Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca ones are great for the price. I think their sculpts are spot-on, while HT's is clearly not (though they are known for improving upon their prototypes).

Predators look weird without the net outfit. Like big ol' lizard men.

Oh NO, SLEESTACKS!

sleestacks.gif

I'd agree if that price was $12.99. Not the $20.99+ that I'd have to pay if I wanted them. They look like plastic junk next to a Hot Toys figure.

I'd agree if that price was $12.99. Not the $20.99+ that I'd have to pay if I wanted them. They look like plastic junk next to a Hot Toys figure.

There not even meant to be in the same catagory anyway.

So, there's no point to your comparison.

There not even meant to be in the same catagory anyway.

So, there's no point to your comparison.

Sure they are. Neca doesn't make action figures for children to play with, yet their quality doesn't seem to be that much above what Hasbro might make. So what are they for? Poor men with low standards? NECA and Hot Toys are competitors, make no mistake.

If some Neca guy wouldn't pop in here (a hot toys thread) and claim that a Neca prototype is better then Hot Toys then I wouldn't say squat about Neca. Frankly they've been off my radar for 2 years now.

Sorry, but a $15 action figure is NOT in the same catagory as a $200 figure.

If you think they're competing, you're mistaken.

Sure they are. Neca doesn't make action figures for children to play with, yet their quality doesn't seem to be that much above what Hasbro might make. So what are they for? Poor men with low standards? NECA and Hot Toys are competitors, make no mistake.

If some Neca guy wouldn't pop in here (a hot toys thread) and claim that a Neca prototype is better then Hot Toys then I wouldn't say squat about Neca. Frankly they've been off my radar for 2 years now.

That so sounds like me :rotfl

Sorry, but a $15 action figure is NOT in the same catagory as a $200 figure.

If you think they're competing, you're mistaken.

I don't think it, I know it and I can prove it.

If I wasn't buying Hot Toys figures then I would be buying Neca figures. That is lost revenu for NECA that is going to Hot toys instead and I am nowhere near alone in that respect. You don't think this has occured to the boys at Neca? What company has sent their trolls onto this forum to flame Hot Toys fans and proclaim the greatness of Neca and at a fraction of the price?

Believe me, I know this business, I've been reporting on it since the first series of Movie Maniacs. I used to co-run Moviemaniacs.net and am still an admin on it's forums (my friend, whom owned the site sold it a few years ago :() I own over 100 Neca figures. They are definitely aware of the the growing popularity of Hot Toys figures among what was once it's loyal core customer base.... namely us.

If we took a poll on how many of us have moved on from 7 inch figures because of Hot Toys you would be very shocked.

Nope, don't see it.

NECA is not aiming for the 15", $200 figure market.

If they were, they'd produce more large scaled figures.

Just because it's the same license doesn't mean you can lump figures together into the same catagory.

It just doesn't work that way.

I started collecting Neca and I'm now moving onto Hot Toys, I don't know how anyone could put them both in the same category.

Neca may be good at sculpting, but lately their paint jobs have been terrible, also people are complaining that the colours on HT Berserker are too bright, you have to remember there will be artificial lighting all around it when the prototype images were taken, it's probably darker than this in person...

The other thing you need to remember is that they're working from brightly lit suit pics provided by the fx department.
You can see the pics in the 'making of' link posted earlier.

They're not painting this based on the lighting in the movie.

So yeah, it's always going to be brighter than what was seen on film.

I collect both HT and NECA and as long as both companies keep making products I like, I'll buy from both. I'm not a 1/6 exclusive collector. Plus NECA is easier on my wallet as well.

What company has sent their trolls onto this forum to flame Hot Toys fans and proclaim the greatness of Neca and at a fraction of the price?

NECA sending trolls to this forum? You can't be serious.:cuckoo:

NECA is not aiming for the 15", $200 figure market.

If they were, they'd produce more large scaled figures.

Huh. Makes me wonder how they would do if they did move into that market.

That's nice, but here is what we can actually buy...

47918101070cd19a69a7o.jpg

The difference between NECA and Hot Toys is the the Hot Toys prototype is what we will actually get. That and it's 14 freaken inches tall.

falconer's mask looks good. but why does berserker's look like cheap plastic?

Back