1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as Hot Toys gouging us I?m not sure if that?s really the case. I mean Endor Leia just went up and on her own is $230. Still expensive but less than a lot of newer figures. Wicket is $200 which in my opinion is a decent price seeing as it?s a unique character with rooted fur.

I really think this is a case of testing how bad we really want characters like these combined with a possible lower production run. At most this should be $220-$230 in my opinion.

I suppose you could look at it like Wicket as a $200 Jawa... with a bonus $67 accessory Gonk droid. Like Maul's speeder.

As long as you feel the Jawa is worth around $200ish. :lol

I suppose you could look at it like Wicket as a $200 Jawa... with a bonus $67 accessory Gonk droid. Like Maul's speeder.

As long as you feel the Jawa is worth around $200ish. :lol
Wicket I feel is worth more. Just because of the fur. That accounts for a bit more work on Hot Toys? part. Plus I kinda consider him more of an important character versus a Jawa that?s more of a side character. I don?t know a single Jawa at $200 is hard to swallow.

If the Sideshow Jawas weren’t around I might have been tempted to get this and sell the droid. I have zero interest in a Gonk Droid. A Jawa two pack at this price or a little less makes a whole lot more sense.

Yeah, I think I would bite at $250 for 2x HT Jawas... with the correct gun of course.

One Jawa and a robot is a nice variance but neither this particular Gonk nor R5 interests me.

In other news: Looks like Sideshow is pushing 3PO again in their mailer. Maybe they know the HT 3PO is soon to be on the horizon.

I have the ss jawas and a custom stand from coco. They look great. $267 is is a total rip-off. If it was 2 jawas and the gonk, then fine. Instant order.
One Jawa and a barebones droid (nice, but not vital), forget it. If they linger and I can use a coupon and free shipping, I?ll probably grab it.

This makes me a bit sad: I have just about everyone I want from the core characters of Star Wars... I have no intention of buying anything TROS... I didn't see anything new that I wanted at SDCC... and with prices like this I doubt I will be POing (and likely not buying) anything more from HT Star Wars.

There's a few pieces like 3PO or Lando or Bespin Han... and things HT won't make, like the DS Trooper... so I'm not sure what HT could make that would make me buy again. I have nothing this year from them yet. Nothing. For all of 2019 so far. That's a huge drop for me. Huge.

Here's a suggestion LIST for me:

anything Hoth
Greedo
Death Star Trooper
Luke Pilot (ANH or ESB)
Jabba
Bib Fortuna
Gamorrean Guard
General Grievous
Nute Gunray
3PO
Lando
Bespin Han

I think that's about it. I likely won't be double-dipping on 2.0 versions of the main characters unless the 1/6th tech changes drastically. Judging by Bespin Luke 2.0, nothing has changed.

Last edited:
See, fewer POs means fewer of these made. That's good. HT still has to make a minimum edition size regardless of POs so I imagine there will be plenty upon release... but not for very long.

Between SS and HT, plenty of ways to get a Jawa or two in the next few years.

Interesting that it says Q1 2020... that's insanely fast for HT.

I managed to pick up two Sideshow two-packs of Jawas for under $150 each. I think I got one of them for $125.

So I don't feel too bad about being gouged a bit on this. It does seem 30 to 40 bucks too high though. The HT Jawa looks really nice to me, will be great to have him in front of the Sideshow hucksters. I fear other SW desert dwellers could be doomed if this set does poorly.

I fear other SW desert dwellers could be doomed if this set does poorly.

Yeah... most of my new wants are "creatures"... and now its doubtful they'll get made.

If this "new wave" of characters from SDCC sells as poorly as the reception is for this one, I foresee HT just moving into the PT and occasional 2.0 versions of the main characters from the OT and trying to build a new, younger base. Good luck.

This makes me a bit sad: I have just about everyone I want from the core characters of Star Wars... I have no intention of buying anything TROS... I didn't see anything new that I wanted at SDCC... and with prices like this I doubt I will be POing (and likely not buying) anything more from HT Star Wars.

There's a few pieces like 3PO or Lando or Bespin Han... and things HT won't make, like the DS Trooper... so I'm not sure what HT could make that would make me buy again. I have nothing this year from them yet. Nothing. For all of 2019 so far. That's a huge drop for me. Huge.

anything Hoth
Greedo
Death Star Trooper
Luke Pilot (ANH or ESB)
Jabba
Bib Fortuna
Gamorrean Guard
General Grievous
Nute Gunray
3PO
Lando
Bespin Han

I think that's about it. I likely won't be double-dipping on 2.0 versions of the main characters unless the 1/6th tech changes drastically. Judging by Bespin Luke 2.0, nothing has changed.

What about coming soon Krennic, R2 deluxe, Endor Luke, Bespin Leia, Mudtrooper?

But it doesn't leave much on the OT SW horizon for me either. Right now it's just this Jawa set, Leia/Wicket, and a custom project.

What about coming soon Krennic, R2 deluxe, Endor Luke, Bespin Leia, Mudtrooper?

Well, I said new stuff so that doesn't count Krennic, mudtrooper or r2 (all of which I have PO'd)... but I have no interest in those particular Luke/Leia figures.

