Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm totally committed to this line, this is one of the most exciting additions to my collection in all my years of collecting, I'm game for all sorts of tricks and whatever to have a kick ass T2 display.

This figure doesnt look anything like linda hamilton. The likeness was better on the first figure but they needed to fix the hair, Now the hair is better on the second figure but the likeness is terrible. WTF?

Your all forgetting that the T-1000 was not working right when was Sarah he had been frozen... So I think its right for the scuplt and all to be off... So I dont know what the fuss is about... Anyway I dont care seeing as I let him go for the normal Sarah figure anyway...

eh.......

2n81o2o.jpg

If you can get her hair to be a bit more wavey like in those pics then it should help out a great deal. The hair is derailing the figure alot.

That's my concern now. That Barbie type "plastic" hair doesn't lend itself to kinking it up very well. It will end up curled like Black Widow.

Gel and stuff might separate the hairs fine, but it will still be straight. And cutting bangs, well you run the risk they just stick straight out without the weight. Maybe not, but it's an expensive toy to experiment with.

Best option for those who get this is to pull her hair back into a pony tail.

What confuses me is, these latest shots look about same as the proto, maybe even better because of the nice hair color, but everyone's suddenly jumping ship when it seemed like everyone was fighting to get in orders for this. Maybe the expected challenge of getting an order had people more hyped to get it than they really felt towards the figure.

Wasn't T-1000 in Disguise as Sarah, actually her Twin Sister Leslie Hamilton? If HT wnet for the likeness, did they use her? Or Linda? Uh confusing.

HT would have gone for Linda's likeness, not every sculpt nails the person it's supposed to be, and how nice a sculpt is always will be a subjective thing. I've seen people here plenty of times feel a sculpt I'd consider more off to be closer than one I feel is more on. Even though these things are based off real people, none of them are a 100% replication, so it comes down to how close they get to the mark in your eyes, and personal views will influence how you see things.

What confuses me is, these latest shots look about same as the proto, maybe even better because of the nice hair color, but everyone's suddenly jumping ship when it seemed like everyone was fighting to get in orders for this. Maybe the expected challenge of getting an order had people more hyped to get it than they really felt towards the figure.

This is true. They should have just kept it limited.

This is true. They should have just kept it limited.

Well, if I saw the demand that was conveyed here, I'd have done what they did to try and be nice to everyone and make it more available, I didn't think all the people expressing interest weren't serious about the figure but seems like maybe they weren't. Oh well, it's a gamble, I'm able to get 2 of them, I'm happy.

There's room for it to be better sure, but the latest photos look exactly like we saw in the proto, maybe people were rolling the dice on tweaks before release.

you can't please all of the people all of the time I guess. It up to the individual to decide what they like, and what they can let go or live with in terms of sculpt, etc. I had some negative thoughts at first, but after looking at it more, minor cosmetic adjustments like you described before would be all that's really needed.

I actually like the challenge, not only for myself but to show people here the potential of the figure, it'll drive me to work even harder at customizing it. I really don't care if I change anyone's mind, but thinking like that while I work on it will get better results.

You know for a fact that I was excited about this figure. BUT now that I have more ref of the face and the hair, I see difficulties. And now that it has come time to cough up the cash, a decision has to be made. It's easy to preorder and fantasize about what could be. But based on what I'm seeing as of today, I'm leaning toward letting this go... and it hurts.

It could easily be better, no doubt. I suppose i'm just a T1/T2 nut so I may be seeing past its faults. The teeth is my nitpick ......... it takes away from any decent likeness. I just hope we see a hair (weathering) mod soon.

There's room for it to be better sure, but the latest photos look exactly like we saw in the proto, maybe people were rolling the dice on tweaks before release.

Haha, come on man. You're now coming across as a sycophant. You can only tweak and futz so much but that still doesn't make a sculpt look like Linda when it's miles off to begin with. Open your eyes and take that Hot Toys curtain out of your viewing.

If the T-800 was Silvester Stallone (Last Action Hero) no matter what futzing you do it will always look like Stallone.

Back