Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT- T2: T-1000 as Sarah Connor Sideshow SDCC PPO A- 7/1, NA- 7/2

Think I might have a little too much insight, lol. But what can you do? It's the 21st century and the control the media has over us seems to have reached Matrix status...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

dude...you desperately need glasses. unless it's because of the giant gaping hole in his head, as evilface pointed out, there's no way you cant see robert patrick in that sculpt. it is by far one of the best, most accurate and realistic 1/6 headsculpts i've ever seen. i'd personally be shocked to see be outdone.

Well maybe you are right. It maybe just not as outstanding as the T-800 to me. But we only saw one photo of the head. I want to see HT's real T1000 figure and maybe I will change my mind. At first I was not happy with the T-800's prototype headsculpt(Never said it is bad, but I thought it could be better.) but after saw it in person...it is really a fantastic figure. We will see.

Don't worry, I'm sure, as they're doing in the Jill Valentine thread, they'll nitpick it to the point where HT will ____ it up completely, trying to appease them. :cuckoo:

So because I have a different opinion than you I am a nitpicker...well okay. Suit yourself.

COMICAD%20bionic%20woman%20action%20figure.jpg

Id LOVE to see Hot Toys do adverts in this style for their figures!!

truly a golden age of toy advertising 1974-77

Hope these HT exclusives will be available from Asian dealers too. It's just too expensive to order from SSC for EU customers. Got any info on that Wookster?

Hope these HT exclusives will be available from Asian dealers too. It's just too expensive to order from SSC for EU customers. Got any info on that Wookster?

You'll be able to obtain them through Asian scalpers but not Asian dealers :lol

Big friggin' gaping hole aside, how does it not look like Robert Patrick?

I agree with this sentiment, but I hate that you used the Jill Valentine thread as your example of obsessive nitpicking. That figure doesn't look anything like the character nor the actress/model she's based on. Why is a bad thing to critique thusly? Would you not do the same for a figure of a character you liked?

And keeping this on-topic, while I agree that the holed-out T1000 head does indeed look like Robert Patrick, it still needs some work. I guess I'm nitpicking.

I agree with this sentiment, but I hate that you used the Jill Valentine thread as your example of obsessive nitpicking. That figure doesn't look anything like the character nor the actress/model she's based on. Why is a bad thing to critique thusly? Would you not do the same for a figure of a character you liked?

And keeping this on-topic, while I agree that the holed-out T1000 head does indeed look like Robert Patrick, it still needs some work. I guess I'm nitpicking.

I don't think an action figure needs to perfectly match a digital counterpart so much as resemble the character, and she does that fine. There's no mistaking who she is. But the douchy talk about extending the nostrils, filling out the lips, etc, to make the figure more "accurate" is getting ridiculous; it's abusive critiquing. It almost seems like you guys are completely ungrateful for the fact that HT even decided to make a Jill.

I don't think an action figure needs to perfectly match a digital counterpart so much as resemble the character, and she does that fine. There's no mistaking who she is. But the douchy talk about extending the nostrils, filling out the lips, etc, to make the figure more "accurate" is getting ridiculous; it's abusive critiquing. It almost seems like you guys are completely ungrateful for the fact that HT even decided to make a Jill.

This isn't the days of the Nintendo 64. The Jill Valentine 3D model from the new Resident Evil game is an extremely acurrate render of a real actress/model, and HT's figure doesn't look anything like. I don't think the character being a digital creation has any relevance here.

If they weren't going to get it right, they may as well not even tried to give us a Jill figure at all. HT's video game lines don't get anywhere as much breadth or attention as their MMS line, so what few releases there are should be great, not just a pity pat.

But I digress. The hole in the T1000 head can be flared out a little. :p

This isn't the days of the Nintendo 64. The Jill Valentine 3D model from the new Resident Evil game is an extremely acurrate render of a real actress/model, and HT's figure doesn't look anything like. I don't think the character being a digital creation has any relevance here.

Granted, but it's not her first appearance either, beit game or film. So the likeness isn't as necessary.

DX03 should have been the Christopher Reeve Superman. DX 04 should be a 2 in 1 Tech Noir/Police HQ shootout T-1 Arnold Terminator. 1 body, two head sculpts (for each version) with two sets of clothing, guns, etc.

But HT doesn't listen to me anymore. They blocked all emails from me after the last one I sent them.

Here was the response from HT:

So.. yeah.

Wow whoever was writing it was a _____***G MORON :exactly: :FREAK:BTW hes/her English is very bad :slap :thud:

The hair on this figure looks amazing!

badass figure

Back