Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

Ah, I get nostalgic listening to others' stories about their first Terminator experience. Mine is similar to others in this thread - my uncle had a VHS copy of I think EVERY movie and I was about ten when I first saw Cameron's masterpiece. I was already a big sci-fi geek being brought up on Star Wars so I was intrigued by the futuristic setting, time travel and of course, cyborgs.

Even then, though, like others have said here, I was fascinated by the grim and gritty vision of the future. There were no cures for cancer or warp drives or blue milk, just war - spawned by human ambition and technology, no doubt influenced by the country's prevailng paranoia with nuclear holocaust. This gritty future was explored further albeit tempered in Cameron's Aliens a few years later but at first glance, The Terminator was groundbreaking.

So here we are, over a quarter century and cult empire later, and the Terminator franchise seems to be as gritty and vibrant as ever. And I can't help but think this may have more to do with Hot Toys treatment of this pop-culture icon than the sub-par movie sequels. These incredible figures keep everything that's cool about the films firmly implanted in your mind by allowing to physically hold, pose and mod them as you like. So yeah, I'm picking this one up as well.

Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

But the extra head is from the eye surgery scene, right? And wasn't he using the pliers in that same scene?

Yeah, quiggle is just being really precise/____ (REALLY, ____ IS CENSORED?)

The Terminator goes into the room through the window, turns on the lightbulb. The light shows the damage that has been done. He repairs his arm first, so his eye is still ____ed up and he's wearing the punk clothes.

The next scene, following police station stuff he's done repairing his arm, and is pretty much clean up (Splashed water on his face, has a new grey shirt, etc.). That's when he removes what's left of his eyeball with the x-acto knife.

So I mean TECHNICALLY it's different scenes, same locations, but who cares? Same room, involves surgery, it's just that this figure depicts him as he's working on his arm, hence why the eye is looking down to the side.

I wouldn't count on a two-in-one from T1. If they did that, the line would be done.

Definitely Technoir and Police Station will be separate figures. That's the TWO you'll be getting from T1. And that's it.

I think what we are getting is more in the lines of:
technoir Arnie + '84 Reese + re-sculpt endo (maybe chromed).
With MMS02 already out there I dont think we'll neccessarily see the Police shootout version... would be too similar to the old figure. Just a thought...

Or maybe HT will surprise us with a Toy-Fair exclusive again :D
everyone would love that I'm sure.

I think what we are getting is more in the lines of:
technoir Arnie + '84 Reese + re-sculpt endo (maybe chromed).
With MMS02 already out there I dont think we'll neccessarily see the Police shootout version... would be too similar to the old figure. Just a thought...

Or maybe HT will surprise us with a Toy-Fair exclusive again :D
everyone would love that I'm sure.

The original T-800 police station did not include his AR-18 assault rifle. It has never been made in 1:6 scale except with the Konami die-cast endo.

So I mean TECHNICALLY it's different scenes, same location, but who cares? Same room, involves surgery, it's just that this figure depicts him as he's working on his arm, hence why the eye is looking down to the side.
But in this same scene, he first pulls out the shades, right? So it is conceivable that the shades would come with this figure. . .unless HT wants to make sure people pay the big bucks for the Police Assault version to get them.

Ah, I get nostalgic listening to others' stories about their first Terminator experience. Mine is similar to others in this thread - my uncle had a VHS copy of I think EVERY movie and I was about ten when I first saw Cameron's masterpiece. I was already a big sci-fi geek being brought up on Star Wars so I was intrigued by the futuristic setting, time travel and of course, cyborgs.

Even then, though, like others have said here, I was fascinated by the grim and gritty vision of the future. There were no cures for cancer or warp drives or blue milk, just war - spawned by human ambition and technology, no doubt influenced by the country's prevailng paranoia with nuclear holocaust. This gritty future was explored further albeit tempered in Cameron's Aliens a few years later but at first glance, The Terminator was groundbreaking.

So here we are, over a quarter century and cult empire later, and the Terminator franchise seems to be as gritty and vibrant as ever. And I can't help but think this may have more to do with Hot Toys treatment of this pop-culture icon than the sub-par movie sequels. These incredible figures keep everything that's cool about the films firmly implanted in your mind by allowing to physically hold, pose and mod them as you like. So yeah, I'm picking this one up as well.

:exactly::goodpost::clap:hi5::1-1:

But in this same scene, he first pulls out the shades, right? So it is conceivable that the shades would come with this figure. . .unless HT wants to make sure people pay the big bucks for the Police Assault version to get them.

Yeah after he's done taking his eyeball out he puts the gargoyles on. But I doubt they include them. Not only for the reasons you included but also because they seem focused on the arm repairs, not the eye.

