HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Couldve used that bat tranquilizer on bane...

I know batman doesnt kill, but my friend in the theater said

"If batman had shot bane on the rooftop after saving catwoman, none of this nuclear bomb mess would have happened"

lol

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I had no problem with that scene... I thought all that stuff was supposed to be apparent.

The acting itself seemed fine and believable.

I really enjoyed Bane's speech. Initiated and you betrayed us. Sometimes I find that hard to believe it was Tom Hardy....

I get that. That's the other side of the argument. They definitely built that up with his talk with Alfred. I feel the blame, right or wrong lies with Nolan and writing team. I personally don't mind the choice, I just remember thinking in retrospect that batman probably could have won had he not tried to match bane punch for punch.

I agree though, that the ending fight was a letdown, though it was cool to see Bane go berserk.

Problem was, it felt like overacting. The growling and shouting felt like acting too hard. Yet Bane was perfect.

Last edited:

I really enjoyed Bane's speech. Initiated and you betrayed us. Sometimes I find that hard to believe it was Tom Hardy....

Problem was, it felt like overacting. The growling and shouting felt like acting too hard. Yet Bane was perfect.

I don't know. He's trying to do his batman voice. Bruce Wayne, not Bale and just had the crapped kicked out of him. the Shouting and grunting didn't seem really out of place, cause he had been doing it for two movies.

When I hear this line, it actually sounds more like Ra's speaking instead of Bane. As if he is possessed by Ra's.
"but we are initiated, aren't we Bruce? Members of the league of shadows and you betrayed us."
The words bolded was spoken in a tone that suited Ra's. I wasn't even sure if Tom said those words himself.

Last edited:

I think it's meant to portray the idea that Batman thought he could defeat Bane and went in wholly unprepared for what he then faced. I believe it's to show his recklessness and naivety at the situation.

I think this was the point as well, however the execution was poor. His strength should have been outmatched as it was, but why does he have to regress to amateur boxer? Still I would've swallowed it if the fight where he won was any different.

That's a valid criticism I think. Now, while I enjoy the scene, when I think about it seems like batman forgot how to fight. It's like an old school Nintendo game where all you can do is throw punches.

It's not that Batman forgot to fight, it's that Nolan forgot about Batman. No batarangs, no cape gliding, no batmobile, and no fighting skills. I guess you could call him googling Catwoman detective skills. But yeah, the fighting was about as amateurish as it gets, but I WILL SAY that Hardy did the best with what he was working with.
That scene of acting was so horrid from Bale, the shouting and growling to running out of desperation as well as nothing else he can fight with except gauntlets.

Even on the steps in the snow. Hardly anything changed from the fighting style of before and after.

I said this when the movie came out and everyone jumped down my throat. The fighting had no story involved at all. It was fake, wide, and looping punches until he hit the mask with the blade.
Not to mention that did that stupid thing where Bane lets Batman punch him. What is the point of that? It's not like we believe there's real punches being thrown.

It's not that Batman forgot to fight, it's that Nolan forgot about Batman. No batarangs, no cape gliding, no batmobile, and no fighting skills. I guess you could call him googling Catwoman detective skills. But yeah, the fighting was about as amateurish as it gets, but I WILL SAY that Hardy did the best with what he was working with.

Where was his martial arts? I never completed my training with RA's. :(

What was that little popping firecracker thing that was useless?

I said this when the movie came out and everyone jumped down my throat. The fighting had no story involved at all. It was fake, wide, and looping punches until he hit the mask with the blade.
Not to mention that did that stupid thing where Bane lets Batman punch him. What is the point of that? It's not like we believe there's real punches being thrown.

You rebel scum. ;)

Where was his martial arts? I never completed my training with RA's. :(

What was that little popping firecracker thing that was useless?

You rebel scum. ;)

Haha, but you're right. Was he trying to "intimidate" Bane at that point? Bane said it perfectly, they were already "initiated." Anyway, I find this whole movie much easier to swallow now that they've announced they're rebooting him and I just take it for what it is. I guess what I bothered me the most was that kids were going to think that Batman was always on an emotional roller coaster, crazy for women, and desiring a pleasant exit. Of course none of these things are true.

I always joked with my friends "Batman doesn't need a girlfriend, neither do I." It USED to get laughs, lol jk. I love Batman because he's such a one note character to other people. You saved me? Thanks but no thanks. I saved you? Keep it yourself. You want to be partners? I don't need you. You want me to stop? NEVER.

