Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be getting all of the maquettes and all of the figures (in all scales).

But, I understand where you're coming from.
I'm more of a statue/garage kit guy, so my feelings are a bit different.

That's not to say I don't appreciate a good figure I can pose and take pics of.

As for me though...once I'm done taking pics of different poses, I put it in a favorite pose and leave it. I don't repose them.

That's part of the appeal of NECA's figures for me. I can pose them and do whatever, and it's not a big deal.
Hot Toys, with their rubber bodies and sometimes poorly made joints, I don't like handling them as much.

Yeah, their damn rubber bodies I treat like statues. Too much reposing of the joints can cause the metal-flanged elbows to snap. It's also why I'm purging my collection of my Rambo figures. I don't like the fact that I can't really pose them more than a few times and I don't want to have to keep worrying about the rubber bodies decomping over time. I'm hoping they'll do a DS version down the road and give him at least a semi-poseable muscle body (like Wolverine) so I can have a good Rambo and don't have to worry about the rubber BS. :(

Yeah, their damn rubber bodies I treat like statues. Too much reposing of the joints can cause the metal-flanged elbows to snap. It's also why I'm purging my collection of my Rambo figures. I don't like the fact that I can't really pose them more than a few times and I don't want to have to keep worrying about the rubber bodies decomping over time. :(

Yeah, that stuff really worries me about my HT Alien figs.

Personally speaking, the reason I've never wanted or got a Maquette is because of what I was saying about having to accept whatever pose they come in.

Perfect example:
7143_press01-001.jpg

Looks great (better than the HT figure) but that is not how I would ever pose one of my own figures. And that's the problem.

Personally speaking, the reason I've never wanted or got a Maquette is because of what I was saying about having to accept whatever pose they come in.

Perfect example:
7143_press01-001.jpg

Looks great (better than the HT figure) but that is not how I would ever pose one of my own figures. And that's the problem.

I don't mind that so much.
There are so many different kits and statues, I can find one for just about every pose I'd want anyway.

As long as the pose isn't too ridiculous.

The upcoming Falconer maquette for example...

Great pose...but from what I've seen, it's head is turned so far left it looks a bit silly.

That kind of stuff irks me.

14.jpg

The more articulation a figure has, the more ways it can be displayed and the more value it has. At $195 and with little to no features/gimmicks, this figure needs all of the extra value it can muster. If it only has one good pose, I wouldn't feel like I was getting my money's worth. The two other figures I have whose prices even came close to Berserker (DX Joker and Battle-Damaged Mark III) have countless possible ways to display them, and that was a major factor in how I justified their cost.

From the magazine, HT said the Berserker torso with have articulate join cover by rubber, they are also going to remake (not re-release) the P1 and beside Royce, Noland are also planned. :panic:

So wait is HT making the Classic Pred or a remake of the P1 Pred?

I have mixed feelings on the rubber torso. On the one hand rubber does look better aesthectically but isn't very durable and will eventually rot and on the other hand, while not as nice looking, plastic, even with exposed joints, lasts longer and I'm not as paranoid about handeling the figure a bit more. Overall though I think a plastic torso would have been better. Even if it didn't have the ab crunch articulation, at least with plastic, you don't have to worry about cracking, rotting or possible leaking ala DX Batman.

The more articulation a figure has, the more ways it can be displayed and the more value it has. At $195 and with little to no features/gimmicks, this figure needs all of the extra value it can muster. If it only has one good pose, I wouldn't feel like I was getting my money's worth. The two other figures I have whose prices even came close to Berserker (DX Joker and Battle-Damaged Mark III) have countless possible ways to display them, and that was a major factor in how I justified their cost.

what about Cinemaquttes and Sideshow's premium formats they can hardly move at all and the prices on those things are ridiculous. This guy is great as is. Lets face it people who collects these things are likely to pick one pose and leave it like what for a long time...

So wait is HT making the Classic Pred or a remake of the P1 Pred?

I have mixed feelings on the rubber torso. On the one hand rubber does look better aesthectically but isn't very durable and will eventually rot and on the other hand, while not as nice looking, plastic, even with exposed joints, lasts longer and I'm not as paranoid about handeling the figure a bit more. Overall though I think a plastic torso would have been better. Even if it didn't have the ab crunch articulation, at least with plastic, you don't have to worry about cracking, rotting or possible leaking ala DX Batman.

:monkey4 that would suck, though at least with the Predator they're kinda slimy so it would be easier to justify. :lol

From the magazine, HT said the Berserker torso with have articulate join cover by rubber, they are also going to remake (not re-release) the P1 and beside Royce, Noland are also planned. :panic:
Yup they mentioned it specifically in the article. They are intentionally sacrificing articulation for aesthetics.
So whose translation is accurate? One of you says they intentionally killed torso articulation for aesthetics, and the other says it'll have torso articulation under rubber.

what about Cinemaquttes and Sideshow's premium formats they can hardly move at all and the prices on those things are ridiculous.
They are ridiculous and I have absolutely no interest in paying hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a statue that, more often than not, doesn't look as detailed as Hot Toys 1:6 scale figures. But I don't think that justifies Hot Toys eliminating features while at the same time considerably raising prices. This predator is $20 more than the last one they released, and comes with a lot fewer features.

This guy is great as is. Lets face it people who collects these things are likely to pick one pose and leave it like what for a long time...
I think that's a damn shame. I only keep a figure in a single pose for a month, tops.

They are ridiculous and I have absolutely no interest in paying hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a statue that, more often than not, doesn't look as detailed as Hot Toys 1:6 scale figures...

You can say what you want...but there is no comparison between a Cinemaquette Alien and a Hot Toys Alien.

Cinemaquette rules.

100_0592.jpg

Back