Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

OMG...how can you people think HT wont do a BD T2 T-800?

They WILL make one, its so obvious...its a HT strategy so we buy all of them thinking we wont see other versions :panic:

Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

There's no guarantee that the T2 line has ended, maybe just lying dormant for a while. Besisdes, everyone is waiting for a BD version of the t-800.
In the mean time, this is an awesome looking figure. Just hope we get police station version soon.

Re: Hot Toys Teaser - The Terminator!

Hey do you guys think the BD head could have PERS? his head is turned but he's still looking at the camera

Well the BD T-1000 looks to the side, and the Bank Robber Joker too.
I don't think it's PERS as it would seem strange to leave it off the Tech Noir sculpt

Yes!!!!! Police Shootout and a Kyle Reese and I'll die a happy man. It's about time this is coming out!!!!! Yessssssssss!!!!!

Should see a slew of Technoir customs on ebay today!!

This mean T2 line is done then? Would kinda make sense. If the licence was on loan from Sideshow, HT just did an "update" of the exact same characters (maybe the licence concerned just these likenesses?).
I mean if you look at the other two most recent BIG classic-lines, there seems to be a release formula to them:
main character + supporting character + villain

Predator = Dutch > Billy > P1
Alien = Captain Dallas > Executive officer Kane > Alien

So, T2 line would be:
T2 = T-800 > Sarah Connor > T-1000 (the T-1000 in Sarah disquise, dont really fit though, but lets face it, that was just a very simple variant/HT milking us.)

So, T1 would be:
T1 = T-800 > Kyle Reese > endo (ofcourse this means villain x 2, but it kinda makes sense. Doesen't seem likely they'd make another Sarah Connor. There really wasn't that many characters in T1 you could do and be sure they'd sell.)

Ofcourse this doesen't mean there couldn't be DX's coming outside the lines though (as in BD T2 Arnie?)...

Maybe they are getting clean versions of the characters out of the way. A BD terminator 2 would take alot of extra work I would think. The damage on T1 depending how far they take it is pretty minimal till he gets hit by a truck.

It looks incredible and T1 is actually what I voted for way back when HT held that poll on their homepage but......I cannot believe it if they don't do a Battle damage T2 Arnie. I will be really shocked, not in an horrific 'finding out I only have 3 months to live way' but still not in a good way. I thought that figure was a guarantee.

I'm also surprised we've seen pics of Hot Toys T1 before NECA's. They've obviously been working on it longer.

LOL, about T2 BD Arnie, but I think it´s still comin´.

Regarding NECA T1...seriously...who cares?
With HT bringin´out the superior version, why bother about a 6" inferior version?
I was into 6", love mine, but now...no 6" T1 for me.

This mean T2 line is done then? Would kinda make sense. If the licence was on loan from Sideshow, HT just did an "update" of the exact same characters (maybe the licence concerned just these likenesses?).
I mean if you look at the other two most recent BIG classic-lines, there seems to be a release formula to them:
main character + supporting character + villain

Predator = Dutch > Billy > P1
Alien = Captain Dallas > Executive officer Kane > Alien

So, T2 line would be:
T2 = T-800 > Sarah Connor > T-1000 (the T-1000 in Sarah disquise, dont really fit though, but lets face it, that was just a very simple variant/HT milking us.)

So, T1 would be:
T1 = T-800 > Kyle Reese > endo (ofcourse this means villain x 2, but it kinda makes sense. Doesen't seem likely they'd make another Sarah Connor. There really wasn't that many characters in T1 you could do and be sure they'd sell.)

Ofcourse this doesen't mean there couldn't be DX's coming outside the lines though (as in BD T2 Arnie?)...

Not always, look at P2 and Aliens. Then again, they may be exception to the norm.

At least if I don't receive any new toys this week as hoped there'll at least be a fresh bit of excitement on the forums on friday. I presume since we're getting teasers now that we're talking about full specs and pics on friday. From what we've seen so far I'll want 2 of this figure - 1 from Tech Noir and one for the DIY surgery scene.

Not always, look at P2 and Aliens. Then again, they may be exception to the norm.

I kinda meant more recent lines.
I think the days of large lines are gone. Nowadays lines like the Colonial marines (Aliens) or even Rocky w/ all opponents etc. dont seem that likely anymore.
Sadly, I think we wont be seeing the rest of Dutches team (P1) :(

And lately it seems they've been making only one character per NEW(er) licence (Dastan/Perseus/Wolverine/300)...

I think they could've made a few misscalculations by doing larger lines in the past and this might explain the newer approach to things...

I think the sheer volume (for example) of the Iron man-line could be explained with HT's own interest in the line. I mean they even did a 1:1 War-machine, just for the fun of it? + there genuenly seems to be actual demand for that line.

LOL, about T2 BD Arnie, but I think it´s still comin´.

Regarding NECA T1...seriously...who cares?
With HT bringin´out the superior version, why bother about a 6" inferior version?
I was into 6", love mine, but now...no 6" T1 for me.

I still collect and have a fondness for the smaller figures. Sometimes you get stuff at that scale and pricepoint that you won't get from Hot Toys. Like McFarlane's exploded T-1000, NECAs fully split head T-1000, Liquid metal T-1000 and so far...Cyberdyne and BD T2 T-800s!

so will this come with a scalpel accessory?

I think the days of large lines are gone. Nowadays lines like the Colonial marines (Aliens) or even Rocky w/ all opponents etc. dont seem that likely anymore.

And lately it seems they've been making only one character per NEW(er) licence (Dastan/Perseus/Wolverine/300)...

I think they could've made a few misscalculations by doing larger lines in the past and this might explain the newer approach to things...

I think the sheer volume (for example) of the Iron man-line could be explained with HT's own interest in the line. I mean they even did a 1:1 War-machine, just for the fun of it? + there genuenly seems to be actual demand for that line.
Forgot to add. The initial P2-line went:
P2 + P2 elder + BD P2 (others characters came later)

But nowadays, that HT has seen the demand/popularity of predator-figures (excluding human characters), they could basicly dish one out every 6 months and be sure it'd sell.
Most of them are just simple variants of each other anyway...

Re: Hot Toys Teaser - The Terminator!

That looks pretty bad ass!!! I love T1,2,3> Will be adding this!!!

Ah, ok. New releases for classic movies. If so, then yeah it seems your observation is correct :) I'm wondering if they'll follow the same trend with a Reeves Supes movie, or if it'll be just that DX.

I already have the T2 t800, so I'll probably pass due to finds on this one. But it gives me hope that they'll finally put out another endo! And while they are re-visiting old lines, maybe they can start looking at Rambo!!

I already have the T2 t800, so I'll probably pass due to finds on this one. But it gives me hope that they'll finally put out another endo! And while they are re-visiting old lines, maybe they can start looking at Rambo!!

This.

As for the thread's topic, I'm completely happy with my T2 Arnie but as much as I'd like to say I'll pass on this, I know I won't be able to :( I'm starting to draft my I'm Sorry letter to my wallet now.

It surely will considering the scene being portrayed in the teaser shot.

ahhh what about a damaged eyeball accessory or is that going too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back