HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

That's it!

Look at the shape of the eyes.

They look Asian (and I don't mean that in a racist way)

That's what I thought too! You don't necessarily have to put a race to it, it's just that the eyes are squinty, plain and simple. Even a little too slanted in that particular picture.
They have that dark-yet-bright look that's characteristic of many PERS figures, which is only made worse by those angular eye holes. I'm fairly certain this would have turned out gorgeously if it wasn't a DX. Just take a chunk out of the Bale sculpt, slap it onto a small 1/6 head armature, and add the cowl on top. Presto.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

So are they too squinty or too googly? :lol

:rotfl :goodpost:

Ah, gottcha. :duff

The actual eye's look perfect to me in that comparison. The PERS are no bigger, and a great shape. I think it's the cowl around it that's throwing you.

Look at the right eye, specifically, how on the actual eye, the lower border is quite flat

I'm the figure it's curving up

Batman%20%233.jpg

Damn it, this picture's making me like the suit.

Look at the right eye, specifically, how on the actual eye, the lower border is quite flat

I'm the figure it's curving up

I think I might not get what you're talking about.

Again, are the eyes too big or too small in your opinion?

Also, his right or mine?

Damn it, this picture's making me like the suit.

:lol Don't worry, that pose isn't ever gonna be possible.

So are they too squinty or too googly? :lol

I said wonky before :lol

Either way, i think the eyes and caricature cowl are both problems

Hey this is mostly for y'all

I'm just gonna slap my medi head on if they don't make changes :dunno

EDIT:

Eye size is fine, shape is wrong and they are too easily spotted behind the cowl

:lol Don't worry, that pose isn't ever gonna be possible.

The forearm and upper-chest armor looks mighty cool, nevertheless. Ah, it's cool. No figure will ever look like that perfect combination of matte and shine. Plus the suit's tummy bulge isn't visible in that shot, but it's there. I know it's there.

The suit really is a work of art. Its so nicely designed. Very complex. Seeing it in-person, you can appreciate the details more. I wish i could get the 1:1 size, but its too expensive.

It just looks odd in figure form, I don't know. Lifesize, it is indeed very cool. Doesn't translate nicely to 1/6 for me. Maybe not even 1/4, but we'll have to see.

Could you elaborate on what the Keaton eyes have that this doesn't?

Accurate slant-age.

Yes, it's absolutely breathtaking in that shot. I like posing my figures in more-dynamic ways though, and whether he's punching something or standing straight up, the tummy chub isn't appealing straight from the front.

The only thing wrong with that pic is the eyes honestly :lol

I'll elaborate with pics for ya tomorrow mags, I'm on bed on iPhone currently :rotfl

Squinty Mag, the jury is still out on Googly. :lol

Void is right, the cowl eyes are too squinty for lack of a racial slur. :lol

I don't know why but the (cowl) head just looks off to me (& it may just be me) other than that everything is awesome, especially the CB head sculpt! I also really like the base and how it looks like the steps where the bane vs batman fight takes place.

However I will have to wait & see wether or not I'll pick this up considering how similar it is to the dx02 & how many gosh darn figures will be released in & around December. If I do pick this up it'll be b/c of the CB sculpt.

Anyways there's my 2 cents

Yes, it's absolutely breathtaking in that shot. I like posing my figures in more-dynamic ways though, and whether he's punching something or standing straight up, the tummy chub isn't appealing straight from the front.

ALthough I'm not a fan of the ab design on this, I haven't seen a single picture where it has "tummy chub". Only the V1 TDK figure had that.

I don't know why but the (cowl) head just looks off to me (& it may just be me) other than that everything is awesome, especially the CB head sculpt! I also really like the base and how it looks like the steps where the bane vs batman fight takes place.

However I will have to wait & see wether or not I'll pick this up considering how similar it is to the dx02 & how many gosh darn figures will be released in & around December. If I do pick this up it'll be b/c of the CB sculpt.

Anyways there's my 2 cents

Definitily been following the last couple of pages, you have

The only thing wrong with that pic is the eyes honestly :lol

I'll elaborate with pics for ya tomorrow mags, I'm on bed on iPhone currently :rotfl

I look forward to it. Goodnight. :duff

Squinty Mag, the jury is still out on Googly. :lol

Void is right, the cowl eyes are too squinty for lack of a racial slur. :lol

The cowl or the eyes?

If you're talking about the shape of the actual cowl then I can understand that I think.

Back