HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Yes wow amazing. This shall be my first HotToys!
I love how the only issues people have are super nit-picky. At first i thought the DX02 was done better but i looked at at it then to this and there's no competition imo. While the eyes are a problem for people i believe its cause there alot bigger than in the movie, but thats to allow for the PERs to look good when looking in different directions. But Bats does need to loose some weight!

However i would have liked the Bat-pack and the DX02s stand which is very badass! Also i think the cowl is a little too wide and ears too small for my taste(even though its movie accurate).

For UK buyers, is Onesixthbruce really the cheapest option for us? I don't like how this fig is more expensive than an iPad :S

I normally buy from sideshow, but ordered this from onesixthbruce it's the cheapest in the uk unless you buy from eBay Asia. iPads are £399 this won't cost that... Stop been silly now :)

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

1200 posts already, most of them being about minute details that, thank god, will never really bug me? Crazy forum.

Crazy price too, but flexed this one :rock

Flexed this too! :clap

I'd rather have this than an iPad

Sent from my iPad

Nothing I've got from sideshow has ever been damaged and that ranges from wolf 1:1 bust to my recent alien queen dio.i just get b***ed buy FedEx!!!

I might be living in USA by December, will pre orders run out soon or will I still be able to get one if I wait a month or two to pre order?

Your first Hot Toys figure? Aren't you getting the MGS Snake?

I was but while i like that suit in-game i don't like how they've recreated it. Its not HotToys fault as thats how it looks in the MGS3DS renders. Im gonna wait for MGS1, 2 and 4 Snake and Raidens :) (ill proli skip a fatigues NakedSnake since i love my Medicom version)
Im still a student so i have to be selective of my collectables, im pretty tight now after buying 3As Rex :O

I normally buy from sideshow, but ordered this from onesixthbruce it's the cheapest in the uk unless you buy from eBay Asia. iPads are £399 this won't cost that... Stop been silly now :)

Well thats how much the first iPad is now... Im a drama queen, i know :p
When you buy from sideshow do you still get hit by customs? Also by using sideshow how much money do you save, assuming there is no customs charges?

I was but while i like that suit in-game i don't like how they've recreated it. Its not HotToys fault as thats how it looks in the MGS3DS renders. Im gonna wait for MGS1, 2 and 4 Snake and Raidens :) (ill proli skip a fatigues NakedSnake since i love my Medicom version)
Im still a student so i have to be selective of my collectables, im pretty tight now after buying 3As Rex :O

When you buy from sideshow do you still get hit by customs? Also by using sideshow how much money do you save, assuming there is no customs charges?

Yeah you have to pay FedEx a couple of weeks later(send you a letter). It works out a little bit more then onesixthbruce, but sideshow has flexpay and exclusive and reward points.

None of my figures that were ordered from Sideshow have ever been damaged either, with their regular shipping. But, back in 2010, a few figure boxes were extremely dented upon delivery. I didn't want to take the risk, and since then, I've always requested a pack out. On that note, it's great that Sideshow's craptacular default shipping is now free for most Hot Toys figures - there's no reason for why anyone should have to pay for such an inferior packaging method.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

I know what you mean. I have Snake on pre-order but I'm skipping The Boss entirely. There's just too many Batman stuff coming out, and I'll need to budget my spending just a bit :lol. I'm a student too, by the way. On my last year of college coming this fall!

I'm just glad that I had a few good part time jobs that helped to pay for this insane hobby.

back on topic theres a thread for metal gear. lol

Gay dwarf "Da Boss" figure isn't solid.

Gay dwarf "Da Boss" figure isn't solid.

That's why I'm not getting it :lol.

But yeah, back on topic, I'm kinda disappointed that the light up eyes for the cowl wouldn't be included for this figure, as it was for the DX02.

That's why I'm not getting it :lol.

But yeah, back on topic, I'm kinda disappointed that the light up eyes for the cowl wouldn't be included for this figure, as it was for the DX02.

Maybe its not in the film?

It was in TDK, and this figure was teased by Hot Toys by referencing both films.

It's not a major exclusion, but it would have been cool if it was included.

Ofcourse it's not - they destroyd this sonar system right after Joker was caught.
And no, this figure wasn't teased as a perfect fit for both movies.

Wouldn't think it would be in the film since is was destroyed in the last film. And with Fox thinking it was unethical to have, I'd doubt he'd still help Bruce out if t was still functioning.

Plus the DX02 needs something to help retain it's value :lol

Ofcourse it's not - they destroyd this sonar system right after Joker was caught.
And no, this figure wasn't teased as a perfect fit for both movies.

I'm not contesting that. But this figure was teased together with the Joker 2.0 figure.

Wouldn't think it would be in the film since is was destroyed in the last film. And with Fox thinking it was unethical to have, I'd doubt he'd still help Bruce out if t was still functioning.

Plus the DX02 needs something to help retain it's value :lol

That's probably the reason for why the DX02 owners haven't been too up in arms about this release :lol.

Thats Bull____! Nobody should have to request additional packaging for a figure that is $200! SideShow is trying to keep costs low. What a sleazy thing to do. I WONT order from them just based on their pricing. The reward points aren't really doing much good if you are paying $20+ for each piece you buy or in the case of the Iron Man bust a whopping $80 more than Alter Ego or CSC.

OK,just moved and dont have internet yet so Im texting from the phone which sucks! Anyway, havent read anything in days and I dont want to read hundteds of pages.

MY opinion is I love the figure mostly. The things Ihope they change are those hideous mouth sculpts and eyes. What happened to the eyes? The last 3 or 4 DX figures have had near perfect eyes. THis reminds me too much of the DX02, which was my most hated feature of that figure. Cowl look great and so does thw suit. Im kina happy to getting the sticky bomb gun too.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

My problems with the figures head:

The whites of the eyes are way too large; this isn't an issue inherent to PERS because Keaton Batman and Nicholon Joker doesn't suffer from this.

The bottom half of the face is too thin, and the exposed flesh way too narrow.

The eyes seem too far apart, but I think that may be caused by the two issues above.

The nose may be too flat.

The contours of the mask seem too prominent and should be softer.

The eyes on this are great. Same size as The DX08 and 09.

None of my figures that were ordered from Sideshow have ever been damaged either, with their regular shipping. But, back in 2010, a few figure boxes were extremely dented upon delivery. I didn't want to take the risk, and since then, I've always requested a pack out. On that note, it's great that Sideshow's craptacular default shipping is now free for most Hot Toys figures - there's no reason for why anyone should have to pay for such an inferior packaging method.

Thats Bull____! Nobody should have to request additional packaging for a figure that is $200! SideShow is trying to keep costs low. What a sleazy thing to do. I WONT order from them just based on their pricing. The reward points aren't really doing much good if you are paying $20+ for each piece you buy or in the case of the Iron Man bust a whopping $80 more than Alter Ego or CSC.

:dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno

Back