The only character repeats I want are Luke Pilot and Bespin Han and anything HOTH. Then I'm done with OT human leads until the hobby changes dramatically.

As much as I don?t like the price and will complain about it I feel like I?ll break down and order it at some point. It?s Original Trilogy and while expensive I still kinda want it. I might throw rewards points at it to get it down a bit. I?m such a sucker for Original Trilogy Star Wars stuff that it?s hard to pass, especially risking other things like this not being made. I?ll take one for the team. :lol

anything Hoth
Greedo
Death Star Trooper
Luke Pilot (ANH or ESB)
Jabba
Bib Fortuna
Gamorrean Guard
General Grievous
Nute Gunray
3PO
Lando
Bespin Han

Anything Hoth would be awesome but I shiver to think how much a HT Gamorrean would be. Probably $270, especially after this jawa/Gonk pricepoint. Even Luke pilot has that "centerpiece character" vibe, along with a slightly more complex outfit and helmet, that suggests an eventual HT version would be $250+ - the same price that 3 or so years ago was so shocking for the Luke Snowspeeder.

Most on that list have already been done by SSC - so it's more just "would love to see what HT would do" which is always fun to dream of but after multiple kinda-meh Luke and Han sculpts from HT, and the fact that most more recent SSC outfits/weapons are pretty close to HT quality, I'm not hugely excited about those Ht versions. The HT pilot Luke would have a better painted headsculpt, but would it be another kinda-meh head, and the outfit would be only marginally better than SSC (look at how the SSC TIE jumpsuit is better quality and more accurate than the HT Imperial Gunner jumpsuit.)

We've never seen an Ackbar in high-end 1/6, so figs like that would be exciting to see HT attempt, but the rest have been done to 60-80% of what HT would deliver so aren't as exciting to me, especially at this crazy new price level.

I managed to pick up two Sideshow two-packs of Jawas for under $150 each. I think I got one of them for $125.

So I don't feel too bad about being gouged a bit on this. It does seem 30 to 40 bucks too high though. The HT Jawa looks really nice to me, will be great to have him in front of the Sideshow hucksters. I fear other SW desert dwellers could be doomed if this set does poorly.

Yeah, I got two Jawa two-packs for $220 total and the bodies are slightly frustrating (I seem to have gotten better ones though) but overall the figs are really well done - certainly on-par with the Ht version as seen so far. They have more of the chocolate brown robe vs the reddish orange lighter color on the HT but the ref pics are sort evenly split between which is more accurate. I do think the HT robes look a bit too light in color but until they're in-hand who knows.

I'm hoping to just get the gonk separately - I seem to be alone in wanting the gonk more than the Jawa - but if I have to I'll get the set. The price is insane but I need that power droid.

anything Hoth
Greedo
Death Star Trooper
Luke Pilot (ANH or ESB)
Jabba
Bib Fortuna
Gamorrean Guard
General Grievous
Nute Gunray
3PO
Lando
Bespin Han

It's crazy we haven't gotten a single pilot figure from HT at all. A pilot Luke probably my most desired figure right now, it'd be great if they revisited the ANH Luke sculpt.. I know they teased that Poe figure but that's it.

That's definitely the price I'd pick up the SS set for. I stopped looking a while ago and probably missed out on some opportunities, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Anything Hoth would be awesome but I shiver to think how much a HT Gamorrean would be. Probably $270, especially after this jawa/Gonk pricepoint. Even Luke pilot has that "centerpiece character" vibe, along with a slightly more complex outfit and helmet, that suggests an eventual HT version would be $250+ - the same price that 3 or so years ago was so shocking for the Luke Snowspeeder.

Most on that list have already been done by SSC - so it's more just "would love to see what HT would do" which is always fun to dream of but after multiple kinda-meh Luke and Han sculpts from HT, and the fact that most more recent SSC outfits/weapons are pretty close to HT quality, I'm not hugely excited about those Ht versions. The HT pilot Luke would have a better painted headsculpt, but would it be another kinda-meh head, and the outfit would be only marginally better than SSC (look at how the SSC TIE jumpsuit is better quality and more accurate than the HT Imperial Gunner jumpsuit.)

We've never seen an Ackbar in high-end 1/6, so figs like that would be exciting to see HT attempt, but the rest have been done to 60-80% of what HT would deliver so aren't as exciting to me, especially at this crazy new price level.

Yeah, I got two Jawa two-packs for $220 total and the bodies are slightly frustrating (I seem to have gotten better ones though) but overall the figs are really well done - certainly on-par with the Ht version as seen so far. They have more of the chocolate brown robe vs the reddish orange lighter color on the HT but the ref pics are sort evenly split between which is more accurate. I do think the HT robes look a bit too light in color but until they're in-hand who knows.

I'm hoping to just get the gonk separately - I seem to be alone in wanting the gonk more than the Jawa - but if I have to I'll get the set. The price is insane but I need that power droid.

I've probably said this like 20 times but I wish SS would use their license (if they've got it) and reissue their old aliens for like $125-150 or something.

I could at least convince myself of paying something around $240 at max, but if it were a pair of Jawas, not that stupid cheap @ss plastic little Gonk droid :)

Back