HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

the connector seem bigger?
the mask looks too rough

I agree with the question of the emblem
center chest

:goodpost:
This is exactly what I tried to show here:

413596_10100126099018964_351345364_o.jpg

And reposting my other bits:

474602_10100125705951674_1569950382_o.jpg

323153_10100125701770054_126399276_o.jpg

I'm not registered on facebook
I hope that some users may post
if they can be useful to have a better product

Dammit!,,
Now the bat symbol is really bugging me! That's almost the most important part of the suit ! How could they have messed up the symbol!
323153_10100125701770054_126399276_o.jpg

None of that stuff bothers me 'cos you only notice it with side-by-side comparisons. I just don't like the abs 'cos the look super fake and toyish.

This area:

Abs.jpg

reminds me of this:

DCabs.jpg

But it's almost worse because it's so blocky and flat looking, whereas the DCD figure at least has some nice contours.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

domestic shipping rates vary but...

SSC - $259.99 (free shipping) - $13 RP = $246.99
CSC - $233.99 + $14.95 shipping = $248.94
BBTS - $239.99 + $10.09 shipping = $250.08
AEC- $233.99 + $16.99 shipping = $250.98 - $4 RP = $246.98

SSC has flex pay.
SSC, AEC and CSC have NRD/cancelation fee.

:goodpost:

SSC FTW.

Great comparison. But, the shipping from Sideshow needs to be scrutinized a bit more in that analysis. Unlike other retailers, Sideshow is the only one that ships out their Hot Toys figures in just the plain Hot Toys packing box - which makes the figures very susceptible to damage. If you want better quality of packaging from Sideshow (in comparison to what you'd get from BBTS), you'll have to request a pack-out for a larger external box, and pay $15 extra. The pack-out fee alone would drive up the cost significantly.

I've never requested a pack-out, and I've never received anything damaged.

Honestly, I think just because of the suit material differences, keeping DX02 is not a bad idea. It'll probably still look a little better (just can't pose for ____). I'd say unless you are trying to make some cash (or just recover whatever you paid to fund the Rises DX), probably worth keeping DX02.

Honestly, I think just because of the suit material differences, keeping DX02 is not a bad idea. It'll probably still look a little better (just can't pose for ____). I'd say unless you are trying to make some cash (or just recover whatever you paid to fund the Rises DX), probably worth keeping DX02.

Definitely. :lecture

I really, really prefer the look of the abdomen on the DX02. It's just so sleek looking. And the new ab plate just looks like this big stiff piece of plastic glued to fabric. :/

Yea DX02 is sleek looking but the DX12's abs look much more real (the whole suit looks more real IMO). It's funny how you put it though since the DCD batch DX02 is the one with the one big stiff piece of plastic for the an section:lol

I've always subscribed to the belief in "better safe than sorry." Therefore, I've always requested a packout, and it's only $10.00, not $15.00. Also, if I'm going to be purchasing something like this, I just don't see the point in going elsewhere if I'm only going to save a couple of bucks. This is a figure that I intend to get multiples of, so obviously, I want to get them as cheap as possible, but if you're wanting to save as much as possible, you're better off just waiting until the thing's in-hand for a couple of months.

i figured out how to give batman the bruce wayne sculpt mouth.
first you take some super sculpy firm press it on the figures mouth creating a mold, then bake it, then you take some more sculpy and press it in the mold, then you just cut it to fit

i tested it on wolverine but you cant see much detail thanks to my bad camera
7522509966_cf7a3fcd8a.jpg

Last edited:

I still have the mouth piece from my hollowed oh medi cowl I sold so if I really want a neutral expression, I'll just send it off to skill to paint up :D

It's funny how you put it though since the DCD batch DX02 is the one with the one big stiff piece of plastic for the an section:lol

True, but the DX02 doesn't look stiff. It has a nice snug curve that contours to the body. Until you touch it you don't know it's stiff.

The new figure will allow for articulation that we would be totally impossible on the DX02 due to how ridged the abs were, but when the ab section flexes on the DX12 it flexes as one big section.

901896_press01-001.jpg

As I said earlier it looks like one stiff piece of sheet metal that's flexing. I can't find a good picture to illustrate what I mean, but this should give you an idea:

Sheet%20Twist.jpg

To me, if they fix the cowl or not, doesn't matter so much. It looks ridiculous either way. :lol

True, but the DX02 doesn't look stiff. It has a nice snug curve that contours to the body. Until you touch it you don't know it's stiff.

The new figure will allow for articulation that we would be totally impossible on the DX02 due to how ridged the abs were, but when the ab section flexes on the DX12 it flexes as one big section.

As I said earlier it looks like one stiff piece of sheet metal that's flexing. I can't find a good picture to illustrate what I mean, but this should give you an idea:
I know what you mean Mags so no need for pics :wink1:

But truthfully, the real costum has those same ab pieces on top of the 4 strap things behind so wouldn't the real deal move as one chunk as well :dunno

And I still think that while the DX02's abs look more sleek and independent/separate, the DX12's mid section looks more real in term of just appearance/material to the DX02

Last edited:

But truthfully, the real costum has those same ab pieces on top of the 4 strap things behind so wouldn't the real deal move as one chunk as well :dunno

dark-knight-rises-set-photo-batman-bane-fight-02.jpg

VS:

901896_press01-001.jpg

The real deal does not have that flexing sheet metal look at all.

The figures romp just seems to.....long? It looks weird.

Back