Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Teaser - The Terminator!

I think Yulli did another great job on this character.

I am not really digging the hair though, the battle damage sculpt looks really good.

Looks about the right age to me.

t1-theater-card-004.jpg
<--- :lol awww!!..poo

Terminator.jpg

20100922_153ffdbb0227fc553715yUl9FoX1DJGS.jpg

Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

So then theres actually 5 choices for T1 Arnie's head, and the surgery one we're getting was one we hadn't anticipated.

1-Tech Noir

2-Post Tech Noir car chase (singed spiky hair and no eyebrows)

3-DIY surgery scene (left eye now closed and bloodied after Reese shot through the T-800's car windshield)

4-Police station shootout (where T-800 has since removed the left human eye exposing the endo-eye, cleaned the blood from his face and now sports the Gargoyle sunglasses)

5-Fully BD head (well "fully" until all his flesh gets burnt off)

Of the above it seems if any of these are to be left out and not done by Hot Toys its going to be 2-"Post Tech Noir car chase" from before the part where his eye gets damaged.

The assumed police station assault figure will likely have 4 and 5 aswell as alternate 'worn' clothes, BD gloved hands etc.

Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

Please Hot Toys , buy a franchise that make me pass of your figures , i dont have more money !!! :)

A must have x2 for me

Well, you could always use an extra T2 jacket as they are basicly the same style and the BD T-800 jacket had the BIG ugly zipper...
That's why I think a kit-bash would be pretty easy to do if necessary. I'm gonna assume that the Tech Noir version (or, the version of the T800 with an outfit worn both in the Tech Noir club and elsewhere :D ) is coming with the sunglasses. I don't know how different the T1 and T2 leather jackets are, but probably not enough to bother me. Use the alternate Tech Noir head, same pants, same shoes, find approximate versions of the guns, and voila. Of course, it would still be imperfect, and we would miss the extra battle damaged head, which would be a bummer. So this is not an ideal solution. But the Tech Noir was really the tough version to kit-bash, head-sculpt aside, so I'm extremely psyched about this announcement.

If this guy doesn't come with the Gargoyles, however, then I would put money down for getting an official Police Shootout version.

So then theres actually 5 choices for T1 Arnie's head, and the surgery one we're getting was one we hadn't anticipated.

1-Tech Noir

2-Post Tech Noir car chase (singed spiky hair and no eyebrows)

3-DIY surgery scene (left eye now closed and bloodied after Reese shot through the T-800's car windshield)

4-Police station shootout (where T-800 has since removed the left human eye exposing the endo-eye, cleaned the blood from his face and now sports the Gargoyle sunglasses)

5-Fully BD head (well "fully" until all his flesh gets burnt off)

Of the above it seems if any of these are to be left out and not done by Hot Toys its going to be 2-"Post Tech Noir car chase" from before the part where his eye gets damaged.

The assumed police station assault figure will likely have 4 and 5 aswell as alternate 'worn' clothes, BD gloved hands etc.

The pants are the same in all scenes?

By post technoir i think we can agree that it's when he's out of the technoir club. That include the alley, the car chase and motel.
;)

I have a spare T2 T800 leather jacket that could do the trick but design wise i really dig the eighties feel of the T1 Jacket.

Guys, it's funny you alreday thinking about kitbashing.
The figure is in proto state, we can make HT hear us to at least have the jacket, glasses, shirt and 2 extra guns no?
Lets hope we have a good suprise friday...

Last edited:

SO this figure rocks hard, but what will happen with the first time that they sold the BD MMS02 Terminator, will that drop in price or will it rise. I'm just asking because it seems HT never redoes their figures. I guess even HT breaks the rules sometimes.

The pants are the same in all scenes?

Well I was only talking about heads in my post but yes I believe he stays in the same trousers and boots for the whole film. His vest and jacket later change to the plain grey sleeveless and the black leather.

Yeah I bet the singed hair and eye brows headsculpt (with the eyes intact and undamaged) is the one that gets nixed. Oh well. The wounded one is a pleasant surprise.

Well I was only talking about heads in my post but yes I believe he stays in the same trousers and boots for the whole film. His vest and jacket later change to the plain grey sleeveless and the black leather.

Hehe , sorry by my direct question but i was in doubt and i see that you know the outfits

I'm fine if the "clean" singed head got nixed -- I like my Terminators beat up and bloody.

I'll probably still pose this Technoir fig with the bloody eye head.

Awesome, but really, I don't mind having this and the T2 version. They are separate characters, after all.

I'm fine if the "clean" singed head got nixed -- I like my Terminators beat up and bloody.

Yeah I could live with that. The surgery head is indeed a nice surprise as Difabio said. Such a memorable scene, albeit to many who see it now, 'memorable' for its wonky Arnie animatronic!

I want this looks:

terminator1.jpg

terminator1.jpg

but i can pass of this:

terminator1.jpg

I never really liked the technoir look ..T2 Arnie in leather is the best and most iconic imo.
Must get the terminator on blueray and watch it again .. it may change my mind.

Technically that would be under the sunglasses. It would just be a sculpt that looked like Arnold missing an eye with an endo underneath instead of a puppet that hasn't aged well.

Seeing as Hot Toys wouldn't sculpt the sunglasses to the head (they're a separate piece), we'd get that look too.

I never really liked the technoir look ..T2 Arnie in leather is the best and most iconic imo.
Must get the terminator on blueray and watch it again .. it may change my mind.

exactly how I feel. though I may just get it b/c it was the start of something great. pretty sure it's value will increase as well, maybe like the OC batman figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back