Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think accents matter in Star Wars they just have the actors speak in whatever accent they already have, this is why Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, Anthony Daniels, Liam neeson etc just sound like the actors.

I don't think accents matter in Star Wars they just have the actors speak in whatever accent they already have, this is why Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, Anthony Daniels, Liam neeson etc just sound like the actors.

I think there's a moment in the Making-Of TPM doc where George tells Pernilla August exactly that.

I was thinking this myself.

Perhaps they do indeed matter, but at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if that would be looking a bit too much into it.

i need more! more star wars!

13637.jpg

I got my Rey and BB-8 today on Force Friday no less!
I have an issue with a somewhat loose left hip on Rey, has anyone experienced the same?
The antenna for BB-8 didn't want to go in very easy, it eventually did but looks too tilted over, it's supposed to be tilted but mine seems like it's too far over. The teeth on Rey have sculpted detail but the gaps between the teeth are barely visible on mine so they end up looking like an all white mouth guard.

Other than those issue, Rey and BB-8 look fantastic. I read in Michael Crawford's review that the red light on BB-8 is barely noticeable, but on mine it's clearly there. I wish more of BB-8's head and body lights up but the mechanism that keeps the head on works incredibly well. Love everything else about Rey, but it's difficult to choose just one look. I've thought about buying up some extras to display her in the scavenger look, but it's just too expensive.

Last edited:
My blue light goes off if I leave the lights on for too long, but then I turn it off and on a few minutes later and it's working again. Anyone else experience that?

I got my Rey and BB-8 today on Force Friday no less!
I have an issue with a somewhat loose left hip, has anyone experienced the same?
The antenna for BB-8 didn't want to go in very easy, it eventually did but looks too tilted over, it's supposed to be tilted but mine seems like it's too far over. The teeth on Rey have sculpted detail but the gaps between the teeth are barely visible on mine so they end up looking like an all white mouth guard.

Other than those issue, Rey and BB-8 look fantastic. I read in Michael Crawford's review that the red light on BB-8 is barely noticeable, but on mine it's clearly there. I wish more of BB-8's head and body lights up but the mechanism that keeps the head on works incredibly well. Love everything else about Rey, but it's difficult to choose just one look. I've thought about buying up some extras to display her scavenger, but it's just too expensive.

I assume you mean Rey's loose hip unless BB-8 has a hidden hip :wink1:

I guess you mean if you lift her leg it falls easily. If that's the case it's a simple fix ( the hip ball joint is loose on the leg socket, gently push the leg socket back into the hip joint gently now until you hear a pop or snap that means that the hip is now connected back tightly an you'll notice it moves but it is tight and stiff :lecture

I assume you mean Rey's loose hip unless BB-8 has a hidden hip :wink1:

I guess you mean if you lift her leg it falls easily. If that's the case it's a simple fix ( the hip ball joint is loose on the leg socket, gently push the leg socket back into the hip joint gently now until you hear a pop or snap that means that the hip is now connected back tightly an you'll notice it moves but it is tight and stiff :lecture

:lol I had to rush out before I could reread what I wrote, went to TRU and bought K-2SO, Walmart had absolutely nothing SW Rogue One.

THANKS FOR THE HIP ASSIST!!!! Pushed the hip back on and everything's groovy! :duff

Last edited:
:lol I had to rush out before I could reread what I wrote, went to TRU and bought K-2SO, Walmart had absolutely nothing SW Rogue One.

THANKS FOR THE HIP ASSIST!!!! Pushed the hip back on and everything's groovy! :duff

Glad it was that issue, believe me when I first put Rey in an extreme pose the same thing happened and then I :panic: but then I started to feel around he hip joint and realized it was the socket was loose so I took a risk and pushed it back waiting to hear the pop, and then relief as everything was stiff again :wave

Ok I know everyone will think I'm insane, but I decided to do a slight repaint of the eyes on mine. The huge black irises were really starting to bug me so I shrank them down a bit and also slightly brightened up the whites of the eyes. I also made the eyes a bit lighter in color as well (but didn't want to go too far as Daisy's eyes still read as fairly dark from a distance).

Oh and I also wanted a relaxed left hand to pose with, so took a spare I had and repainted it to match her skin tone. So bizarre that one wasn't included in the set.

View attachment 294626

View attachment 294627

View attachment 294628
It looks like she has eyebags..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is this normal for the bb8 under the small light that black year like mascara drip (for lack of better words) cause the same was not in Proto pics.

bb24ba310dabc90d6abaac08358ed33a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this normal for the bb8 under the small light that black year like mascara drip (for lack of better words) cause the same was not in Proto pics.

bb24ba310dabc90d6abaac08358ed33a.jpg

:horror wow , oh well think of it as BB-8 crying over missing Poe :rotfl

My blue light goes off if I leave the lights on for too long, but then I turn it off and on a few minutes later and it's working again. Anyone else experience that?

I left mine on for an hour and the blue dimmed a bit but did not shut off. The red seems as bright as when I first turned it on though.

My BB-8 has the same smudge, but it looks like natural weathering to my eyes. When you blow up a macro image like that, it can look worse than it does in person.

hey, received mine today and think Rey might have a paint rub spot but not 100% sure, it's like a reflective spot on side of her face. anyone else have something similar? reypaintrub1.jpg

Back