HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The fight scenes are as realistic as it gets. Ever been in a real fight or seen a real fight? You think everyone will be throwing punches are kicks like MAtrix or Jet Li?

Point is, no matter how trained you are in martial arts, when it gets down to it, real fights are messy and like a brawl.

I love the fight with Bane and Batman. It is very RAW. The air is intense. And never got bored of it.

To me the movie is the weakest of three but the fight scenes are the best.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Honestly, the action and fight sequences from all 3 Nolan Bat films were not that impressive. I guess making it realistic meant we weren't going to get Bats jumping around, doing flips, or having any stylized martial arts fighting, but all of the last fight scenes from each film was just kind of a boring brawl. I still like Nolan's Batman, but the only fight/action sequences that stood out for me was the first Tumbler chase in the first movie and chase with Joker in the big semi in the second movie.

Real fights are two guys tackling each other and humping one another on the ground. It's ugly and desperate. They're not slick punch, block, evade ****.

The fight scenes are as realistic as it gets. Ever been in a real fight or seen a real fight? You think everyone will be throwing punches are kicks like MAtrix or Jet Li?

Point is, no matter how trained you are in martial arts, when it gets down to it, real fights are messy and like a brawl.

I love the fight with Bane and Batman. It is very RAW. The air is intense. And never got bored of it.

I'm a champion Amateur MMA fighter and that fight is nothing like the ones I've been in. There was always space between the two of them, and the technique was sloppy, but the fight itself was practically sterile of any real human reaction except for Hardy, who did great.

What I hated was that Batman came into the rematch and fought the same fight, minus the mask attack.

They should have showed Bale in the pit training or learning new moves to take a different arsenal of skills into the second fight. Instead he just showed up full of confidence that he was going to win.

Basically that to me said that Batman had Bane's number all along and that he only lost the first fight due to his over confidence and eight years retirement.

Still I enjoyed both fights for what they were and I especially liked the whole sequence where Batman was being taken to Bane's lair by Catwomen.

He's been doing nothing but training, recuperating, and strengthening his body for months. Plus he learned about Bane's weakness (the mask) from the prison doctor. The juxtaposition of the shots during their encounters, first with Batman reeling back as Bane ascends the stairs to Batman standing strong and ready in the final battle was purposely done by Nolan to show the difference.

I remember the Standing tall shot was all over the Trailers and T.V spots.

Now, I got into a debate about bane crying and it's gotten some grief from a few people, not just here but people I know elsewhere.

I personally didn't mind it, but I never felt he was crying specifically over Talia. Batman had just busted his mask up good so I'm sure he got a huge jolt of pain. I mean it could have been a combo of the pain and then hearing the story. I just find it funny that people say he was crying like a baby, when I only remember seeing some tears run down his face.

Yeah, I thought it was a soft moment for the character. He knew he was about to die soon and it was like saying goodbye. I don't really know if he "loved" her or just considered himself almost like a father/brother/protector figure for her.

The fighting in TDKR was atrocious.

I know people say they didn't like the fighting style in BB & TDK but at least it was authentic to the street fighting martial art style it was influenced by, which is KFM.

If you actually watch any videos about KFM you will instantly see the similarities to the fighting style of Batman in these films and it's actually a very effective and visually exciting way of defending yourself. Purely developed for street fighting. It was just wasn't edited well

TDKR did none of this. It was just borish, slugging and Batman looked like he didn't even really know what he was doing. The bank fight was the worst. Total lack of enthusiasm just lots of huffing and puffing mixed in between bad dialog

Honestly, this is probably why the scene worked for me and still does. Basically, cause it was very raw, and the fact that there was no music just the sounds of the fight made it even more brutal.

I love when movies make fights and action more raw and gritty. Yes real life fights are not pretty and in the words of Ra's "this is not a dance." However, I can completely understand why some would want to see a little bit more of a stylized fight scene. I mean, it's a movie about Batman. It's part of the fun of going to comic books movies and Sci-fi movies. However, I agree with the poster who said it was refreshing to see a more RAW fight. I just completely understand the other argument.

There was nothing 'realistic' about it. Unless you comparing the realism to 2 men trying to fight each other outside of a club at 3am in the morning. Which neither Batman are Bane are these are 2 man skilled in martial arts

Yeah, I thought it was a soft moment for the character. He knew he was about to die soon and it was like saying goodbye. I don't really know if he "loved" her or just considered himself almost like a father/brother/protector figure for her.

Yeah, and another thing. These people were all prepared to die. They didn't even attempt to get away. They just were going to sit there. I wonder if Ra's would have done that.

I think I posted about it in the Marvel section when I mentioned I was a stuntman in the Cap2 movie, but I found a photo on my computer of me in TDKR in holding before we shot the scene, but here was my costume in TDKR (not the Stadium scene costume but the Wall St. battle at the end). I haven't posted up the screenshots from the Blu-Ray and the extras on my blog yet (dwkungfustar.blogspot.com), but will do soon when I find the time. I got to fight next to Bale and Hardy and got to meet them, just amazing to see them in costume! We got some fight choreography training with Buster Reeves (he was Bale's stunt double in the first 2 films and Hardy's for this one) and he was amazing, even demonstrated a little Keysi for us. :yess:

There was nothing 'realistic' about it. Unless you comparing the realism to 2 men trying to fight each other outside of a club at 3am in the morning. Which neither Batman are Bane are these are 2 man skilled in martial arts

I guess you never watch a Mix Martial Arts fight? Or did free style sparring? Or been in a street fight? Does it look like a chinese kung fu movie to you?

