Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT- T2: T-1000 as Sarah Connor Sideshow SDCC PPO A- 7/1, NA- 7/2

I don't understand the fuss over Michael Jackson being a DX. The series was only 2 figures in by that point. HT chooses what they make in what series....and why not Michael Jackson? I personally have no interest but I just don't understand why people complained about that so much like as though HT had lied and said that DX would only be for film characters.

I don't understand the fuss over Michael Jackson being a DX. The series was only 2 figures in by that point. HT chooses what they make in what series....and why not Michael Jackson? I personally have no interest but I just don't understand why people complained about that so much like as though HT had lied and said that DX would only be for film characters.

Action figures of singers, musicians etc. just doesn't feel right, MMS DX or not. Statues and busts, yeah, but action figures? Who's next? Elvis? The Beatles? The Rolling Stones? How about an MMS DX 04 Lady Gaga?

It didn't bother me and I wasn't one of the whiners, but it does seem ridiculous.

Last edited:

Well if thats how you feel, fair enough. I wanted DX03 to be related to Terminator, Robocop or Superman, was mildly disappointed in the choice but I have no particular objection to it being a non-movie figure.

Well if thats how you feel, fair enough. I wanted DX03 to be related to Terminator, Robocop or Superman, was mildly disappointed in the choice but I have no particular objection to it being a non-movie figure.

DX04 my friend :wink1:

If we get a T1000 DX04 I would like to see the following:

Normal Cop Outfit:
-Head-sculpt with PERS
-True-Type with magnets pre-placed inside chest cavity
-Police Uniform
-Magnetized Bullet holes
-Duty Belt
-M-9
-Extra M-9 Magazines
-Plastic/Fabric Hybrid uniform shirt with Pre-attached hook-arms that can be attached at the elbow like the T800(it could get rid of the cheap look sideshows had which was to tuck it under the shirt sleeves).
-Photo of John Connor
-Relaxed pair of hands
-Needle index finger right hand
-Pistol Grip hand
-Photo Holding hand

Biker Cop

-Head-sculpt with helmet sculpted on
-Biker jacket
-Police uniform trousers
-Knee-high Motorcycle riding boots
-Mp5k Machine gun

-Sideshow Exclusive Split Head-

This is what my preferred DX-04 T1000 would be if DX04 is in fact the T1000

Thanks, Chig. Devil_666 hooked me up. The news team needed a couple of adversaries (and I'm a huge fan of the movie). :lol

Well you went with the second best as I always stand behind Vince Vaughn...that guy is dang funny. Steve Carrell, although kind of limited in that movie, stole the show for me personally.

So is this the first time HT has released a figure with an item that CAN'T be used with the figure it's packaged with but with a figure they plan on releasing later on? I can't think of HT ever doing that before. I guess you could also make a temporary custom T-1000 with the head sculpt and a generic cop uniform too until HT releases the official figure.

That's exactly what I'm saying/asking. Has there been another time besides what Buttmunch added that they've done this? Seems really odd to me and almost to the point that it's blatant they did it to sell this Sarah figure since it's coming out so close to the 1st Sarah figure. Duh, I suppose, but still, a little too odd for me...still going to try and get my PO in though as I like this figure better than the 1st version and can't wait to get my Terminator collectibles rolling.

I suppose that is still possible, but I doubt it. The fact we are getting a Sarah-1000 should all but confirm a real T-1000. And the donut head on top of that. Its not even the same neck type as Sarah, so you couldn't even do a cross dressing T-1000 if you wanted. That has to mean the T-1000 is coming, likely as DX04.

And for the record, I wanted this figure BEFORE the T-1000 head was confirmed to come with it.

nah.

I doubt that T1000 is DX worthy.

I agree with Buttmunch and I would have to say overall I think BOTH the T800 and the T1000 are DX worthy. If PERS is the only thing you can define DX by so far then again, BOTH of these figures would fall into that category as satisfactory next in lines. I'm not sure you can say that anymore for the T800 as that would probably irritate most collectors who made the first purchase.

