HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Great stuff. EKT! The DX 12 doesn't hold up to the Medi, but it's still very good.

What mods did you do to it?

I get asked the same question, everytime I post pics.
In these latest pictures, you see:
- Painted eyelids black.
- Shortened neck.
What you can't see:
- I've modded a couple of DX2's mouthpieces to fit the DX12.
- Old custom cape by Buddylee.
- My PERS is technically not PERS anymore. Each eye move individually.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I get asked the same question, everytime I post pics.
In these latest pictures, you see:
- Painted eyelids black.
- Shortened neck.
What you can't see:
- I've modded a couple of DX2's mouthpieces to fit the DX12.
- Old custom cape by Buddylee.
- My PERS is technically not PERS anymore. Each eye move individually.

I see. You haven't done the glove mod?

I see. You haven't done the glove mod?

I forgot to mention that. Yes, I did. First mod I did, actually, easiest thing to do.

My Dx12 arrived and everything seems to be beautiful, except for one thing. The left set of abs seems to be a little higher than the right side and it makes everything look uneven? How can I fix this?

My Dx12 arrived and everything seems to be beautiful, except for one thing. The left set of abs seems to be a little higher than the right side and it makes everything look uneven? How can I fix this?

It's coz they are twisted - just futz it and it's fine.

Got a light/slight finger oil smudge on my figure from handling it. Is there a way to safely remove this, or do these pretty much stay forever once started?

printya.jpg

Great pics EKT!!! Did you just paint the eyelids or did you mold them...if that's just a paint job, it looks good enough for me...I might try just the paint...don't have nads to mold the squinty eyes

Great pics EKT!!! Did you just paint the eyelids or did you mold them...if that's just a paint job, it looks good enough for me...I might try just the paint...don't have nads to mold the squinty eyes

Hey. Thanks dude. No squinty mods here, eyelids were only painted.

Got a light/slight finger oil smudge on my figure from handling it. Is there a way to safely remove this, or do these pretty much stay forever once started?

printya.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it too much my friend. Mine looks like too. I usually lick my finger and then wipe it off. Sounds gross but it helps a little. Unless you're somewhat OCD like myself, I leave figure alone if it doesn't come off. :wink1: As long as the rubber doesn't peel or got stretch mark, judging by your photo, the suit on yours looks perfect to me.:1-1:

Got my faceplate from robbie today, and wow, I think my DX12 is complete!

20121224_135557.jpg

20121224_135642.jpg

20121224_135654.jpg

Why does he look like he's on crack? LOL JK those eyes for some reason.. mine doesn't look that wide open..

just got mine last week, super excited about this piece! its a work of art, loving it :clap:clap

DSC09501_zpsae822270.jpg

The smirking mouthpiece is growing on me. Under different lighting and from different angles, it doesn't look that bad.
tdk5.jpg

I LOVE this pic. I'd love to have a figure that looked like that.

Why does he look like he's on crack? LOL JK those eyes for some reason.. mine doesn't look that wide open..

haha it's the lighting of course! I'm considering performing the eye mod soon...once a grow a pair big enough to break that PERS open...

It's not size that matters. Balls of steel is what you need. I do t have them :(

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Thanks Mag. Your photography tips help a lot. Pic' quality's not too shabby now, eh?

Not shabby at all! They (and the more recent ones) look great! :hi5:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I love how there's such a huge turn around on the dx12. It really is a great figure and I adore it. Not because I love the films it's based on, but because its a great representation of my favorite character from my all time favorite movie(s). Excellent craftsmanship all around. Sure there are a few things to nitpick on, but with every thing we, fans of all things geek in ANY medium, are nitpicky to begin with. But once you look at it as a whole, there's more to love than there is to hate.

I give a bat salute to all my fellow batfans that have this figure, or are still anxiously awaiting theirs. This year has been extremely kind to fans of the bat. Not only did we get a classic, amazing representation of the character in the form of the Keaton version, we also got a grand finale to what I consider will be a timeless trilogy from Chris Nolan and team. And to add a cherry on top of an awesome bat cake, we got the fantastic dx12. I had a good year with collectibles and am looking extremely forward to the dx11, ms Kyle, and the menacing bane due next year.

*raises goblet*...to the Batman!!!

:duff
picture.php
picture.php

I am definitely getting a Hot Toys figure from my Wife for Christmas tomorrow. I don't know for certain which one, but based on when it arrived, I'm guessing Dx12.....I feel like a little kid, I want to go to sleep and it's only 7pm. :)

Fingers crossed for you, cofphoto! It's a great figure, even right out of the box (for those of us too timid to do the various "mods" being pictured in here - they look great)....

Be sure and post pictures (whatever HT figure it is...)

TDKR-04.jpg

Got mine 3 days ago but only got to futz it and do a few mods last night. Painting the eyelids, cutting the glove cuffs, and adding girth to the calves so far has done great improvements in an already good figure.

Right now the only thing I hate about this figure is that it's a big dust magnet. Especially the stock cape.

Please excuse my crappy pics. Merry Christmas to you all! :duff

Back