HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

You need to go back and read WindWhisperBomb's post. The context is very clear - he's asking about orders that were processed out-of-order, and the customer service response is they want specific order #s before they look into it. Not his order #, but the order #s of others that shipped early.

it reads: "In regards to the orders that have shipped out early, if you are able to provide order numbers I can take a look for you. Our orders are typically processed in the order in which they were placed, however I wouldn’t be able to see if anything out of the ordinary happened unless I have a specific example."

and i go back to my original statement: did the original writer include their order number with their original message?

you are assuming she wants "other's" numbers. but that's not exactly what she asks for here. she may be asking for his order number.

but whatever. i still agree with JD-Meyers: take it to the other thread.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

it reads: "In regards to the orders that have shipped out early, if you are able to provide order numbers I can take a look for you. Our orders are typically processed in the order in which they were placed, however I wouldn’t be able to see if anything out of the ordinary happened unless I have a specific example."

and i go back to my original statement: did the original writer include their order number with their original message?

you are assuming she wants "other's" numbers. but that's not exactly what she asks for here. she may be asking for his order number.

Yes, the SSC representative has my order number.

Ok, let us know when you become a moderator.

This is an issue specifically with the DX-12, and is a hell of a lot more relevant than a lot of the other garbage that gets posted (like the incessant modification discussions, which actually have their own subforum).

You might not be interested - and for some reason, you seem oddly resistant to the idea that SSC is behaving inappropriately in this case - but that doesn't mean other DX-12 owners aren't.

In fact, if the issue wasn't raised and discussed here, then other DX-12 owners (like myself) wouldn't be aware of it, and then people like WindWhisperBomb wouldn't have access to the info that shows that they've been wronged.

If you don't like it, you don't have to keep reading about it, nor do you have to post about it.

But I, for one, am glad that the community here exists so that we can help one another out with this information, not sweep it under the rug.

I think I could even live with my order being filled after people who ordered after me, it's the fact that they're telling me its not even in stock that burns me up. Those two coupled together is what makes it worth complaining about, for me.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, the SSC representative has my order number.

thank you ~ that's all the clarification i was wondering about.

haytil, you obviously have passionate feelings about this. no need to make assumptions about what i think of ssc's customer service; it's not remotely personal. i got the answer to my question and i am done with the conversation. in the future i will just ignore these kinds of discussions, so thank you for reminding me of that.

I think I could even live with my order being filled after people who ordered after me, it's the fact that they're telling me its not even in stock that burns me up. Those two coupled together is what makes it worth complaining about, for me.

Yeah, I feel you. We wait so long for these figures, from the initial announcement, through the Asian release, all the way to the US release. To me, it's not a big deal to even add a few more months. What's the difference between 12 months and 15 months? I don't care if I end up waiting longer than EVERYONE else for a given figure (and I'll always opt in that direction if it means saving money).

But when a company straight-up lies about something, that's when the alarms go off and I start to get angry. Haha, I'm not even the wronged party in this issue - but it upsets me that YOU guys are getting wronged!

they had my order number.

they wanted other peoples numbers before they would go any further talking about what orders where fulfilled....then i canceled and refunded.

bullet points:

- ordered the end of jan the day (an hour or so after) it came back in stock.
- absolutely no shipping wait period posted
- called to ask why my order was still in processing 2 days later. they had no clue what was going on in regards to stock. just told me to call back in a day, but as of the conversation they didn't seem to have anything in the warehouse.
- the day following my call the shipping wait times was posted as 3 to 4 weeks.

the rest is what others are complaining about. people getting orders filled that had ordered after me, no real answers from CS etc etc

I really feel lucky. Sorry you guys are waiting so long.

I'm not sure how many people here have experience from the sales and customer service side of a business. In places that aren't tiny (SSC is most definitely not), you can be pretty sure that the folks handling order fulfillment are not the customer service people you're exchanging emails with.

And without knowing how their computer systems and databases are set up, it's not reasonable to assume they can easily look up correlation of order date and shipment date. They might be able to do one and then look at the other, but with the hundreds of orders they receive/process, how would they know which to look at? Are they supposed to go through every order containing DX12 since January to see which ones shipped and on which days? And while they might be able to spend some time to look into this and find out what went wrong (something has), they wouldn't or shouldn't talk about it with a third-party customer except perhaps to extend an apology. Certainly not provide any information on anyone else's order.

I'm one of the people who ordered January 14th and have not received anything yet. I was only disappointed that their site claimed the product was in stock but it's clear it wasn't. Other than that, I think the customer service people have dealt with my issues and emails quite responsibly and fairly.

I answer customer support emails on a daily basis for my own business, it can be a very demanding job, mentally and sometimes emotionally, if nothing else.

So, to wrap things up, I did get my Indy DX05 today. Woot! But I've yet to open it. My daughter (3) and I have instead been playing with a 13 year old Duplo set I just picked up on eBay. :)

Wow, your story is even more messed up than mine. :lol You ordered before that 3-4 week notice and your order still got hung up. Damn.

