Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this thing is popular. My usual HK seller has stopped taking pre-orders before its pre-order deadline date. Not seen that happen before.

I think what made the OT Tie Pilot's helmet look so large is the lack of any armor on the body. If they had even upper body armor like regular Stormies, the helmets would look perfectly normal.

The OT TIE Pilot & AT-AT Driver helmets are larger than regular Stormtrooper ones because the dome is made out of a helicopter APH6 helmet with a Stormtroper face plate.

The "oversized" look of the OT Tie Pilot is movie accurate. If you watch the scene in EPIV when Vader goes to them you can see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the First Order Tie Pilot...I absolutely love it! I think they have done a great job updating the look of all the troopers armor.

It does seem odd the haven't really posted anything from NYCC

The OT TIE Pilot & AT-AT Driver helmets are larger than regular Stormtrooper ones because the dome is made out of a helicopter APH6 helmet with a Stormtroper face plate.

For sure, I get that. My point is that it's made from a standard Stormie helmet (with the added dome) so the base TIE helmet is the same as a regular TK.

The lack of any armor does make it look larger. If you put a Stormie helmet on a TIE pilot, it would look larger than it does on an armored trooper.

Yeah. For all other comic cons there were all sorts of videos on YouTube etc. Unless they had a camera ban ??

That would be strange. I could understand them having a camera ban for the public, but for the manufacturer?

All I could find was some guy with a hidden camera walking around during setup of the booths etc. I don't get it. Was it only this weekend or next weekend ?

For sure, I get that. My point is that it's made from a standard Stormie helmet (with the added dome) so the base TIE helmet is the same as a regular TK.

The lack of any armor does make it look larger. If you put a Stormie helmet on a TIE pilot, it would look larger than it does on an armored trooper.

The OT TIE Pilot looks not much different than a modern jet pilot with helmet (and maybe the air mask on).

So I take it no one attended NY comic con. Must have been a boring event.

I was there. It was ok, but it's much smaller then SDCC. I've been to SDCC many times. This was the first year that SSC was in NY, and the booth was super small compared to SDCC. I was very happy they showed up, but it was really disappointing at the same time. They had literally five 1/6 figures on display. Deadpool, Obi Wan and three New Order troopers. That's it. Nothing that everyone hasn't seen already so I didn't even bother taking pics. And even Obi Wan disappeared by day 3? He wasn't in a case, just on the counter so maybe someone grabbed em...?

Was kinda hoping they would have unveiled the AT-AT Driver. But if the convention was that small...well then it makes sense that they didn't.

Watch the TIE Pilot will come with a gray jumpsuit instead of black. Oh Sideshow. :slap

Back