Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest disappointment I had with Wolverine was that he couldn't cross his claws close in front of his face. He also can't effectively sell any of the infamous diving or slashing poses that are synonymous with the character. So with that body, aesthetics really hurt the very personality of the character. Arnold was the same way. He can't do a proper kneel, sit comfortably on a motorcycle and you actually have to pull the wrist joint out to rest the shotgun on his shoulder. Sarah can't aim a gun properly due to the lack of rotation in her arms. These new predators will not have the ability to hunch down or really arch for the dynamic poses so crucial to the characters. These issues seem counter productive as they actually detract from the characters that HT's trying to portray so realistically. Especially given their title of action figures.

From the magazine, HT said the Berserker torso with have articulate join cover by rubber, they are also going to remake (not re-release) the P1 and beside Royce, Noland are also planned. :panic:

From the magazine, HT said the Berserker torso with have articulate join cover by rubber, they are also going to remake (not re-release) the P1 and beside Royce, Noland are also planned. :panic:

Hopefully they take a bit of creative licensing with his look. The predator stuff Fishburne wore in the film, added with his belly, made him look absolutely ridiculous.

i'd be more excited if tankman was sculpting it, but at least it'll probably be bigger.

Still prefer the HT maquette to the vintage Hasbro-ish trio. :nana:

BTW, please keep pics, vids and GIFs of yourself in the "Let's see you" thread. Thanks in advance. ;)

That's the best you've got?

I expected better from you.

Wait...no I didn't. :lol

As for this particular piece...I can't wait to add another statue to my collection. :nana:

That's the best you've got?

I expected better from you.

Wait...no I didn't.
As for this particular piece...I can't wait to add another statue to my collection.

:moon
:moon:moon
:moon:moon:moon
:moon:moon:moon:moon

I didn't hesitate to preorder it, but I can assure you, it'll be the determining factor as to whether or not I get the rest.

So, you're saying you won't order any of the others if they don't have the articulation of earlier Preds?

Even if the sculpt/paint apps are as good as they're looking so far?

Not trying to start an argument, seriously.

I'm just wondering how many people actually keep these in some kind of 'action' pose that would necessitate more articulation.

38465623.jpg
He does at least turn and pivot at the waste, doesn't he? I'm not seeing any indication that he's capable of at least that much from these pics, but I can't imagine why he wouldn't. Posing my Classic Predator, the torso articulation actually allows for very little added poseability, largely due to the armor restricting much movement. I think the lack of ankle articulation is going to be the much bigger limiter with Berserker, as the inability to pitot or twist at the ankles means these poses here is about all the farther he can squat regardless of whether or not his legs can bend more.

All that said, as this is the least-armored Predator to date, had they not eliminated any joints he would have easily been the most-poseable Hot Toys predator, instead of the least.

The pyramid of ass, makes an appearance

Noland easy pass, why woudl you waste time on doing that character, Id rather have Nikolai

I'm just wondering how many people actually keep these in some kind of 'action' pose that would necessitate more articulation.

Personally I could care less. I don't play with these figures so massive articulation is meaningless to me. If they have minor movement that's good enough for me. It's better than a statue (which has ZERO movement) and it still gives you the option of selecting a decent pose yourself as opposed to accepting a pose from whoever makes it (like statues). I'd take a Berserker style P2 over the one I currently have with all it's articulation any day.

I can see both sides though. And that's the problem, HT can't please everyone.

Personally I could care less. I don't play with these figures so massive articulation is meaningless to me. If they have minor movement that's good enough for me. It's better than a statue (which has ZERO movement) and it still gives you the option of selecting a pose yourself as opposed to accepting a pose from whoever makes it like statues. I'd take a Berserker style P2 over the one I currently have with all it's articulation any day.

Yeah, that's the way I feel about them as well.

Too much articulation can distract from the sculpt.

Yeah, that's the way I feel about them as well.

Too much articulation can distract from the sculpt.

But if that's all you care about, why not shoot for the maquette? And you're right. If after owning Berkerker, I find that I can't get some decent dynamic poses out of him, I'll pass on the rest. It's almost like therapy to take down a figure, repose it and put it back on a shelf. Plus, it keeps interest renewed as you remember or discover key things about the figure that make ya grin and make ya appreciate owning it. Kinda hard to explain. For the sake of repeating myself, here's what I had to say in the Joe threads when a similar topic came up. I know these aren't "technically" statues but with minimal to minute articulation, they might as well be:

You're correct, I have bought Snake Eyes in multiple scales. But those have been action figures and I might even consider it if Diamond Select made a decent 1:4 scale figure. However, owning and having owned PFs, dios, busts, etc, I can honestly say that while I appreciate the development that goes into them and in most cases the end result, they always seem a bit soulless and too static for my tastes. 1:6 or 12" not only means I can change up the pose or re-equip a figure any way I see fit, but it also seems like the perfect size for collecting. They look good displayed on a shelf whereas the 3 3/4" stuff can easily look like a clutter-____ quite easily and larger scales become spacial issues with any substantial collection.

But if that's all you care about, why not shoot for the maquette? And you're right. If after owning Berkerker, I find that I can't get some decent dynamic poses out of him, I'll pass on the rest. It's almost like therapy to take down a figure, repose it and put it back on a shelf. Plus, it keeps interest renewed as you remember or discover key things about the figure that make ya grin and make ya appreciate owning it. Kinda hard to explain. For the sake of repeating myself, here's what I had to say in the Joe threads when a similar topic came up. I know these aren't "technically" statues but with minimal to minute articulation, they might as well be:

I'll be getting all of the maquettes and all of the figures (in all scales).

But, I understand where you're coming from.
I'm more of a statue/garage kit guy, so my feelings are a bit different.

That's not to say I don't appreciate a good figure I can pose and take pics of.

As for me though...once I'm done taking pics of different poses, I put it in a favorite pose and leave it. I don't repose them.

That's part of the appeal of NECA's figures for me. I can pose them and do whatever, and it's not a big deal.
Hot Toys, with their rubber bodies and sometimes poorly made joints, I don't like handling them as much.

Back