HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

This might be the closest we've come to the suit from the films and we still have the nitpicking.

If you love it, buy it. If you don't love it, don't buy it.

My complaints have nothing to do with the suit.

And I actually most likely won't buy this. I've been cutting down on collecting and only choosing things that really stand out. This probably won't make the cut unless HT tweaks some things, which they might if fans make enough noise.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Legit question: How often does Bale Batman smile in these movies?

Are you keeping the DX-02?
Not sure. Will have to see how they both look in-hand first. I might just keep both to put them on display in different rooms.

On a related note, I just noticed last night that my DX figure has a broken right ankle cavity just like the damn Toy Fair Batman. Screw you, Hot Toys.

Pre-ordered this one.
And boy am I glad not to be such a huge fan of Bale's Batman to nit-pick it that much.
All I wanted was a cloth suit and HT delivered on that, so I'm good to go. All else looks excellent to me.
However, if you guys get it to look better/more accurate, more power to you!

Not sure. Will have to see how they both look in-hand first. I might just keep both to put them on display in different rooms.

On a related note, I just noticed last night that my DX figure has a broken right ankle cavity just like the damn Toy Fair Batman. Screw you, Hot Toys.

Sorry to hear that. I'd sell the DX-02 and Toy Fair Batman and just keep the Original Costume Dark Knight Batman and this new DX, but I imagine it'd be pretty tough to sell them off at this point.

I'm just gonna try to get new boots when this one gets parted out. I think the DX still has value beyond the accessories. It just looks great, but different than the new one. And when you're talking Batman, I can justify holding onto an extra or two, considering he's one of my favorite comic characters ever. OC Bats doesn't have the different mouths, the option of changing out the cape easier without fear of damaging the clips, and the body isn't quite as good for the suit IMO. So, I've got both.

Funny how that Wayne head from last year really doesn't seem worthy now that we've got this new one to look forward to.

medixxx.png

tdk-batman.png

No matter how many times I see them, these photos still drop my jaw...
Just flat out perfection. :drool :drool :drool

Hi,

I'm always flattered to see my work used here and there so please don't take it the wrong way. What bothers me on an other hand is to see some other peoples or websites watermark on it.

And linking back to the original picture and or crediting me would have been nice as well. ;)

WATERMARK/SIGN YOUR WORK!

Same thing was happening to MaulFan a lot so he had to do the same thing. :wave

cowl.jpg

The cowl itself, please tell me what you think the problems are because its pretty darn close here considering its not 100% the exact same angle nor face expression and we are comparing a TOY vs. a real human being (with some photoshop)..... If your not happy with this, then why bother collecting?.... :dunno

- The lines across the forehead, Too exaggerated
- The texture

Just look at the Medix custom requoted by Pennyworth above. The sculp needs to be softer and more subtle

Legit question: How often does Bale Batman smile in these movies?

I remember a slight smirk when Lucious told him he would resign as long as the sonar tracker was there, otherwise I cant remember.

This figure is not based on the movies we've seen, and HT must obviously be working with a movie ref. from TDKR.

No rocket science. :dunno

Anyone get a Medicom head for sale :lol

One can never have enough 1/6 Batman in your collection.

Poses:

TDK/TDKR with or without Tumbler/Batsignal/Armory
TDK/TDKR with or without Batpod
BB with or without Tumbler/Batsignal
BB FNO
TDK HK with Sticky Gun
TDK Interrogation
89 Batman with or without 89 Batmobile

Well the texture is just a HTs thing they do with a lot of their figures. Since its a prototype photographed, ill wait to pass judgement on that until its actually out. The lines look pretty good to me, if we are talking the same lines :lol. One thing i like on this new DX is the neck pieces are much more accurate than the Medicom.

Yeah very happy about the neck, VERY happy :yess:

cowl.jpg

The cowl itself, please tell me what you think the problems are because its pretty darn close here considering its not 100% the exact same angle nor face expression and we are comparing a TOY vs. a real human being (with some photoshop)..... If your not happy with this, then why bother collecting?.... :dunno

Because it could be closer. And because after 3 tries, some of us don't think it's quite there yet. I feel that the figure that void posted represents the epitome of Batman as portrayed by Christian Bale onscreen in TDK (and probably TDKR).

Aside from some small, but critical problems with the cowl, I don't think any of the 3 mouth plates represent Bale as Batman particularly well.

First, like void said, the features of the cowl are too sharply defined. They should be softer. This has been a problem with every one of HT's cowls.

Take a look at this comparison. Exact angle. The forehead is flatter, where it should curve more.
MjWDe.jpg

Below, take a look at the "Y" shape that the cowl's brow line makes in conjunction with the nose. You can easily tell that the DX's is sharper and more aggressive, more exaggerated than the real thing, and combined with the flatter forehead, it changes the look of the cowl in most shots that aren't straight-on.

I guarantee that once we get a profile-angle shot of the cowl, you can tell how off it is.

q17bO.jpg

Also, look at the eyes in relation to the width of the exposed part of Bale's face. I can't tell if the eyes are set too wide or if the mouth part is too narrow, but something's off there as well.

j4EhH.jpg

All this may sound nitpicky, but to me, all the small issues affect what is, to me, the most important aspect of this figure. I'm not talking about crap like the shape of the collar armor or look of the neck armor texture or the shape of the belt or any of that stuff.

Last edited:
Back