Marion Cotillard made it up for me. Mmmm

Exactly! It's why I said right or wrong, the blame lies with Nolan and co. I personally didn't have a problem with the way the scene played out. Though I know a lot of batman purists who complained to high heaven.

I did enjoy Hardy's monologues during this scene. Also, it was a brilliant stroke to have zero film score and just hear the sounds of the fight.

The thing I found refreshing about Rises was seeing Batman walk about areas unlike the previous two.

Well, in the comic, Batman didn't use any of his gadgets against Bane in Knightfall. They fought in bare hands, just threw punches and kicks..

or is it me that forgot about Batman vs Bane in the comic? :rotfl

Using gadgets or not, it depends on the purpose of the story..

I mean, in order to make the story more epic, a once-defeated-then-rise-again Batman story, well Batman must not use his gadgets against Bane (in the comics and in the movie).. Batman gonna own Bane easily if he is 'allowed' to use his gadgets.
Batman is like in a God-mode if he is 'allowed' to use his gadget.. From something silly like shark repellant until kryptonite ring,

So I'm OK, with Batman didn't use his gadget against Bane.

Last edited:

Like at the End? I'm trying to remember which other scenes.

Many scenes. The scene up to the Bat at night, with Selina on the roof, running to the Bat, the subway, down the stairs and such as the cape is flowing and near the end. Fighting Bane, hooking up the detonator to the Bat. You always at some point got a good angle of the profile of the suit and cape. Admiring the cape flowing in the air in a subtle manner.

In the previous, Batman was just there, fight and gone again.

Plus it's not often you see Batman's suit soaking wet for a long duration and fighting.

That scene of acting was so horrid from Bale, the shouting and growling to running out of desperation as well as nothing else he can fight with except gauntlets.

Even on the steps in the snow. Hardly anything changed from the fighting style of before and after.

I look at it like this. Even though his fighting style was the same both fights , it was more the mind set. In the first meeting Batman took Bane way too lightly and underestimated his skills. By the time he knew what he was up against. It was too late.
In the second meeting Batman was ready mentally. So thats how he beat him.
Look at it like Rocky 3. First fight rockys mind wasn't in the fight so Clubber Lang beat his ***. Then the second time Rockys mind was way more in it. And wins in the 3rd round. That's my take on it anyway.

He's been doing nothing but training, recuperating, and strengthening his body for months. Plus he learned about Bane's weakness (the mask) from the prison doctor. The juxtaposition of the shots during their encounters, first with Batman reeling back as Bane ascends the stairs to Batman standing strong and ready in the final battle was purposely done by Nolan to show the difference.

Also, batman was doing the whole hermit thing for years...i wouldnt say bane faced the same batman from TDK/BB by any means. "Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you!"

I remember the first time seeing this movie. And how pumped I got when Batman started to win the fight at the end. I haven't gotten that pumped during a movie in a long time.

I look at it like this. Even though his fighting style was the same both fights , it was more the mind set. In the first meeting Batman took Bane way too lightly and underestimated his skills. By the time he knew what he was up against. It was too late.
Look at it like Rocky 3. First fight rockys mind wasn't in the fight so Clubber Lang beat his ***. Then the second time Rockys mind was way more in it. And wins in the 3rd round. That's my take on it anyway.

Well, while I somewhat agree with what you're saying, it doesn't excuse the poor fighting style. I was never a fan of that weird head and elbow thing he did in the other movies but I guess there was a "method." This time okay he's ready but he still fights like sloppy playground kid. Also the fact that he's ready isn't really shown in the fight. We get the storytelling about his fear and whatnot in the prison sequence but in the fight itself, actually nothing is different about what he does. Also the choreography is bad too. It's literally just "punch" "block" "wait for punch." They barely even move from the blows, you can't just stop punches with your forearm. He also punched Bane's mask a lot in the first fight. Anyway who cares, Nolan obviously wasn't that interested in making the fighting authentic, I don't even know why I'm still taking about it

I too, was disappointed in the fighting. They both are suppose to be highly trained fighters (ninja style?) but instead we see the equivalent to that of a bar room brawl.

My other problem is Bane's overall demise. CW just appears and blasts him? I don't know but I felt a little cheated by that.

Oh well. I still liked the movie despite some things that could've been done better. :lecture

I always thought of it like Rocky 3! Batman had to get the eye of the tiger back to beat Bane ;)

Back