I'm sure there won't be anything included PAST the arm surgery scene. So no grey shirt, no sunglasses, no leather jacket, no head with missing eyeball, none of that.

Damn, DiFabio...that´s one hell of a story, but I got one there too:

I watched The Terminator when I was like 7, or 8 years old and my parents and me were at my Uncle and Aunt for vacation.
They´re watchin´the film and I saw it ´til Arnold got into the police station, so he already did put his eye out and said "I´ll be back".
My parents sent me to bed and the last thing I saw was Arnold crashin´in with the car and squeezin´poor ol´ Officer Austin.
:lol:
(Later I remembered the car to be a Trans Am, but that´s something different^^)
I went to the bunk bed of my cousin and took the lower stage and when I looked outside the window there was the neighbor house and from the corner of it, to the right there was spanning a garland...where every f____n´bulb was broken but one!!! Guess what color it had!!!!!
I was afraid as f__k and ask myself: "What the hell does he want with me", but...it didn´t help it...I was caught.
Some years later my Dad too came with a VHS, but pirated copies of T1 and T2 and then I watched both and it was no Trans Am, but hell...loved the movies and that was my first experience and the hype is unbroken ´til now and never will be.
20 years and still growing...with that...
*beer in hand*
...to us freaks...
*sippin'*

"well, we delivered the bomb" Something about the end of this story reminded me of Quint's Indianapolis speech in Jaws!

The original T-800 police station did not include his AR-18 assault rifle. It has never been made in 1:6 scale except with the Konami die-cast endo.

That doesen't actually mean anything... seems to me like toy manufacturers are quite kean of sticking to guns they can use with multiple figures.
I'm pretty sure that's the reason why Barney Ross doesen't come with his FN F2000. Just an observation.

But the AR-18 is essential to complete the definitive look of the Police Station T-800 so I have no doubt we will get one.

That doesen't actually mean anything... seems to me like toy manufacturers are quite kean of sticking to guns they can use with multiple figures.
I'm pretty sure that's the reason why Barney Ross doesen't come with his FN F2000. Just an observation.
Hot Toys isn't the typical toy manufacturer, though. I'm sure they would like to save money where they can on molds and tooling, but they are about authenticity and quality. Given where they are as a company right now, I can't imagine Police Assault wouldn't come with both the guns he actually used in that scene.

I'm sure there won't be anything included PAST the arm surgery scene. So no grey shirt, no sunglasses, no leather jacket, no head with missing eyeball, none of that.
Ah, so the extra head here has the damaged eye, not yet removed. An important point that I missed. I just saw the blood streaming down. Couldn't tell if the endo eye was there or not.

Police assault version has to be coming, then, to give the head with the endo eye.

If Art Asylum can do it, Hot Toys can.

In fairness, though, AA has been creating new weapon molds out the wazoo. They used to have a single rifle and a single handgun that were used for nearly any new Minimate that required them (Punisher, Nick Fury, etc.). Now, they will do character specific weapons even for reasonably obscure characters.

Figure of the ____ing year. I'm glad I didnt buy the T2 one. Holy ____.....

Agreed. This or Chris Taylor, but I'll give the nod to this simply because it's Terminator.

In fairness, though, AA has been creating new weapon molds out the wazoo. They used to have a single rifle and a single handgun that were used for nearly any new Minimate that required them (Punisher, Nick Fury, etc.). Now, they will do character specific weapons even for reasonably obscure characters.

Yeah that's true.

Lets not forget what Hot Toys did with Bank Robber Joker and the regular purple suited Joker (V1 and/or DX). They included his machine gun with the Bank Robber figure when really, they could have given it to the appropriate "regular" ones.

Who knows what they might have up their sleeve this time. Intentional or not.

"well, we delivered the bomb" Something about the end of this story reminded me of Quint's Indianapolis speech in Jaws!

Cool, thx a lot. That´s kind of a compliment.
:lol

The gargoyle glasses are so part of the Police Station garb -- regardless of the technicality of when he actually first touched them -- that it just has to be included in the black jacket version.

I don't see those coming with this version.

But the AR-18 is essential to complete the definitive look of the Police Station T-800 so I have no doubt we will get one.

Hot Toys isn't the typical toy manufacturer, though. I'm sure they would like to save money where they can on molds and tooling, but they are about authenticity and quality. Given where they are as a company right now, I can't imagine Police Assault wouldn't come with both the guns he actually used in that scene.

Yes, if they make the Police shootout version... why not. But I thought the gun was used here, as a reason/example for why HT would make the figure. As in it would differ enough from MMS02. Sorry if I misunderstood what you were quoting me for.

My waitlist for the t800 was just converted can't wait to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back