Personally I'm on the fence to buy the T800 right now as I feel if they make both a BD and regular version I'm going for the BD version. However, if they would have put it in the DX line with all the goodies and a switch out head I would have instantly PO'd it. Before anyone starts, I understand the business and money making side of it. I'm just saying from a collectors point of view I would have been more satisfied with a DX that includes both and IMO it fit perfectly in the realm of the DX figures.

For the T1000, the head that's included with the Sarah SDCC EX is puzzling because I feel it kind of rubs the collector the wrong way. I guess we won't know until the official pics of the T1000 come out but it's kind of a lose-lose IMO.

If you buy the SC SDCC EX to get the head and they don't release the future T1000 with that headsculpt then great, you got one and can swap it out if you want. However, if they don't release the future figure with it then I would be a little bit upset (as I'm guessing most consumers would be) that it wasn't included and be forced to hunt it down on Ebay.

If they DO release it with that headsculpt, and personally I would prefer to see it with the figure, then the people that pony'd up for this SC are going to be kind of upset if they didn't really want her overall. Not only that but your left with a head that doesn't really serve any purpose at that point.

It would come off gimmicky in a sense and personally it's something that irritates me when companies do this. Obviously not to the point that I'm not going to purchase from them in the future (HOT TOYS RULES!) but it's frustrating and not what I expected from HT.

I guess I'm set (as long as the PO goes through) as this is the Sarah Connor I want overall. Just kind of viewing it from the other side of the fence I guess....

Reeve Superman DX, FTW! :rock

I'm not a Superman fan but I would LOVE to see this happen! :rock

Possibly a 2nd portrait with light up red eyes?

:offtopic:

DX03 should have been the Christopher Reeve Superman. DX 04 should be a 2 in 1 Tech Noir/Police HQ shootout T-1 Arnold Terminator. 1 body, two head sculpts (for each version) with two sets of clothing, guns, etc.

But HT doesn't listen to me anymore. They blocked all emails from me after the last one I sent them.

2010/5/26 Devil_666>

I had a quick question: How come the Christopher Reeve Superman figure wasn't the third DX release (as opposed to MJ)? And how about a 2 in 1 Tech Noir/Police HQ shootout T-1 Arnold Terminator. 1 body, two head sculpts (for each version) with two sets of clothing, guns, etc. Sound possible? Thanks!

Here was the response from HT:

Devir_666,

You send too many email and ask too many question. When cripple superman coming out!? Why cripple superman not DX03 instead of King of all musical pop micro jackson!? Maybe if cripple superman could walk on moon backward like micro jackson he could be DX03. But he no walk on moon backward. So he no DX03.

We just put out terminator figure. Now you want new one!!!??? Yulli just sculpt perfect arnie head and customer still very angry making facebook page into giant complaint monster of crying and wine. We even throw in extra brack shirt to shut up all wine.

STOP IT!!!

Maybe for DX04 we just release another TDK Joker. Stupid head.

We no like you anymore Devir!
SA/ Hot Toys

So.. yeah.

Man, you got that stereotype down to a TEE.

Man, you got that stereotype down to a TEE.

Yeah.. it's just a stereotype. Oh wait..

batmanlol.jpg

$10 says their English is better than your Cantonese. :lol

:lol Guaranteed. It's just jokes. And I would never make fun of anyone struggling to speak English in person or even on here (unless they're just a dumbass American). My dad was Samoan and my wife is Russian. English isn't their first language so obviously grammar is sometimes an issue. But I respect people who can speak a second language/multiple languages because I can't. So relax everyone. :pfft:

:lol Guaranteed. It's just jokes. And I would never make fun of anyone struggling to speak English in person or even on here (unless they're just a dumbass American). My dad was Samoan and my wife is Russian. English isn't their first language so obviously grammar is sometimes an issue. But I respect people who can speak a second language/multiple languages because I can't. So relax everyone. :pfft:

wordo..........:lecture

pretty sure that's Spanish...............:yess: .............look at my bi-lingual speekin' skeels...........:woo

So relax everyone. :pfft:

HEY! You didn't upset anyone.

It was funny as hell. If they didn't use automated messages, I'm sure it would be true.

Back