HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I enjoyed Returns, but not for the Fighting. I loved the surrealistic feel Gotham City had in the first two films.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I think I posted about it in the Marvel section when I mentioned I was a stuntman in the Cap2 movie, but I found a photo on my computer of me in TDKR in holding before we shot the scene, but here was my costume in TDKR (not the Stadium scene costume but the Wall St. battle at the end). I haven't posted up the screenshots from the Blu-Ray and the extras on my blog yet (dwkungfustar.blogspot.com), but will do soon when I find the time. I got to fight next to Bale and Hardy and got to meet them, just amazing to see them in costume! We got some fight choreography training with Buster Reeves (he was Bale's stunt double in the first 2 films and Hardy's for this one) and he was amazing, even demonstrated a little Keysi for us. :yess:

Pretty cool. Hardy seems like a cool guy. Bale seems cool at times, but seems like he could be a total *** if you catch him at the wrong time. How was Bale in person?

Dude I laughed....HARD. :lol:lol:lol Damn dude, you killed it.

:exactly::goodpost:

This man gets it.

The Nolan bros, goyer have said that this trilogy, this story, this take on batman was THEIR take on batman. Gritty, realistic. It's refreshing. And all 3 have said that, while they're sad their journey (as well as Bruce Wayne's journey) has come to an end, they all are excited for a different take on the legendary character.

I'm positive that those who want the highflying, physics defying batman will get just that ten fold in the MoS sequel. No need to knock on Nolan's batman fellas.

I mean c'mon, it's like having our cake and eating it too.

Don't get me wrong I loved the Nolan trilogy. It was the right take at the right time. Propelled by a classic second film. I've always felt bad for TDKR cause it came after Dark Knight. I think a number of people were a little harsh on it cause they wanted The Dark Knight.
I would have liked to see one more Nolan Batman movie, but cause film storytelling is generally a three act structure trilogies always work better to tell the overall theme.

However, I'm surprised this turned into a huge discussion, but probably a nice welcome change from talking about the DX12(the cape is a ***** to put in)

Don't get me wrong I loved the Nolan trilogy. It was the right take at the right time. Propelled by a classic second film. I've always felt bad for TDKR cause it came after Dark Knight. I think a number of people were a little harsh on it cause they wanted The Dark Knight.
I would have liked to see one more Nolan Batman movie, but cause film storytelling is generally a three act structure trilogies always work better to tell the overall theme.

However, I'm surprised this turned into a huge discussion, but probably a nice welcome change from talking about the DX12(the cape is a ***** to put in)

I feel ya man, I too would've loved at least one more film, just because I love what Nolan and company have done.

As for the cape, it's really not THAT much of a pain in the ***. I can understand why it is since it isn't as simple as plug and play, and fidgeting around with the clips can make some hulk out. Just a bit of patience is all ya need.

I feel ya man, I too would've loved at least one more film, just because I love what Nolan and company have done.

As for the cape, it's really not THAT much of a pain in the ***. I can understand why it is since it isn't as simple as plug and play, and fidgeting around with the clips can make some hulk out. Just a bit of patience is all ya need.

Yeah, it just seemed like one side sort of stayed in and the other wouldn't. That, and the cape seems to collect dust and dirt better than a Swifter Dust mop.

I guess I'm one of the few that didn't really see a problem with the fighting in the Nolan movies. Its not like I was expecting Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris type of fight. Nor was I expecting it to look like a fight right out of arkham city the game. :lol

Pretty cool. Hardy seems like a cool guy. Bale seems cool at times, but seems like he could be a total *** if you catch him at the wrong time. How was Bale in person?

Bale was actually quite nice. I had remembered the Terminator Salvation bit and was a bit worried but he and Tom were very cool with us stunt guys. When he was walking back to his first mark for the shot where he was approaching Bane at the steps, I called out "Make a hole, make a hole, Batman coming through" he replied kindly "Thanks, mate." After that, we knew he was pretty nice and that it was okay to chat a bit with him without him yelling at us, LOL. Tom Hardy was a joker (no pun intended, well maybe :wink1:) on set and was very fun to talk to and was engaging. I also got to chat a bit with him in Pittsburgh after we were filming the stadium scene, he remembered me from that day when we spoke again on Wall St. in New York.

Bale was actually quite nice. I had remembered the Terminator Salvation bit and was a bit worried but he and Tom were very cool with us stunt guys. When he was walking back to his first mark for the shot where he was approaching Bane at the steps, I called out "Make a hole, make a hole, Batman coming through" he replied kindly "Thanks, mate." After that, we knew he was pretty nice and that it was okay to chat a bit with him without him yelling at us, LOL. Tom Hardy was a joker (no pun intended, well maybe :wink1:) on set and was very fun to talk to and was engaging. I also got to chat a bit with him in Pittsburgh after we were filming the stadium scene, he remembered me from that day when we spoke again on Wall St. in New York.

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I've liked bale's acting since I saw him as a kid in "Empire of the Sun."

I could see Tom Hardy being a jokester. Being a Stage actor, we take every opportunity to play jokes to kill the boredom during downtime.

