Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT- T2: T-1000 as Sarah Connor Sideshow SDCC PPO A- 7/1, NA- 7/2

COMICAD%20bionic%20woman%20action%20figure.jpg

Looks like the Orgasmatron is working!

I prefer the regular Sarah. Something about the face on this looks off and I don't like "real" hair on figures.

The T-1000 head is pretty good though. Hope HT makes a regular version of him in the near future along with the original Kyle Reese.

Straight from the Hot Toys newletter ............

The three Toy Fairs Exclusive collectibles - the T2: T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise, Predator 2: Guardian Predator and Iron Man 2: Mark VI Collectible Bust will be mainly available in the following toy fairs this year which are open to public:

-Tokyo Toy Show (July 15-18)

-San Diego Comic-Con (July 21-25)

-Hong Kong Ani-com (July 30-Aug 3)

More toy fairs info will be announced in June / July. Stay tuned with us! See you in toy fairs!

It clearly states that these exclusives will "mainly" be available at the 3 shows. I'm sure Toys2 will get some. Say maybe 30-40 of them.

I think it means there might be a few more shows they are offered at, or possibly meaning non-attendee versions (through Sideshow etc). So it is possible Toys2 may get a few, but I wouldn't count on it.

And with SIdeshow's cancellation policies, better to just secure one with them if you can and then if some place you'd rather goe to gets some, then order there and cancel with Sideshow.

I think it means there might be a few more shows they are offered at, or possibly meaning non-attendee versions (through Sideshow etc). So it is possible Toys2 may get a few, but I wouldn't count on it.

This is true but I just figured Eric will be included being that he's married into the HT's family.

And with SIdeshow's cancellation policies, better to just secure one with them if you can and then if some place you'd rather goe to gets some, then order there and cancel with Sideshow.

This is my plan for now. What day do SS orders usually go up? Daytime or evening?

This is my plan for now. What day do SS orders usually go up? Daytime or evening?

It's a Priority Preorder, you have to have an account with Sideshow and on the day of the PPO, you login into the PPO page and once ordering opens you place your order. The non-attendee PPO is Friday July 2 at 10am PST.

This is true but I just figured Eric will be included being that he's married into the HT's family.

I asked hi mand his wife about that and that seems to be just a bad rumor.. would have been nice but .....

So to clarify one can order this through SSC even without attending the show?

So to clarify one can order this through SSC even without attending the show?

Yes, a small percentage of the ammount Sideshow will be selling will be held for a PPO of people not going to SDCC. If you get on the Wait List, you could also end up with one if attendees don't collect or there isn't enough attendee interest and there are units leftover.

This and the Gort thread have me really concerned. Just how many people here have never ordered through Sideshow? How many don't get/read the newsletter? How many don't know how to read the FAQ on Sideshow's site?

I'm just amazed how many people I've had to walk through and explain the PPO process to, and I even don't get to participate in a lot of them due to work. I would have thought for sure if you were a member here, you'd be a big Sideshow collector and be very familiar with their site by now. But that doesn't seem to be the case :confused:

This and the Gort thread have me really concerned. Just how many people here have never ordered through Sideshow? How many don't get/read the newsletter? How many don't know how to read the FAQ on Sideshow's site?

I'm just amazed how many people I've had to walk through and explain the PPO process to, and I even don't get to participate in a lot of them due to work. I would have thought for sure if you were a member here, you'd be a big Sideshow collector and be very familiar with their site by now. But that doesn't seem to be the case :confused:

Maybe a lot of the people asking are mainly Hot Toys fans and order through online retailers instead of Sideshow to save a little money. I've been familiar with the process since the start of the Sideshow Star Wars line and frequently buy a lot of EX statues through their website, but I get most of my Hot Toys items from other retailers like Alter Ego and Big Bad Toy Store.

Well you have a massively popular company in Hot Toys (except over the DX Batman issue!) and the exclusives are from arguably 2 of the most popular movie licenses covered by these forums. Maybe that hasn't been the case before?

Personally I joined here because it was the best place to talk about Hot Toys stuff (believe it or not all the Neca stuff was incidental!)...not Sideshow :monkey3 Thus I wasn't all that interested in the newsletter and didn't subscribe. I have never been interested in a SDCC Exclusive before, couldn't even think of any that there has been in the past.

I guess what's funny is that the SSC newsletter is somewhat informative, so even if you never buy from SSC directly, it does pay to at least subscribe and look at it. A person might prefer to buy from BBTS or the like to save some money, but it's not like BBTS is a good place to find new info/pics on figures.

Now what sucks is that people who have never bought from SSC directly before will have a great chance to snipe a figure with the PPO process. Even if you bought from SSC for years, you can still get beat out by someone who doesn't even shop there. I mean, I get the whole concept of "first-come-first-serve", but it doesn't help people who've been loyal for some time.

For me TDK was what got me interested and Hot Toys is what sealed the deal for me to start this. After participating here Toys2 seemed like the best option for me as I learned from my first and only purchase from BBTS that buying across the boarder for me as a cannuck is just impossible. My shipping, brokerage and customs cost nearly doubled the sale price of the $100 Medi TDK I picked up :( My second attempt was getting a bunch of SS Star Wars figures on sale from GoHasting and they don't even ship up here so really this PPO is only the third time I got tempted to order from the states and this time SSC. The other exclusives just havve not been as tempting for me to risk paying $100 more for it :(

I start my Terminator collection yesterday, my first figure is T-800, now I enjoy SSC just for the SE Sara C.:wink1:

Now what sucks is that people who have never bought from SSC directly before will have a great chance to snipe a figure with the PPO process. Even if you bought from SSC for years, you can still get beat out by someone who doesn't even shop there. I mean, I get the whole concept of "first-come-first-serve", but it doesn't help people who've been loyal for some time.

I can understand that. Speaking for myself I don't buy Sideshow products...but have made a good few Hot Toys orders through their site. I'm a newb only to the PPO process.

If I failed to get this figure or the Guardian Predator from SSC during the PPO, I may have to re-schedule my working trip to HK in end-July by staying a day or two longer so that I can pick them up at the HK Ani-Con. Hopefully I don't have to do that because I will have to apply for leave from work on those extra days I will need to stay on in HK to attend the Ani-Con and accomodation will be from my own pockets.

Back