Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is one from figuredetails.com. It looks like they've widened the head to answer fan concerns. As close to perfect as one can get, I say.

5157589804_ee67873ce5.jpg

Looking at other angles, I guess it does look like they might've made some changes to the mouth but it might just be the lighting because I don't really see it in this picture. It looks definitely like they've widened the head though.

5157612300_339ccbc922.jpg

I think it's more of a smirk if anything, not a smile, and it might be made for the scene when he says 'I'll be back,' where he kind of smirks like this if memory serves me right...

Still hoping someone has pictures of the revised sculpt for the first head, that's what I'm most interested in. If this one is out there, there has to be pictures of other floating around.

But the sculpt isn't even from that scene.

I seriously don't know if this is a joke or not... :confused:
lmao yeah its not even from that scene. It has to be a joke because no one thats wants to keep their job at Hot Toys would do this.

Its real guys :(
Ive seen the hot toys news letter.
The revised "clean" sculpt looks terrible too.
They have widened the head again and made him look like a deranged monster or something with his new mouth expression.
Hot Toys, Im cancelling my pre-orders on this figure...it was fine before...why widen the head when it needed to be slimmer if anything?
Ultimate fail.

Here I used my Photoshop skills to alter the image more to my liking.
As you can see, the head sculpt would look waaay better without that stupid smirk.
Hot Toys, take note.

Untitled.png

Untitled2-1.png

Last edited:
Yes, that's it. I see what people were saying with the smile now. I think the original is still a good likeness but your photoshop looks more fitting to the movie in general, not just the 'I'll be back' scene. After seeing that, it makes me kind of regret what we'll be getting now.

Last edited:
Yes, that's it. I see what people were saying with the smile now. I think the original is still a good likeness but your photoshop looks more fitting to the movie in general, not just the 'I'll be back' scene.

The original looks terrible with that smirk...how can you not see that?
Anyway, I did my best with the little time I had, and it should be clear to anyone that Hot Toys have got it all wrong with the newly revised sculpt.
My quick photoshop edit clearly proves that.

Any concerns of Preordering this or not is gone. This is a major pass. It was fine the way it was before. But to make it a lot worse. Did the Terminator smile at all in the first movie? WTF is that smirk? EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!

I think it's more of a smirk if anything, not a smile, and it might be made for the scene when he says 'I'll be back,' where he kind of smirks like this if memory serves me right...

Still hoping someone has pictures of the revised sculpt for the first head, that's what I'm most interested in. If this one is out there, there has to be pictures of other floating around.

Nope, he didn't smirk. The first time that the T-800 smiled is in T2. And I agree, unless T-800 somehow became a Super Saiyan, this is an absolutely stupid sculpt. I'm really hoping HT's making a very early April Fool's Day. For the love of God, somebody please tell me that this is a joke.

Back