Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmmmmm. Should we mention Indiana Jones? :lol

watermark.php

Made this last year. Still appropriate. :lol

So whose translation is accurate? One of you says they intentionally killed torso articulation for aesthetics, and the other says it'll have torso articulation under rubber.

The magazine clearly states that they are sacrificing articulation for aesthetics. You are putting words in my mouth....I never said they killed torso articulation. I didn't see the torso articulation under the rubber mentioned though...it may be mentioned in the section where the words are too tiny and cut off.

Went through the article again and found no mention at all of an articulated torso covered by rubber. OMG may have the actual magazine and there was a page that wasn't posted here. Can you confirm where you got this articulated torso info from OMG?

PREDATOR10.jpg

Picture by baloo

enough said about the P1 remake with poses like above. Glad I got the original

New preds look like they are constipated in most of the poses

Last edited:
Had a dream last night that HT added ab articulation. Woke up and came on here and was disappointed to find out it was just a dream. I spend too much time online...

I didn't hesitate to preorder it, but I can assure you, it'll be the determining factor as to whether or not I get the rest.​

same here. a deciding factor this figure will be. this is my main line as far as my collection goes. but if this new pred will be indeed a statue with ken/barbie articulation...$200-ish for standing pretty with jazzy hands, will not cut it. IMO.:gah:

my clan will not be accepting applicants from later release preds.:(

He does at least turn and pivot at the waste, doesn't he? I'm not seeing any indication that he's capable of at least that much from these pics, but I can't imagine why he wouldn't. Posing my Classic Predator, the torso articulation actually allows for very little added poseability, largely due to the armor restricting much movement. I think the lack of ankle articulation is going to be the much bigger limiter with Berserker, as the inability to pitot or twist at the ankles means these poses here is about all the farther he can squat regardless of whether or not his legs can bend more.

All that said, as this is the least-armored Predator to date, had they not eliminated any joints he would have easily been the most-poseable Hot Toys predator, instead of the least.

it look's like a swivel waist. but with a stiff torso, that would look even more silly/funny and un-natural if you're going for some poses. that fixed "chest out stomach in/attention" torso will look funny if not posed standing pretty, that's my biggest gripe.:slap
ap_20100712102620362.jpg

ap_20100712102530821.jpg

All that said, as this is the least-armored Predator to date, had they not eliminated any joints he would have easily been the most-poseable Hot Toys predator, instead of the least.

:exactly:
this could have been the most poseable pred to date as it has less armor.​

Here's a good look at those little stands:

DX02_TDK_Batman_21.jpg

Is that what the stands you're talking about look like?

Yeah.. but that's not what HT does. Like Nam mentioned, Celtic and Chopper had the same head sculpt as Scar. Gort/Guardian has the same head sculpt as P1. It's cost effective. And beyond that, it's acceptable because there's no reference material to say "That's not accurate". Because any Predator with just a Bio on in any movie doesn't have a face. It looks like this underneath:

predator_2_disc2-1.jpg

With the Bio attached using Velcro.

I would be shocked if HT didn't use the Berserker head sculpt for Falconer and Tracker. I mocked up what I think they'll do: simply paint changes based on the paint scheme body colors.

watermark.php

i agree thats what prob will happened they did for the avp 1 predators

I don't know... Hot Toys has come a LONGGG way since the AVP 1 Preds. I think they'll want to get a bit creative with these. At the very least, I could see the base for the head being somewhat the same, but with some minor changes (aside from the paint only, I mean - maybe different expressions in the eyes or different pieces for the mouth, etc).

I don't know... Hot Toys has come a LONGGG way since the AVP 1 Preds. I think they'll want to get a bit creative with these. At the very least, I could see the base for the head being somewhat the same, but with some minor changes (aside from the paint only, I mean - maybe different expressions in the eyes or different pieces for the mouth, etc).
Look at Guardian Predator they just released; no reference for the face so what did they do? Reused P1's head.

:exactly: but still hoping for a new sculpt, but probably will just get a repaint of the berserker's.

Back