HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Xmas fellow Freaks in the DC section. Sorry IMs overpowered DC guys and took all the goodies
p1010722vn.jpg

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Merry Xmas fellow Freaks in the DC section. Sorry IMs overpowered DC guys and took all the goodies
p1010722vn.jpg

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Very cool Geil ...:clap:clap:clap
Where do you get the mini boxe's from ? Tonights dinner roast alla A IRON MAN with side of potato's and your choice of batwings barbecue style...:lol

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Got mine, and the main utility belt was broken and the cape doesn't go in at all. Already contacted Sideshow with a follow up call tomorrow.

Some go in with ease and some don't seem to go in at all :( Just gotta keep pushing.

You just have to push the clips into the slots. Start by putting the clip in vertically. Press down on the clip while making sure the part of the cape that the clip is attached to is going under the suit in the slot.

Then, once you press down into the armor, lay it down flat horizontally. You'll know you have it if it's not protruding through the cape on the shoulders. It sort of snaps into place and lies flat.

One side of my cape was really easy to get on, but the other was a real pain and left a few marks on the inside of the slot. Both are in place now, though.

I really like this figure. He's a big improvement over the previous releases.

Heat the shoulder area up first. The clips will go in like a hot knife through butter.

Heat the shoulder area up first. The clips will go in like a hot knife through butter.

Sadly, I didn't do that in the first place, but the clips are in place now and none of the marks can be seen because they're covered up by the clip. I think I can live with it. Hopefully my ocd doesn't get the best of me.

Hoping this ships from BBTS tomorrow, :pray: can't wait!

OKay- after sitting in my toy room for two months- I finally got a chance to unbox and play with the batpod and DX12. Fun.

This now accompanies my original release tumbler. I also picked up the original HT Joker, MMS67 Begins, and the latest Begins which to my surprise is nearly identical to the original minus the pneumatic mangler. I also have everything else on pre order so this will eventually be a pretty substantial Nolan-Verse collection to go with my rather extensive collection of Nolan-Verse props and suits..

Sorry for the crappy Iphone 5 pics-- My regular camera is a Nikon D700 but it was not with me today :( Soon. Soon.

I have to say- this thing is not as pose-able as the HT pics would lead you to believe.. What a pain in the ass.. I felt like I was going to break it.

Anyway- here is what I got using Iphone 5 as camera and Ipad Mini as light source.:lol IDK if they are good enough to win a better cape, maybe next time...

Hottoys-1-L.jpg

Hottoys-1-5-L.jpg

Hottoys-1-3-L.jpg

I used to boil and use a blow dryer to soften up plastics, but I don't really recommend it.

I'm sure it definitely depends on the plastic, but I did it to Hasbro figures that were warped inside the packaging (you know, like preposed legs inside the bubbles) and it ruined the integrity of them. Cracks formed on limbs and the plastic just wasn't the same. I'm sure the material Hot Toys uses isn't much better.

The same thing happened to Hot Toys heads from true type bodies I popped off for connectors. Around the time I got my DX 01 Joker and Bank Robbers, I got those true types and the heads were really difficult to take off. I heated them (thankfully not my Jokers or any of my important figures) and the seam along the neck, you know, the mold lines, became much more prominent and you could see warpage and little hints of uneven circles around the plastic. The connector was also cracking.

I know it's common, and I know Hot Toys has put that in their directions for taking off heads, but I'd never personally do that. Especially with a Batman that has components like glue, decals (if it has the kevlar prints), rubber, etc.

If anything needs a tutorial video, it is how to put on the damn cape.:wave

Very cool Geil ...:clap:clap:clap
Where do you get the mini boxe's from ? Tonights dinner roast alla A IRON MAN with side of potato's and your choice of batwings barbecue style...:lol

back in the days when HT still cared they had draws for Xmas and they send out these cutouts along side with it. Eventually they made the file available for download as well so you can print these yourself. I don't have the files but maybe someone else still does?

I used to boil and use a blow dryer to soften up plastics, but I don't really recommend it.

I'm sure it definitely depends on the plastic, but I did it to Hasbro figures that were warped inside the packaging (you know, like preposed legs inside the bubbles) and it ruined the integrity of them. Cracks formed on limbs and the plastic just wasn't the same. I'm sure the material Hot Toys uses isn't much better.

The same thing happened to Hot Toys heads from true type bodies I popped off for connectors. Around the time I got my DX 01 Joker and Bank Robbers, I got those true types and the heads were really difficult to take off. I heated them (thankfully not my Jokers or any of my important figures) and the seam along the neck, you know, the mold lines, became much more prominent and you could see warpage and little hints of uneven circles around the plastic. The connector was also cracking.

I know it's common, and I know Hot Toys has put that in their directions for taking off heads, but I'd never personally do that. Especially with a Batman that has components like glue, decals (if it has the kevlar prints), rubber, etc.

I've been using heat on figures since long before collecting 1/6th (15 years or some ****). I highly recommend it as an excellent futzing tool.

However, I do think that generally hot air is better than boiling. I have damaged things with how water, but NEVER with hot air.

I feel completely comfortable recommending that people use a hairdryer with Hot Toys figures. It dramatically reduces frustration, while often dramatically improving appearance.

I hope everyone had a nice Xmas. It seems my DX12 did!

I've been using heat on figures since long before collecting 1/6th (15 years or some ****). I highly recommend it as an excellent futzing tool.

However, I do think that generally hot air is better than boiling. I have damaged things with how water, but NEVER with hot air.

I feel completely comfortable recommending that people use a hairdryer with Hot Toys figures. It dramatically reduces frustration, while often dramatically improving appearance.

I think we need to design a hairdryer/heatgun specific to our needs, smaller more portable ;)

I now feel like my DX12 is complete w the custom mouth plate!

IMG_1727.jpg

So I received a third batman head...now I will attempt the eye squint sculpt....

Wish me luck guys....wish me luck.

Took a few more pics

dxbat7_zps1cdae92a.jpg

dxbat8_zpsf296f81d.jpg

dxaction_zps8e26809f.jpg

Last edited:

BigBadToyStore is supposed to be getting this back in stock today, still no update though... :dunno

nice pics magnus, and robbies faceplates looks real good. dam it HT,S sud given us something like that :gah:

BigBadToyStore is supposed to be getting this back in stock today, still no update though... :dunno

I am patiently waiting until they open so I can check my email for a update if its going to charge and ship as well. :impatient:

Just got my DX12 today for Christmas and I'd certainly love a new cape....You didn't say how many entries we could post so here are my three best for now:

But MOOOOOOM, I don't LIKE my new cape!!! Sigh.....ok, I'll pose for ONE picture! And that's it!!

148897_10152132707814460_1805493876_n.jpg

Curse you Hot Toys, why? WHYYYYYYYYYY??????

313983_10152132707849460_2010290381_n.jpg

And one featuring yours truly on Christmas morning. :yess:

309352_10152132707859460_218955068_n.jpg

Looks like you win. PM me your address:D

Back