I did MMA for years and ya, I can do all the fancy locks, and punches and kicking while training but when it comes to free sparring, all skills go out the window and it's just two person trying to choke each other out on the ground.

i was never involved in a street fight but witness to a few, it's either a bunch of people crowding on dude and and everyone trying to get a punch or kick in or if it is a fair fight, just a bunch of people pushing back and forth with the occasional punch and kick until someone is down and then they will continue kicking him while he is on the ground.

Nothing beautiful or graceful. It is ugly, messy, and brutal. When it really comes to it, the party with more people will always win.

I saw the keysi documentary that was on the BB DVD/bluray.

In theory it is a very nice looking fighting system. in practice, let's see how they take on a bunch of able body guys.

I've been training in Muay Thai for 5 years. I understand how trained fighters fight

Like i said the fight on the stairs is so un brutal, slow and poorly executed that the only way it could be classed as realistic is if you were likening it to 2 people who did not really know what they were doing

Not to mention there's plenty of videos on the internet of 2 'able bodied' martial artists from separate style that fight and it isn't a messy gung ho guns approach. Search any KFM vs Krav Maga or whichever styles and you will see. It's maybe sloppy in MMA at times but this wasn't an MMA fight was it.

Last edited:

I'm a champion Amateur MMA fighter and that fight is nothing like the ones I've been in. There was always space between the two of them, and the technique was sloppy, but the fight itself was practically sterile of any real human reaction except for Hardy, who did great.

This is still a movie. It can't be exactly like the real thing which is why I say it is as realistic as it gets (for a movie). You don't see fancy high kicks, flying kicks, and spinning kicks. You are me know all these moves are suicide in a real fight. The only kicks my sensei allowed was mid height and low.

If possible, we are always encouraged to go to ground as soon as possible. Down waste time trying to get a punch or kick in. In fact, the moment you try to get a punch or a kick in is when you get tackle to the ground.

It has been proven by the Gracies that even if you an an expert striker, you can't avoid a ground fight.

I did MMA a few years. With my size and height (6'1, 200 pounds) I probably could have compete but that was many years ago and the scene was practically non-existent back then here.

if you are really an MMA fighter then you know all fights end up being ground fight and let's face it. Ground fights while technical and involved great skills and timing are not very fun to watch.

This is still a movie. It can't be exactly like the real thing which is why I say it is as realistic as it gets (for a movie). You don't see fancy high kicks, flying kicks, and spinning kicks. You are me know all these moves are suicide in a real fight. The only kicks my sensei allowed was mid height and low.

If possible, we are always encouraged to go to ground as soon as possible. Down waste time trying to get a punch or kick in. In fact, the moment you try to get a punch or a kick in is when you get tackle to the ground.

It has been proven by the Gracies that even if you an an expert striker, you can't avoid a ground fight.

I did MMA a few years. With my size and height (6'1, 200 pounds) I probably could have compete but that was many years ago and the scene was practically non-existent back then here.

if you are really an MMA fighter then you know all fights end up being ground fight and let's face it. Ground fights while technical and involved great skills and timing are not very fun to watch.
I agree, I don't want them to fight on the ground. My beef is mainly with the variety of skills that batman displayed, which was basically none. I don't want those ninja kicks either but I think of that fight was more realistic batman would have gotten beat up again but we would have seen him target the mask and use his brains to damage it, while getting his *** kicked because at least in this movie, bane was a better fighter

What I hated was that Batman came into the rematch and fought the same fight, minus the mask attack.

They should have showed Bale in the pit training or learning new moves to take a different arsenal of skills into the second fight. Instead he just showed up full of confidence that he was going to win.

Basically that to me said that Batman had Bane's number all along and that he only lost the first fight due to his over confidence and eight years retirement.

Still I enjoyed both fights for what they were and I especially liked the whole sequence where Batman was being taken to Bane's lair by Catwomen.
I think you've explained the issue well.

Real fights are two guys tackling each other and humping one another on the ground. It's ugly and desperate. They're not slick punch, block, evade ****.

Dude I laughed....HARD. :lol:lol:lol Damn dude, you killed it.

:exactly::goodpost:

This man gets it.

The Nolan bros, goyer have said that this trilogy, this story, this take on batman was THEIR take on batman. Gritty, realistic. It's refreshing. And all 3 have said that, while they're sad their journey (as well as Bruce Wayne's journey) has come to an end, they all are excited for a different take on the legendary character.

I'm positive that those who want the highflying, physics defying batman will get just that ten fold in the MoS sequel. No need to knock on Nolan's batman fellas.

I mean c'mon, it's like having our cake and eating it too.

I wasn't expecting The Matrix/Transporter style fighting. Not at all. But I was expecting something better than just elbow gauntlet fighting and growling. Even Batman Returns looked better.

Yes, different scenario but thats one of the things I loved about Keaton's Batman. No growling/shouting.

Something is messed up if a stunt guy or whatever can move better in a heavy rubber suit and cape than someone in the realistic view of lighter suit and cape. That and unable to turn their head. As well as the best they can do is fight with gauntlets and growl.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL6nuZUONQE[/ame]

Back