Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

with the sunglasses and without blood on the face it could be an option for the police station look but i hope this dont affect to the final look

Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

I never really liked the technoir look ..T2 Arnie in leather is the best and most iconic imo.
Must get the terminator on blueray and watch it again .. it may change my mind.

Arnold allways looks great but i also like much more with leather so i hope to see an Arnold t3 figure by Hot Toys in the near future, i think that the t3 look is awesome (the bad point here is Arnold´s old face)

Re: Hot Toys Teaser - The Terminator!

That looks ace. Hopefully they make an '84 Reese.

Time for pjam to post pics of his custom Terminator with animated fly.

I think HT heard you :)

20100922_153ffdbb0227fc553715yUl9FoX1DJGS.jpg

Think I might eventually sell my T2 Arnold for this. This is the the terminator to me.

:lecture T2 is Child's Play.

Just yesterday i wrote my best wishes to T1 line and look! :eek:
Maybe HT is really finished their T2 line and the next endo we'll see in T1 line. Not bad at all.

I never really liked the technoir look ..T2 Arnie in leather is the best and most iconic imo.
Must get the terminator on blueray and watch it again .. it may change my mind.

I think the main reason I think similarly is because I saw T2 first. Despite the fact that I had seen Predator when I was about 7, and had seen numerous similar movies as a kid, I never saw T1 when I was young.

So by the time I saw T2 and loved it, I watched T1 and simply liked it. At that age, the effects were a lot more important to me, and T1's were clearly more primitive.

I have grown to like T1 much more, and appreciate its effects for their innovation at the time.

The hair looks nearly perfect. His hair did not look like that scene that's posted most of the time he was in tech noir gear.

let's be fair how many of you want Hot Toys to make both Sarah and Kyle so we can recreate the love scene?

I think the main reason I think similarly is because I saw T2 first. Despite the fact that I had seen Predator when I was about 7, and had seen numerous similar movies as a kid, I never saw T1 when I was young.

So by the time I saw T2 and loved it, I watched T1 and simply liked it. At that age, the effects were a lot more important to me, and T1's were clearly more primitive.

I have grown to like T1 much more, and appreciate its effects for their innovation at the time.

:exactly::goodpost:

Arnold allways looks great but i also like much more with leather so i hope to see an Arnold t3 figure by Hot Toys in the near future, i think that the t3 look is awesome (the bad point here is Arnold´s old face)

HT won´t do T3, they said that in an article which was discussed over at the T2 Arnold thread.

let's be fair how many of you want Hot Toys to make both Sarah and Kyle so we can recreate the love scene?

Whatever. I just want to recreate the Tech Noir scene complete with flashing Tech Noir sign.

background.gif

terminator_18xx_31.jpg

Yeah, I guess so, buddy.
I´m sorry.

Well done, KL2.
Almost got the same epileptic feeling up in my brains.
:lol:

Sadly, I watched T1 for the first time when I was far too young to be watching it (6 years old or so), and the scene with his eye freaked me out as a kid, and no doubt contributed to the psychological trauma that made me the dysfunctional weirdo that I am currently (watching Monty Python's Meaning of Life was far more traumatic, but that's a story for another day).

But regarding the iconic nature of the Police Assault, first it is more similar to the pic on the poster (though he isn't wearing a shirt there for some reason), so people consider it more iconic for that reason. Secondly, I think it is intrinsically cooler to be wearing a leather jacket and shades with spikey hair than whatever is going on with Tech Noir. But third, that imagery of Arnold walking through the police station killing folks is probably the most memorable scene from Terminator for most. The slow motion scene with Tech Noir aiming at Sarah is up there, as is the Endo chasing them at the end in the factory and the "flash-forward" scenes with Reese. But I still think the Police Assault has the most impact and is the most memorable. It is for me, anyway.

Jesus, go easy on Uncle Bob guys. Technically it's two different characters anyway. Why do these things have to get replaced so easily? T2 T-800 isn't even a year old and everyone went BAT____ crazy over it when specs and pics hit.

Duh. Why else would anyone want either of those figures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back