Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC44323

and the final product?

review_vendetta_6.jpg

I actually happen to have one NECA figure. A 9-inch Alien.
I think its awesome, but I got it as a souvenir from a French local comic book store when I went to France. Otherwise I dont even bother looking at NECA products.

I have quite a few NECA figures (mostly video game characters) and for the scale thy range from good to really good but most required a little touch up in the paint department, some more than others. Also the plastic NECA uses is cheap. My Jigsaw figures arm broke off and one of the peddles on Billy's trycicle (Jigsaw's puppet) broke off and on my Big Daddy Rosie figure, part of the handle on the weapon broke. Nother a little super glue couldn't fix but annoying nonetheless. Sculpts on most of the figures are steller though.

Once the Berserker is displayed next to the other previously released Predators, it's going to make them look considerably less impressive.

I'm definitely hoping the original predator gets a re-do using the larger body. I'm sure it will.

Once the Berserker is displayed next to the other previously released Predators, it's going to make them look considerably less impressive.

I'm definitely hoping the original predator gets a re-do using the larger body. I'm sure it will.

Same here. I'd also love to se the P2 Pred get updated with the new body as well but I'm sure I'm in the minority there.

I just want to know if people what do people mean by the same bigger body? Do you mean the same height or just a bit taller? If they did it the same height as the Berserker, that would mess up the accuracy and then people will be saying, "man, now they need to re-do the Berserker because he is supposed to be bigger than all the Preds!"

But if you mean just a bit taller, then I agree with you. But I really don't think they will redo the body for the Classic Pred. It's just going to have a battle damaged helmet and no skull trophies. i mean, they could just re-release Dutch with the new T-800 body, but I don't think it will happen. remember that Dutch's neck is too long and that also messes up the height accuracy with P1.

I'd love to see all the predators get updated. :D *Runs for cover*

But I know that'll never happen anyway.

I just want to know if people what do people mean by the same bigger body? Do you mean the same height or just a bit taller? If they did it the same height as the Berserker, that would mess up the accuracy and then people will be saying, "man, now they need to re-do the Berserker because he is supposed to be bigger than all the Preds!"

But if you mean just a bit taller, then I agree with you. But I really don't think they will redo the body for the Classic Pred. It's just going to have a battle damaged helmet and no skull trophies. i mean, they could just re-release Dutch with the new T-800 body, but I don't think it will happen. remember that Dutch's neck is too long and that also messes up the height accuracy with P1.

When I say bigger body I mean a body the same height as Berserker. I know in the movieverse the new Preds are supposed to be bigger but even still Kevin Peter Hall is the tallest actor at 7'1" to potray a Predator. The tallest actor to portray one in the new movie was like 6'7" or so and thats only a 2'' difference from Derek Mears who was the Classic and is 6'5". Besides the original HT P1 looks puny next to Dutch. That's why I'd like to see P1 (and P2) redone with a body the same size as Berserker. Make a Classic re-using the first P1 and a new P1 with a taller body. I'd buy both.

Nope its not, within the film the actors portraying the 4 different predators averaged around 6'6" and none were exceptionally taller than the others, i'm fairly sure berserker and classic were almost even height.

The hot toys figure reference is more towards the overall predator scale, of the old style 7' tall predators, and a figure that gives that scale to compare with other 1/6 figures. Problem is they picked a predator who wasn't 7 foot tall to do it with.

I don't remember Berserker being that much taller. If those were lifesize, that would be a good 6 or 7" difference at least. Again Derek Mears who was the Classic is 6'5" (at least thats what I read in a interview he did when he played Jason the the F13 remake) and the guy who was Berserker was 6'7" I heard (somewhere on this board I belive).

The height of the actors doesn't mean a thing if they are supposed to be taller in the world of the film. All of actors who played the hobbits in LOTR weren't that short in real life.

I couldn't get a good enough look at them in the movie, but maybe they are supposed to be bigger considering they're the "wolfs" and the "super preds".

The height of the actors doesn't mean a thing if they are supposed to be taller in the world of the film. All of actors who played the hobbits in LOTR weren't that short in real life.

I couldn't get a good enough look at them in the movie, but maybe they are supposed to be bigger considering they're the "wolfs" and the "super preds".

:goodpost:

The dialogue inferred that the berserker preds were noticeably bigger. However I don't think they are that much taller compared with the normal preds (as depicted by the Hot Toys pic). However the actors real height should have nothing to do with exactly how tall the Predators actually are.

Well assuming the Classic in the new movie was supposed to be around the same size as the KPH Preds in the first 2 movies and the "super" Preds are even bigger that means they should be head and shoulders taller that the most of the humans but while the Pred were noticably bigger than most of the human characters, they certainly didn't tower over them. Like I said though I like my Preds tall so the height on the Berserker is fine to me but the height on the P1 still annoys me and because KPH towered over all the other characters and I want a P1 figure that towers over most other HT figures. Am I being overly picky? yes but it's how I feel lol.

I'm assuming the height of the Berserker is the same as the P2 Elder? Correct? I'm talking about the 1/6 figures by the way and not the movie actors.

Edit: Nevermind. I think the Berserker is taller than the P2 Elder.

The height ot the actors has nothing to do with the height of the characters! That s obvious! Just thing about Van Damme and Lundgren doing Universal Soldier. They looked almost the same height during the hole movie, just a small difference but in real life they have almost 50cm separating them.

Nope, don't see it.

NECA is not aiming for the 15", $200 figure market.

If they were, they'd produce more large scaled figures.

Just because it's the same license doesn't mean you can lump figures together into the same catagory.

It just doesn't work that way.

I am not lumping them togethor. I'm simply stating that they are competing for some of the same dollars when it comes to Predator and Terminator. Should I buy their 12 or more T2 figures? Or should I buy 2 or 3 from Hot Toys? I went with Hot Toys. I'm a man with my own money and I want quality and am willing to pay for it. One too many overpriced NECA figures with bad paint jobs fell apart in my hands for me to give them anymore of my cash.

I saw Predators again and watched a lot closer this time around and Berserker is maybe a inch bigger then Classic Predator... So yeah they say they are bigger but they are almost the same size...

Back