Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT- T2: T-1000 as Sarah Connor Sideshow SDCC PPO A- 7/1, NA- 7/2

Yeah those Predators are dangerous ! I remember I didn't give a damn about them until I got Pred 1 and then within a few weeks I actually bid $255 on a mint Pred 2 ( didn't win it ) but I just can't believe I placed the bid ! Its like someone else was doing it:lol

Well, I know what I'm going to do. I've finally decided I'm going to try and preorder this sucker as soon as it goes up despite having little to no interest in this Sarah Connor.

Once I receive it, I'm taking out the T-1000 head, keeping it for my future HT T-1000 figure and selling everything else. The Sarah Connor head, body, hands, base, weapons, everything.

As far as T-1000 goes I plan on owning every variation Hot Toys has to offer since I'm passing on both Sarah figures and the T-800. I'm going to put all my money into him and, if it looks good, the next T-800 release.

Well I'm trying to stay out of this line because of what people are talking about with future releases for it. However, I'm a 90% completist (I don't have to have everything but I like building a set of something, if that makes sense to anyone) and I can't really have a Terminator display without Sarah in it. Which will lead to a John Connor, and probably the T600 (sigh) and then I'm trying to be smart for my money and holdout until the BD T800 hits. However that T800 right now is SWEET! Congrats to those who purchased it. :clap

That said, I personally like this version better overall than the original, but it's close. I'd have to get her some other weapon than just the shotty but that's not a big issue of course. I'll be adding myself to the rest of you with trying to get her on the preorder day.

I'm just kind of shocked about the T100 head though. Excuse my newbieness as I've only been collecting since Dec of last year but why include that head here? Doesn't seem like Hot Toys has done it in the past have they? Are they just trying to up the "want factor" of this Sarah?

I of course also understand that Hot Toys is a company out to make a profit...get that. Just still seems like an odd move and again maybe I'm just new and maybe it will all make sense once we see what Hot Toys has in store for the T1000 itself.

Last Q....so in the past with what Sideshow or Hot Toys has shown at SDCC...when do those figures actually come out? For my sake, I'm hoping not until next year or I might have to make some hard choices. :gah: :)

Well I'm trying to stay out of this line because of what people are talking about with future releases for it. However, I'm a 90% completist (I don't have to have everything but I like building a set of something, if that makes sense to anyone) and I can't really have a Terminator display without Sarah in it. Which will lead to a John Connor, and probably the T600 (sigh) and then I'm trying to be smart for my money and holdout until the BD T800 hits. However that T800 right now is SWEET! Congrats to those who purchased it. :clap

That said, I personally like this version better overall than the original, but it's close. I'd have to get her some other weapon than just the shotty but that's not a big issue of course. I'll be adding myself to the rest of you with trying to get her on the preorder day.

I'm just kind of shocked about the T100 head though. Excuse my newbieness as I've only been collecting since Dec of last year but why include that head here? Doesn't seem like Hot Toys has done it in the past have they? Are they just trying to up the "want factor" of this Sarah?

I of course also understand that Hot Toys is a company out to make a profit...get that. Just still seems like an odd move and again maybe I'm just new and maybe it will all make sense once we see what Hot Toys has in store for the T1000 itself.

Last Q....so in the past with what Sideshow or Hot Toys has shown at SDCC...when do those figures actually come out? For my sake, I'm hoping not until next year or I might have to make some hard choices. :gah: :)

Well the both Sarahs should hit domestically in July. The T-1000 version during the week of SDCC of course 7/22-25.

If we hear about any other releases from now till August or September I think it would be safe to assume that they might be in hand before the end of the year.

Well the both Sarahs should hit domestically in July. The T-1000 version during the week of SDCC of course 7/22-25.

If we hear about any other releases from now till August or September I think it would be safe to assume that they might be in hand before the end of the year.

Thanks for the info Flosi.

BTW, like the new signature and pic,...throws me off though everytime I see it.

Yeah hopefully they'll price a few people out of it. I hate to say that but I really want this figure - as a keeper, not for future scalping.
In that case mate, I really hope you get one. Good to see your planning on getting full enjoyment out of the whole thing, not just the T-100 head. There's nothing wrong with just buying it for the T-100 head, everybody on here who wants one deserves it (maybe not maulfan) but you've gotta favour the people who are excited for the full figure.

I want an anchorman theme for myself. It's my fave comedy film. Not too many bloody characters left though.

It's starting to run dry... Ed Harken, Garth, Luke Wilson, Public TV anchor (Tim Robbins) are about all that's left...

In that case mate, I really hope you get one. Good to see your planning on getting full enjoyment out of the whole thing, not just the T-100 head. There's nothing wrong with just buying it for the T-100 head, everybody on here who wants one deserves it (maybe not maulfan) but you've gotta favour the people who are excited for the full figure.

Thanks Platty. Sadly there won't be a way of favouring people who want the whole package and not just part of it. Still if I don't get one I'll (try to:wink1:) keep my complaints for Hot Toys for going and making this a limited release figure. Hair-down Sarah Connor and donut headsculpt for T-1000 should not have been exclusives. With the old SS figures it was a rosebox accessory, a cap, some hook arms - relatively non-essential to most fans but they still sold out. 'Attack on Dyson' Sarah Connor, the standard release figure, shoulda been the exclusive so that only completists need have applied. I still woulda tried to order it but I wouldn't be absolutely crushed if I didn't get in on time. Hair-down Sarah is how she appeared for the majority of her screentime in that outfit and yet Hot Toys have decided that most people will not be able to get her. Just stupid.

If all else fails though I might go and break my ebay hymen, it'll just pi$$ me off too much not having this figure, I'm a spoilt bugger like that. :monkey3:lol

You could always buy the 1/6 bust and hack the head off for your T-1000. Might be less expensive then getting this figure for the head only.

Are you referring to the Sideshow bust? That comes with the split head, not the donut head.

aargh, not feeling it, why waste time on this figure instead of releasing a Robert Patrick t-1000 ?, easy pass for me.

And T2 fans get to enjoy a line pretty well handled by Hot Toys for once. The T-1000 will come, as will more T-800, all the better to have unexpected figures peppered inbetween.

Agreed. With HT's track record with completing lines, I'll take what I can get. And oddly I think this is the first time the Sarah-1000 has ever been made into a figure. So that is even more surprising coming from Hot Toys. But totally welcome.

Well, Sideshow's the only other fully articulated figure with clothes besides HT's figures, so I think that favors doing this. If McFarlane or NECA did it, you'd have a figure stuck as Sarah stuck to the grate with the boots blending, but, that probably wouldn't appeal to many folks, but with this figure, especially having clean boots too, you can mix it upa nd change it and not be stuck with it as any one thing.

Check the first page of the thread, the order information's posted, if you're going to Comic Con, you're an attendee, if you're not, you're a non-attendee.

In other words, people don't attendee to COMIC CON don't have the chance for this figure??:(

Back