Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Form over function blows. This guy's only gonna be able to do "Butt sticking out w/jazz hands" pose. :monkey4

A shame they didn't give him better articulation like the other preds. With HT's prices getting higher and the poseability being tossed out in favor of aesthetics, one only has to pay a bit more to pick up one of Sideshow's superior maquettes.

ditto. they had that great balanced recipe for the preds before. now they're going full blown aesthetics...i should've been buying statues instead.

poseability makes ACTION figure FUN.

ditto. they had that great balanced recipe for the preds before. now they're going full blown aesthetics...i should've been buying statues instead.

poseability makes ACTION figure FUN.

True. the reason why I went for 1:6th figures instead of collecting stats is because I love taking pics of my figures in different poses. I really hope HT doesn't go all-aesthetic. I want 1:6th poseable figures, not statues.

True. the reason why I went for 1:6th figures instead of collecting stats is because I love taking pics of my figures in different poses. I really hope HT doesn't go all-aesthetic. I want 1:6th poseable figures, not statues.

:hi5:

i really hope they remedy this new pred with more articulation.:pray:

before, HT preds were like highly poseable statues.

now, HT preds are like statues with barbie/ken doll articulation.:gah:

:hi5:

i really hope they remedy this new pred with more articulation.:pray:

before, HT preds were like highly poseable statues.

now, HT preds are like statues with barbie/ken doll articulation.:gah:

Hahaha, now that's a thought: Predator Ken :lol

now i'm having second thoughts because of the articulation :(
and this was supposed to be my first pred. On the bright side, at least i can save LOL

It still is a pretty badass looking figure. The details are still amazing and it still doesn't cost as much as most statues out there of this quality. And you can still swap the blades and move the arms and legs. Don't get me wrong, I will miss the waist articulation though. :D

It still is a pretty badass looking figure. The details are still amazing and it still doesn't cost as much as most statues out there of this quality. And you can still swap the blades and move the arms and legs. Don't get me wrong, I will miss the waist articulation though. :D

yeah, thats the barbie/ken articulation i referenced.:(
38465623.jpg

what other cool bad arse poses can this action figure do/achive aside from standing pretty?

*that crouch/squat stance looks constipated or got owned prison rulz kornholio.

38465623.jpg

that crouching/more like a squat pose looks like he got something up its arse.:gah:
see, i does look funny without that torso joint.:slap

So, this figure is only gonna look good posed like so on the far right and thats it. God Damn it Hot Toys! He needs waist articulation!

At least the Berserker can squat better than a non P1 pred. What's the point of all those exposed joints if a pred can't even squat properly? I never felt the older pred bodie were that articulated in the first place what with all the armor hindering the movement, this looks about the same to me honetly... You'll be able to do all the limited posing just like all the other HT preds. Muscle body is the future!!

Too bad they fail big time with the paint. Sorry had to say it :)

The only one that's not measuring up...right now...is the the Berserker.

The others look great. :clap

But...enough about NECA figs in this thread.

I'm really digging Hot Toys' version.
Can't wait to see Tracker and Falconer.

At least the Berserker can squat better than a non P1 pred. What's the point of all those exposed joints if a pred can't even squat properly? I never felt the older pred bodie were that articulated in the first place what with all the armor hindering the movement, this looks about the same to me honetly... You'll be able to do all the limited posing just like all the other HT preds. Muscle body is the future!!

wait...it only said painted body...rubber bodies??:gah::slap:gah: <--that's how the cookie crumbles.

At least the Berserker can squat better than a non P1 pred
non P1 pred you say??
for the record, the skinny wolf pred has got lots of articulation for a HT pred.

and further more, i'm afraid this new pred wont be able to achieve poses the older Predator 2 BD can.

not without that torso joint.

how's this for a squat?

now, can this new pred achieve such feat??

Last edited:
Doubt it is going to be rubber bodies. All those scale details and paint wouldn't show up and last on rubber.

Gotta love edwint's poses. Haven't seen him in a long long time. Wonder if he still collects.

That's why I said muscle body, not rubber body. The old pred body is pretty much just a nude TT with bumpy texture, totally unacceptable in today's standard. (sorry:lol) This new type of thicker body has a much more realistic proportion. Thing is HT often over shoot things when doing changes, so they went too far with the looks and forgot about the articulation. I'm sure if they get a chance to upgrade the pred body again they'll be able to make a realistic muscle body (not rubber) while still retaining a reasonable amount of articulations.

As for the P2 poses, that's evident of someone who knows how to pose their figures. (like 10% of collectors out there :monkey1:monkey1) I'm sure someone who can pose can also get a lot out of the Berserker. You don't need all those double joints to achieve great poses, and the double joints are the most "offensive" part about the old pred bodies. I agree there's some major articulations missing on the Berserker, (torso, ankle) but there is still more than enough to get some good poses in if you know how to work them joints.:)

Last edited:
That's why I said muscle body, not rubber body. The old pred body is pretty much just a nude TT with bumpy texture, totally unacceptable in today's standard. (sorry:lol) This new type of thicker body has a much more realistic proportion. Thing is HT often over shoot things when doing changes, so they went too far with the looks and forgot about the articulation. I'm sure if they get a chance to upgrade the pred body again they'll be able to make a realistic muscle body (not rubber) while still retaining a reasonable amount of articulations.

As for the P2 poses, that's evident of someone who knows how to pose their figures. (like 10% of collectors out there :monkey1:monkey1) I'm sure someone who can pose can also get a lot out of the Berserker. You don't need all those double joints to achieve those poses, and the double joints are the most "offensive" part about the old pred bodies. I agree there's some major articulations missing on the Berserker, (torso, ankle) but there is still more than enough to get some good poses in if you know how to work them joints.:)

i dont think you can ENTIRELY pin it on a collector's shortcomings for not being able to pose their figure well...when the figure itself is pretty much handicapped.

if the figure has ken/barbie articulation....what chances of cool kick arse poses can that achieve?? standing pretty with jazzy hands. that's just about it, with a stiff torso that is. i doubt if it can even achieve a kneeling pose with out looking too uptight STIFF.

i emphasize the torso...cause that's a huge section. without that torso joint...it would look silly funny and mostly unnatural when you're going for dynamic poses.

Agreed, the missing torso articulation is a killer. But I believe overall the direction HT is going with this new body type is the right way to go. If they add a torso and ankle articulation and get rid of elbow double joint (from the old body) then you'll have the best of both worlds.

Back