Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Teaser - The Terminator!

I concur with that sentiment. The T2 line is full of asskickery, lets not have it be disparaged now just because T1 is here - HUGE though that is.

Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

I want Sarah with exclusive Big Buns. :D

loc21.jpg

Still keeping mine. But at this point, I'm not too worried about getting a T2 T-800 BD.

Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

i think that this picture has more quality,or not?

20100922_153ffdbb0227fc553715yUl9FoX1DJGS.jpg

Time for pjam to post pics of his custom Terminator with animated fly.

It's in my sig, K. Animation by Maulfan.

It's in my sig, K. Animation by Maulfan.

Yeah I meant I wanted to see all of the shots of your awesome custom Terminator fig.

Yep, DiFab´s right.
You´ll regret selling him, cause it´ll be the greatest thing ever seeing the good and the bad side by side...

loc21.jpg

Scooter Sarah in guess jeans at Big Jeff's, nice cap.

Sarah in Big Jeff Nuclear blast Waitress outfit is an option for Sarah. Chocolate cone dump not included. But there are actually quite a few options for a T1 Sarah. Scooter Sarah. Waitress Sarah. Dress up Date Sarah. :lol Escape Sarah w Kyle police trench. Tiki Sarah with pipe bombs. Final battle Sarah with metal press and Endo arm. I do think we'll see one..

loc21.jpg

It's so hilarious the first time they show Sarah with the pretty jingly music against the pretty sunny day and her pink backback!

Looks really good, but I'll stick with T2 Arnie, and only do parts on this one.

Damn it! :gah:

Even though I'm unemployed I might have to find the money for this! I've always wanted an original Terminator (Tech Noir).

PsychoCenobite :horror

Yeah I meant I wanted to see all of the shots of your awesome custom Terminator fig.

Oh, lemme look into that. I have all the pics around somewhere. :D

You sold it for $850? Dayum!

Sadly, I watched T1 for the first time when I was far too young to be watching it (6 years old or so), and the scene with his eye freaked me out as a kid, and no doubt contributed to the psychological trauma that made me the dysfunctional weirdo that I am currently (watching Monty Python's Meaning of Life was far more traumatic, but that's a story for another day).

Wow, this sounds familiar. That really hits home and resonates with me. Especially the psychological trauma part. :rotfl

I was REALLY young when I first saw Terminator. I knew about it because of it's influence on pop culture but I was vaguely familiar with all of it. It was around a year or two after T2 came out so my knowledge of it didn't go past the Kenner figures, Sega Genesis game or the Arcade game.

Still, I remember asking if my dad had the film about "cops and robots". I thought the basic plot of the film was about two cyborgs fighting to become cops or something. I thought the future battlefield that I saw in the game and pinball machine art was of a junk yard, especially with the frames of the cars. Keep in mind I couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 years old. I was obviously more fascinated with the "half man, half machine" concept than I was with the future/past.

So naturally I begged my dad to see a rated R movie. He kept telling me he didn't have it despite the fact that he literally had EVERY film in his entertainment room (all VHS back then). Well my mom had left to go somewhere one day and my dad called me. He had something behind his back and said, "look what I found". He turned it over and it was The Terminator VHS cover. It wasn't those cardboard/paper box slip covers this thing was like a plastic case that you'd find at the library with the little hole in the back.

My dad thought he had done well but initially I knew there was something not quite right about this one. For starters it didn't have the "cop" and if just seemed different. Me being the brat I was, I knew this was the "wrong" version but I watched it anyway.

Of course, I ____ING LOVED IT. The surgery scene, ____ YOU ASS HOLE, closing my eyes when Kyle and Sarah poke, all this stuff on an impressionable child. Lets just say it was a very quotable film for me and it started my journey with rated R films. It freaked the hell out of me but I loved every minute of it.

My mom found out, like most moms do and she wasn't very pleased with my dad. After that she was always getting pissed at him because I'd either be quoting it, pretending to be a terminator or what have you. She soon gave up on trying to tell my dad it was "time for him to go to bed".

But man, even as a kid I understood how gritty it was. I didn't understand the basic concept of it all like John Connor or the technoir aesthetic but I got the dark vibes of the 80s.

That kicked off Terminator 2 when my dad got the VHS special edition for me and we watched it. Finally he got the "right" one, the one I experienced through other media like, again the Kenner toys and micromachines.

They're both equally special to me for different reasons. Terminator being the one where I was peeking through my covered eyes at some robot taking his eye out and Terminator 2 with me being in awe and starting to "get it".

And now here I am. Batman (in the form of the Burton films and MAINLY the Animated Series) and the Terminator were the first things I was into. Batman being first I think (damn I had to have been a year or two old, parents told me I called him "debo") and Terminator being second.

Great stuff.

Last edited:

I'm with you there Difabio ^^

I was 8 when my mom took me out to see the movie at opening night, yes my mom ^^
I still remember walking back home acting cyborg like with my shadow on the ground bigger than me.
I think thats when my love for movies and concept art started.
Especialy with Cameron's movies.
The eighties and the holy Scifi trinity Alien, Terminator, Predator.
This T1 is really something!

This looks incredible. Really excited for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back