What's speculation? There's no speculation here. Both of those are facts, which I know to be true.

A) Unless someone is lying about what SSC said, then SSC claims their policy is to fulfill orders in the order they've received.

B) I also know, for a fact, that there are members here who ordered in February and have already received their figures.

There's no speculation involved.

What you know and what you can probe to Sideshow are two completely different things. Unless you are fully capable of proving it to SS with order numbers that show someone ordered after another person and still got it ahead of them, then all you have is forum speculation. A SS customer service rep isn't going to click through the hundreds of order numbers just because someone heard on a message board that Bobby Joe ordered his Batman three days after Jimbo and got his while Jimbo is still waiting. Now if you can give SS Jimbo's order number along with Bobby Joe's they will have something concrete to look at. If you can prove they did something wrong they may even be inclined to give you a discount or partial refund for your troubles. Telling them you read it on a message board isn't going to get you anywhere.

No speculation here. I odered the 4th and Difabio, Ecko, and Dark Passenger ( and these are only the names I can remember) all ordered days after me and has had their stuff for a week now but they tell me it's not in stock.

I think DarkPassenger had his a while before .

I honestly think it has to do with paying with paypal

No speculation here. I odered the 4th and Difabio, Ecko, and Dark Passenger ( and these are only the names I can remember) all ordered days after me and has had their stuff for a week now but they tell me it's not in stock.

Well hey, just tell that to customer service. I'm sure they will have no trouble looking that up :slap

they shouldn't have to go through hundreds of orders. just the ones within the last month...
if they don't have a system (or CS reps) capable of this then they shouldn't be shipping company.

from my experience and observation it was one mistake of putting an item up BEFORE they actually had them in hand (granted they did remedy this by putting a shipping notification days later on the listing) that has snowballed...as one little mistake tends to do.

regardless of people getting orders before others.
1: they listed an item as in stock for at least a few days
2: they charged people before having items in hand in full with shipping
3: their website specifically lists "shipping soon" as within 72 hours, where as their CS reps will tell you up to 5 days.

if they actually had this items in hand before listing again NONE of this would have happened. i can understand why it happened, but the fact remains IT SHOULDN'T have happened for a seasoned company who's main business is shipping and sales.

that said i got my DX12 this afternoon...from another business.

Last edited:

I think DarkPassenger had his a while before .

I honestly think it has to do with paying with paypal

I used paypal as well and have received mine.

they shouldn't have to go through hundreds of orders. just the ones within the last month...
if they don't have a system (or CS reps) capable of this then they shouldn't be shipping company.

from my experience and observation it was one mistake of putting an item up BEFORE they actually had them in hand (granted they did remedy this by putting a shipping notification days later on the listing) that has snowballed...as one little mistake tends to do.

regardless of people getting orders before others.
1: they listed an item as in stock for at least a few days
2: they charged people before having items in hand
3: their website specifically lists "shipping soon" as within 72 hours, where as their CS reps will tell you up to 5 days.

So you want some CSR To go through every order placed within the last month and verify the exact time they were ordered and then check their ship dates just because some guy heard on the interwebs that someone else got theirs first? Yeah, they got time to do that for everyone that asks :dunno

took some more pics
F1DD1B8A-5E9A-45CC-B945-3501F0BCD59D-4445-0000024A519EFB20.jpg

So you want some CSR To go through every order placed within the last month and verify the exact time they were ordered and then check their ship dates just because some guy heard on the interwebs that someone else got theirs first? Yeah, they got time to do that for everyone that asks :dunno

that's what you do when you are a business who deals specifically in shipping. they have the infrastructure to do so or they wouldn't be in the business of shipping items on a mass scale across the world. THIS IS WHAT CS REPS ARE FOR WHEN YOU SHIP...not just answer small questions about sales or clarify release dates and adjust your payments.

have you had orders go out within the month of feb? if so have their been any that where full payments that shipped out within 72 hours? should not be a hard question or involve looking through hundred of listings. it should be a few minutes from a cs rep if they have the tools they "should" have when dealing with shipping.

then we have the differing polices listed on site versus what CS has to say.
its not one problem here, its many.

Last edited:

I'm not sure what to do. The CS reps were nice enough when I emailed about DX12 order status, but now that I've received and opened my DX05 Indy I have a much bigger issue.

I just weighed both the golden idol and the sandbag and they're totally off. Not even remotely similar in weight. I've watched the movie, I know the bag starts off too heavy and Dr. Jones removes some sand to approximate the idol's mass, but this bag is already significantly under weight. The issue must then be at the factory. We already know Indy didn't make that mistake. I don't mean to overly mention a different HT product in this thread, but since we're talking about CS and it was part of the same order I thought I had to bring it up.

Just in case: *jk*

Back