HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Excellent post Plasmid

That's going on Facebook :lol

Jyecat, I Haz the TDKR fever :lol

PS: crap like the collar bone armour matters too:lol

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Excellent post Plasmid

That's going on Facebook :lol

Jyecat, I Haz the TDKR fever :lol

PS: crap like the collar bone armour matters too:lol

I had to draw the line somewhere. I didn't noticed those things to be honest. Too fixated on the cowl and the Not-Bale mouth sculpts. :lol

Dammit now i want that Medicom figure it looks spot on .

cowl.jpg

The cowl itself, please tell me what you think the problems are because its pretty darn close here considering its not 100% the exact same angle nor face expression and we are comparing a TOY vs. a real human being (with some photoshop).....

What's funny is that is actually a really good comparison since it about lines up perfectly. Unlike some other comparisons. :monkey1

The eyes are wonky to me. Looks cartoony in many of the pics.

The eyes on the Keaton Bats are definitely better looking.

Thats because on the Keaton Bats , the opening on the eye holes on the cowl are bigger , and theres "black make-up" around his eyes.

Yeah, it's something like that.

I think a lot of people are looking at the eyelids, not the actual eye openings. The eye openings themselves are perfect IMO and no bigger than the ones on the DX09. Obviously, they can't have him squinting like Bale often does.

One could argue that the eyes on this figure actually look smaller than Bale's when he's not squinting:

Hi,

I'm always flattered to see my work used here and there so please don't take it the wrong way. What bothers me on an other hand is to see some other peoples or websites watermark on it.

And linking back to the original picture and or crediting me would have been nice as well. ;)

HTC/Zombie actually stole your picture and put his signature on it? :(

Yeah very happy about the neck, VERY happy :yess:

:hi5:

This is actually Facebook worthy.

You realize the DX head is at a different angle from the Medicom and promo image? :dunno

Same with the EMP gun pose comparison.

^^^Doesn't change the fact that the brow is too sqinched together.

Not a big deal to me, but now that I've seen the comparison, I can see how the figures cowl is a bit of a caricature of an angry face.

You realize the DX head is at a different angle from the Medicom and promo image? :dunno

I was gonna say the same thing!

The EMP gun pose is in the exact angle in relation to the viewer, not the tilt of the head. A critique of the curve of the forehead is valid there.

And the brow line comparison in the straight-on shots wouldn't alter the difference by a slight angle difference of the heads.

Dammit now i want that Medicom figure it looks spot on .

That's only half Medicom.

The EMP gun pose is in the exact angle in relation to the viewer, not the tilt of the head. A critique of the curve of the forehead is valid there.

And the brow line comparison in the straight-on shots wouldn't alter the difference by a slight angle difference of the heads.

:exactly:

The brows are too steep and the mouth opening (along with the mouth itself) needs to be wider. Those are the only problems that really stand out to me as unacceptable. Then again, I'm not much of a TDK/TDKR fan.

This might be the closest we've come to the suit from the films and we still have the nitpicking.

If you love it, buy it. If you don't love it, don't buy it.

Let see how far they take it they are on a roll :wink1:

^^^Doesn't change the fact that the brow is too sqinched together.

Not a big deal to me, but now that I've seen the comparison, I can see how the figures cowl is a bit of a caricature of an angry face.

YES! It makes this Batman look like a caricature.

Something's really off about it, and the Not-Bale mouth doesn't help.
q6EKH.jpg

angry_asian_1312764953.jpg

I don't think we have to worry about the cowl texture looking that rough. The DX02 turned out smoother than the prototype.

You haven't seen it yet.

I mean in terms of design. BB is the only Nolan film I'd be interested in collectibles from, and even then, only Bats himself (preferably in a large scale, since he'd be alone). The new movies are fantastic, but the art direction doesn't grab me as much. The TDK/TDKR suit is indeed nice and the figures are quite impressive, but its complexity is also its Achille's heel. It just veers too far from being Batman for me.

The only sixth scale figure line I would make a point to collect would be from the Burton films. And I shall. :yess:

q6EKH.jpg

That's it!

Look at the shape of the eyes.

They look Asian (and I don't mean that in a racist way)

q6EKH.jpg

:rotfl :goodpost:

I mean in terms of design. BB is the only Nolan film I'd be interested in collectibles from, and even then, only Bats himself (preferably in a large scale, since he'd be alone). The new movies are fantastic, but the art direction doesn't grab me as much. The TDK/TDKR suit is indeed nice and the figures are quite impressive, but its complexity is also its Achille's heel. It just veers too far from being Batman for me.

The only sixth scale figure line I would make a point to collect would be from the Burton films. And I shall. :yess:

Ah, gottcha. :duff

That's it!

Look at the shape of the eyes.

They look Asian (and I don't mean that in a racist way)

The actual eye's look perfect to me in that comparison. The PERS are no bigger, and a great shape. I think it's the cowl around it that's throwing you.

Back