I guess I'm one of the few that didn't really see a problem with the fighting in the Nolan movies. Its not like I was expecting Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris type of fight. Nor was I expecting it to look like a fight right out of arkham city the game. :lol

I was really hoping for Batman to rip Bane's chest hair out...:lol

I was an extra here in Pittsburgh as a cop in the Carnegie City Hall scene and there wasn't really any chit chat with any of the higher ups like the filmmakers or actors.

You're lucky dw316. The only interaction I really got was with fellow extras (like a sparring partner that you had to "fight" with) and the stunt choreography coordinator. I couldn't make out if Bale or Nolan or Wally were nice guys. I do remember Hardy barely being around as Bane. Those scenes on the steps are mostly Reeves.

Pretty cool seeing fellow freaks on here were extras. DarkMagic was one too up in New York. So what did you do dw316, follow the production from location to location? You were in Pittsburgh and New York?

I was an extra here in Pittsburgh as a cop in the Carnegie City Hall scene and there wasn't really any chit chat with any of the higher ups like the filmmakers or actors.

You're lucky dw316. The only interaction I really got was with fellow extras (like a sparring partner that you had to "fight" with) and the stunt choreography coordinator. I couldn't make out if Bale or Nolan or Wally were nice guys. I do remember Hardy barely being around as Bane. Those scenes on the steps are mostly Reeves.

Pretty cool seeing fellow freaks on here were extras. DarkMagic was one too up in New York. So what did you do dw316, follow the production from location to location? You were in Pittsburgh and New York?

Very cool. No, I actually do stunt work for a living in addition to pre-production and production work, so I was credited under STUNTS and I think our team was paid more than extras. I did have a lot of fun chatting with the extras working around us, it was great to meet so many people on the film set. I feel bad that a lot of the extras did not get credited on the film, especially since everyone played such a vital role in a vital part of the film. I was actually there as well at the Uni for the "2nd half" of that final battle. The part we filmed in New York was the 1st half. They had us do both scenes since the team I worked with worked right around the primary actors. I was quite afraid of stepping on Bale's cape most of the time! LOL

The Marvel guys hired our stunt team for Captain America Winter Soldier so we took a bus over to Cleveland and then a flight to film in Los Angeles for some scenes outdoors and inside a studio. I am trying to find my teammate who took a picture of us with Chris Evans in his Captain America suit. He was quite nice and a very funny guy too, a pleasure to work with. I get "beat up" by him in the film :) It's namely why my Hot Toys collection only really consists of the Nolan Batman figures and Captain America, with some Iron Man thrown in just because I wanted to own a 1/6th robot of some sort. :p

How does one end up getting into something like that?

I was a revolutionary guard in Argo but I didn't make it into the film. My mom heard a casting call on Persian radio lol

How does one end up getting into something like that?

Casting calls.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqS2wUhJzzA[/ame]

I had a connection though with the casting agency (Nancy Mosser) so thankfully I didn't have to be in those lines. I remember it was hot as hell that day and then it rained. The lines circled around for blocks.

It was pretty easy to get into though if you were in the area, they needed a ton of extras. It was the same for New York I believe. I know I had an opportunity to go to the shoot at Heinz field but I couldn't make it because of work or something.

Very cool. No, I actually do stunt work for a living in addition to pre-production and production work, so I was credited under STUNTS and I think our team was paid more than extras. I did have a lot of fun chatting with the extras working around us, it was great to meet so many people on the film set. I feel bad that a lot of the extras did not get credited on the film, especially since everyone played such a vital role in a vital part of the film. I was actually there as well at the Uni for the "2nd half" of that final battle. The part we filmed in New York was the 1st half. They had us do both scenes since the team I worked with worked right around the primary actors. I was quite afraid of stepping on Bale's cape most of the time! LOL

That's great. It really is a fantastic experience being a part of a production in any capacity. No documentary or featurette is like actually being there on set with the cameras rolling. The crazy thing is how long something takes to shoot with the camera set up and lighting for a scene that literally takes seconds. It really puts things in perspective.

And yeah, I've tried looking for myself many times but I never made it on camera. I've checked the actual movie where I was in the vicinity, special features, pics, and nothing. I was up by the pillars during the brawl and maybe 50 feet from Bale and Reeves duking it out. There's also the chance that a call back took my place on one of the following days and they used that footage instead. No idea. There's also the Art of the Dark Knight Trilogy book where I'm pretty sure it's my arm and leg. I was one of the dozen or so cops that they didn't really dirty up (which I thought was odd since continuity wise, GCPD was stuck down in a hole for 5 months).

The experience was still worth it. I'll never forget going out there and seeing that stuff from that perspective. Sometimes I drive past the location and think of it in a cinematic sense. I remember feeling like an idiot fighting and swinging aimlessly. :lol

Casting calls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqS2wUhJzzA

I had a connection though with the casting agency (Nancy Mosser) so thankfully I didn't have to be in those lines. I remember it was hot as hell that day and then it rained. The lines circled around for blocks.

It was pretty easy to get into though if you were in the area, they needed a ton of extras. It was the same for New York I believe. I know I had an opportunity to go to the shoot at Heinz field but I couldn't make it because of work or something.

Nice. I guess thats one of the great things about living in America.

Ben affleck?!!

Back