Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^Did someone paint this one or did it come this way?^^^
Calcifer-Yeah I thought so too.

Its not repainted its just under weird light, possibly the photos are touched up...

nope its not repainted, that photo is just heavily saturated. check the background objects, waaay to colorful than they actually are.

The facts are that Hot Toys stated 14" in their specifications and that there are 14 photos that showed the figure we are getting. Classic predator isn't P1, so everything you're saying is based on a figure protoype that you don't even know the size of. Not to forget the 'prototype shown, product may be slightly different' disclaimer. Most of us here are big fans of Hot Toys, so trying to vilify them with your rhetoric is pointless. But you will ignore those FACTS and continue on with your anti Hot Toys campaign, won't you? Of course you will... Anyway, the figure is in scale with movie berserker now, so i don't understand what you're even arguing about anymore.
blondiecaps.

@iampoch. But the fact that Hot Toys stated 14" in their specifications and that there are 14 additional photos that showed the figure we got has no bearing at all, does it? The 'prototype shown, product may be slightly different' disclaimer has no bearing either, does it? One photo isn't a reason to carry on and condemn Hot Toys as liars as cheats likje you have been doing... WE wouldn't buy their products if that was the case. Don't like it, then just don't buy it!

Like I said, 14 additional photos of JUST the Berserker. As for the specification, they even state it as approximation if I recall correctly. So photos still carry more weight, especially if it's an advertisement which it truly is.

And by your reasoning, the disclaimer should be read as:

"We're showing Berserker as being this bigger than P1 because we're just toying with you. This is NOT the figure that you're going to get. This is just a figure that you WISH you're going to get."

Instead of:

"We're still going to tweak a few details here and there so if you see something wrong, then they might be corrected upon final release."

Now, I know it's too late since HT may or may not correct this since it's already released. But you can't hide the fact that HT pulled a fast one on us with this figure, and I hope they don't do it again. It's lamentable that apparently HT's rapport with their customers is showing signs of abuse. I sincerely hope that this will be an isolated case, or just a temporary lapse in judgement instead of an omen of things to come. That's what I'm driving at. What you're driving at is that HT hasn't done anything wrong, which is utterly false. I'm in no way a HT-hater. I have quite a few pre-orders fully paid and I'm still waiting for DX CR Supes. But like I said, they should be called out if they did something that's definitely not in the best interest of the consumer.

As for the photo, I agree with fosing. It's heavily saturated to make the colors livelier. There are more photos out there that are unsaturated. It does make the figure a lot more appealing. It would be nice if they painted it as such, but perhaps that'd be too much for a (relatively speaking) mass-market figure (yes, it's not a mass-market toy, but you get what I mean).

Last edited:
I'm siding with iampoch. But frankly, this is one of those arguments where the same points get repeated over and over. "Final product may be slightly different" doesn't apply here.
The longer these things carry on, the more trollish the argument gets.

@mr.thrifty: I knew we kept you around for good reason. :lol

uhhhh, that disclaimer card is waaay past overdue. they already showed the PROTO on several toy conventions displayed with the guardian.

oh well, where do i sign up to kiss HT's azz.:lol

You two need to get a room and rub one out.....:monkey1

:lol

To be honest, though, I wasn't even talking to that person (or whatever) til he restarted beating the dead horse (by responding to my posts) in a desperate attempt to still prove that he was right all along.

In any case, I agree with Blade3327 and fosing. All his arguments are getting old to the point that he keeps repeating his "winning" formulas for arguments: reposting pictures and if all else fails (as it often does in his case) using the "Final product may be slightly different" card. Reminds me of some sleazy lawyers I know :)

uhhhh, that disclaimer card is waaay past overdue. they already showed the PROTO on several toy conventions displayed with the guardian.

For some odd reason, Reaktwon seems to read past that statement.

Oh well, I'm all for agreeing to disagree as I feel his idiotic arguments are increasingly becoming more pitiful than funny. It was quite amusing at first, but in time I'm kinda feeling very sorry for the guy.

Last edited:
I'm siding with iampoch. But frankly, this is one of those arguments where the same points get repeated over and over.

In this particular debate I too side with Iampoch but like you say its all repetition from both sides, as it has been for a while, maybe a few lurkers will be persuaded to go one way or another but the minds of the debaters themselves are clearly not for changing.

I wonder how many more iterations its going to go through though. It seemed like it had calmed down and sentiments of agreeing to disagree abounded..before it was retriggered again and again.

The Berserker thread is the new Big Chap Alien thread! :lol

Like I said, 14 additional photos of JUST the Berserker. As for the specification, they even state it as approximation if I recall correctly. So photos still carry more weight, especially if it's an advertisement which it truly is.

And by your reasoning, the disclaimer should be read as:

"We're showing Berserker as being this bigger than P1 because we're just toying with you. This is NOT the figure that you're going to get. This is just a figure that you WISH you're going to get."

Instead of:

"We're still going to tweak a few details here and there so if you see something wrong, then they might be corrected upon final release."

Now, I know it's too late since HT may or may not correct this since it's already released. But you can't hide the fact that HT pulled a fast one on us with this figure, and I hope they don't do it again. It's lamentable that apparently HT's rapport with their customers is showing signs of abuse. I sincerely hope that this will be an isolated case, or just a temporary lapse in judgement instead of an omen of things to come. That's what I'm driving at. What you're driving at is that HT hasn't done anything wrong, which is utterly false. I'm in no way a HT-hater. I have quite a few pre-orders fully paid and I'm still waiting for DX CR Supes. But like I said, they should be called out if they did something that's definitely not in the best interest of the consumer.

And by your logic, a disclaimer isn't a disclaimer. The specifications mean nothing. And the one photo of Berserker standing next to Classic Predator is the only thing that counts, regardless of the other 14 photos showing Berserker at the scale we got. And on top of that, you want us all to believe that it's all a marketing ploy by Hot Toys to lie and cheat us out of our money because we're stupid and have no will of our own. Even though you admit that the figure looks awesome as it is and you're still buying it. You put up a good argument, but you don't actually care if you're wrong or right, it's all about the fight you think you're having with me. Which you're not. :lol

Me, I don't think it's a marketing ploy. HT is a business, but not a dirty business. My only beef with them is that they knew about this after the very first figure was finished and didn't do a thing to fix it or at least tell us before shipping the entire batch.

And by your logic, a disclaimer isn't a disclaimer. The specifications mean nothing. And the one photo of Berserker standing next to Classic Predator is the only thing that counts, regardless of the other 14 photos showing Berserker at the scale we got. And on top of that, you want us all to believe that it's all a marketing ploy by Hot Toys to lie and cheat us out of our money because we're stupid and have no will of our own. Even though you admit that the figure looks awesome as it is and you're still buying it. You put up a good argument, but you don't actually care if you're wrong or right, it's all about the fight you think you're having with me. Which you're not. :lol

What if Hot Toys releases pics of the Tracker Pred pictured with a tracker dog and "purposefully" excludes it from the specs and goes on to release it without the dog :dunno

Me, I don't think it's a marketing ploy. HT is a business, but not a dirty business. My only beef with them is that they knew about this after the very first figure was finished and didn't do a thing to fix it or at least tell us before shipping the entire batch.

But if you read the details, there wouldn't be any surprises for you. It's all there for you to see. The Berserker is a great example of what Hot Toys does with Predator figures. You either like what they do with them or you don't. It's not a conspiracy.

Back