Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:gah: Missed mine today. Stupid Sideshow didn't process my signature waiver in time and of course they wouldn't leave it without a signature today. At least the UPC center is on my way home from work tomorrow. If I have to deal with a signature I wish they'd just hold it there to begin with. I could have picked it up today on my way home at the exact time they tried to deliever it :slap

Too many collectors cancel this figure few days ago...and they re-order...maybe soon be SOLD OUT!! my figure be this 08/17. :)

Why doesn't this surprise me :lolHappens all the time. Complaining and saying not buying this one, etc. And before you know it, people are paying twice as much for it on ebay. :cuckoo:

What's funny is one epic photo sold it for nearly everybody. How bad is that when Hot Toys photos can't do it.

Trouble is, it's a great photo, but, how does the figure still look in hand.

I find it flattering if a photo I take encourages someone to buy something, but, my photography is aimed at creating a nice photo, and even pushing how nice and awesome a figure can look.

That photo looked great, but, it was also very dark and moody, I can see some people who changed their mind over the figure from that shot still being let down because the fix requires photography to make it work.

The camera can do things for figures that you can't do for the in hand experience.

The camera can do things for figures that you can't do for the in hand experience.

I've found that can be the case - looking at other peoples photos of course, not my own. But if I try to take a photo its the opposite - I am generally unable to capture in a photograph how very cool a figure looks sitting in front of me.

I find it flattering if a photo I take encourages someone to buy something, but, my photography is aimed at creating a nice photo, and even pushing how nice and awesome a figure can look.

That photo looked great, but, it was also very dark and moody, I can see some people who changed their mind over the figure from that shot still being let down because the fix requires photography to make it work.

I completely agree about a photo distorting the view of a figure. Those that are buying this figure because of my photo should realize that it requires work. However, other then cropping I don't use any kind of software. As evidence from some of my ____ty pics. Ninety-nine percent of collectors stick their figures on a shelf and that's it. Those people better realize that this figure isn't going to look like my photo if that's all they do. With that said if you put some work into it ie. lighting, working the hair, etc. you can get it to look like my photo. Don't get me wrong I love when people do creative things to their photos. I just know that my figure won't look like that right out of the box. Which was the reason I put standard photos on page 167. Which no one seemed to mention.:dunno This being one of them:
15wf6sz.jpg

Here's my feeble attempt at that image earlier. Light isn't right, but I could see that image being captured well with this figure. Once you dirty her up and work the hair.
1zf1iya.jpg

U WILL NOT beat that photo, hmph!!!!! :tap

U WILL NOT beat that photo, hmph!!!!! :tap

I'm not challenging the quality of the photo, what I'm saying is this.

If i gather correctly, JacktheRipper hasn't really done any serious gelling and modding ot the hair on the figure, but has managed to tweak it enough that in combination with lighting and such photos like this are possible.

1zf1iya.jpg

Which is cool, it makes for a great photo and people should admire it.

However, people should not be mistaken that the figure is going to look that good in hand, the photo looks nicer than the figure. You can take a crappy collectible and if done right, make a cool photo.

If people think they're getting the above photo for a figure and pop this

15wf6sz.jpg

out of the box, they're going to be let down.

Just reverse psychology to bring out more greatness in this figure, now that I've got u fired up I EXPECT DA BEST :rotfl :rock

BRING IT MAUL!!!!!! U've got one more round, ur gonna eat oil and ____ out lead.

Maul, you got me on ignore? I'm agreeing with you yet I feel I'm at the kiddie table.:monkey2 I get exactly what you're saying. And people can't be that stupid. Well, there has been a influx of some really young/immature folks lately.:huh

Maul, you got me on ignore? I'm agreeing with you yet I feel I'm at the kiddie table.:monkey2 I get exactly what you're saying. And people can't be that stupid. Well, there has been a influx of some really young/immature folks lately.:huh

No, I get that you support me, I was just trying to make it clear to SKi and everyone else who might misinterpret me as criticizing your photo that my comments were regarding the reality of what the figure is like on your shelf compared to how a photo can present it.

I really enjoy your photos, they give me a lot of a hope about what I'll be able to do with this figure, keep it up.

I enjoy them as well and I kid with Maul all the time, so I think you misunderstood my joking for maybe a childish act.

No I'm not a kid and you have balls, bring it. YES I'm calling YOU OUT to the ring.

Back