Dammit!,,
Now the bat symbol is really bugging me! That's almost the most important part of the suit ! How could they have messed up the symbol!
323153_10100125701770054_126399276_o.jpg

They will fixit, just the prototype. They fixed issues with the DX02

Say I had a question for anyone here in Canada who has bought from BBTS....have you ever had to pay custom fee? I usually buy from Toys2 but getting it from BBTS would save me some money if customs won't be an issue.

More likely you will get hit with customs fees. I do all the time whenever I buy from BBTS

Great comparison. But, the shipping from Sideshow needs to be scrutinized a bit more in that analysis. Unlike other retailers, Sideshow is the only one that ships out their Hot Toys figures in just the plain Hot Toys packing box - which makes the figures very susceptible to damage. If you want better quality of packaging from Sideshow (in comparison to what you'd get from BBTS), you'll have to request a pack-out for a larger external box, and pay $15 extra. The pack-out fee alone would drive up the cost significantly.

I'm on the east coast, and in all the figures and statues I have purchased through SS, I have only had 1 statue damaged from shipping, 1 broken mug, and 1 damaged box. In those three cases, Sideshow sent me a replacement statue piece, a new mug and a new box free of charge. I don't think I would have gotten that kind of customer service from anywhere else. In the rare instances that I've had manufacturing defects such as poor paint, Sideshow's return and exchange dept have been quick to send me a new piece and make it right. That doesn't get mentioned a lot but is reason enough to continue purchasing directly from Sideshow when their price is comparable to everyone else. Plus, if you click the SS affiliate links on the main page to make your purchase, a portion of the sale goes towards the costs Dave has to operate this awesome forum we all love. :clap

Last edited:

More likely you will get hit with customs fees. I do all the time whenever I buy from BBTS

Thank you. I guess Toys2 would be better option as usual.

Doesnt BBTS ship in there own box, but eliminate the hot toys shipping box?

Doesnt BBTS ship in there own box, but eliminate the hot toys shipping box?

Sometimes. I got FA: Cap from them and that's how it came, but then I had to exchange it b/c it had some problems and they shipped my second one in the brown HT mailer box, within their own box. :dunno

Yes wow amazing. This shall be my first HotToys!
I love how the only issues people have are super nit-picky. At first i thought the DX02 was done better but i looked at at it then to this and there's no competition imo. While the eyes are a problem for people i believe its cause there alot bigger than in the movie, but thats to allow for the PERs to look good when looking in different directions. But Bats does need to loose some weight!

However i would have liked the Bat-pack and the DX02s stand which is very badass! Also i think the cowl is a little too wide and ears too small for my taste(even though its movie accurate).

For UK buyers, is Onesixthbruce really the cheapest option for us? I don't like how this fig is more expensive than an iPad :S

It is a new method of construction:

DX12vsDX02.jpg

I really, really prefer the look of the abdomen on the DX02. It's just so sleek looking. And the new ab plate just looks like this big stiff piece of plastic glued to fabric. :/

Back