Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i still think that straight eyes and opened jacket looks much better.

straighteyes.jpg

when eyes are up and jacket is closed (like many people display it), he seems to be praying "oh god i'm so cold, send me warm weather please".

i still think that straight eyes and opened jacket looks much better.

Nah, I think the eyes are just fine as is. The Terminator always had that cold stare with his head slightly lowered. An example would be when he's closing in on Sarah at Tech Noir.

The eyes are straight if you tilt the neck and head down,

018-3.jpg

046-1.jpg

013-5.jpg

He's looking into our souls.

always?...
we have different movies.

This punk version of him did.

First shot of him before he picks up the station wagon, head tilted, nasty look. Aiming and killing the wrong Sarah, lowered head, aiming. Killing Ginger, looking down head tilted.

I could go on and on.

Yeah, he looks up at Reese with that "shocked" expression when he's behind the bar, but how are you going to achieve that smart ass? You can't sharpie in an expression.

This punk version of him did.

First shot of him before he picks up the station wagon, head tilted, nasty look. Aiming and killing the wrong Sarah, lowered head, aiming. Killing Ginger, looking down head tilted.

I could go on and on.
i'd add that skeleton also did it. going out of fire, than catching the pair near the ladder.
but always?... i'd say "sometimes".
and the toyhead does it always. it bothered me. so i got 2 heads - regular and straight :)
for some reason i like the straight-eyes head more.

First shot of him before he picks up the station wagon, head tilted, nasty look.
yes.

Aiming and killing the wrong Sarah, lowered head, aiming.
?

a24eea521446.jpg

eae944f20150.jpg

Killing Ginger, looking down head tilted.
?

20e9974c612c.jpg

0bc3c6ad326f.jpg

Yeah, he looks up at Reese with that "shocked" expression when he's behind the bar, but how are you going to achieve that smart ass?
no need to use "shocked expressions".

934b539d54c6.jpg

smart ass
no need to use those expressions, too.

so...
The Terminator always had that cold stare with his head slightly lowered.
we have different movies.

and, looking at those scenes, i keep him with jacket opened, eyes straight, as i mentioned, because i like it more. as i mentioned again.

straighteyes.jpg

Last edited:
and, looking at those scenes, i keep him with jacket opened, eyes straight, as i mentioned, because i like it more. as i mentioned again.

straighteyes.jpg

And oddly enough, even with all your alterations your Terminator is the worst I've seen. It's the most toy like of them all.

And oddly enough, even with all your alterations your Terminator is the worst I've seen. It's the most toy like of them all.
very easy to happen. crappy camera and absolutely no abilities to use it professionally will always make any of my photos to be the worst on this board. and your strange hate has nothing to do with it :)
...or with your use of the word "always" when it shouldn't be :)

I gotta agree. Altering the eyes like that looks like crap and strips the sculpt of any menace it has. Reminds me less of a Terminator scowl and more of Arnold's expression when taking ballet lessons in Pumping Iron.

very easy to happen. crappy camera and absolutely no abilities to use it professionally will always make any of my photos to be the worst on this board. and your strange hate has nothing to do with it :)
...or with your use of the word "always" when it shouldn't be :)

Photography skills or lack thereof, has nothing to do with it.

The pose is bad, the fitting of the clothes is bad etc. You've made all these alterations where you cut and trim parts of the chest, fold pockets, color in the eyes and for what?

I'm sorry but you post pictures of your figure as if everyone should be adhering to your look. It's almost as if you're bothered by others not caring about little nitpicky things like a stud here or a centimeter fold there.

And you always do it to. Today is the best example. Nobody even discussed the "problems" you see and then you come in blabbing about how you "still think that straight eyes and opened jacket looks much better" and that "when eyes are up and jacket is closed (like many people display it), he seems to be praying "oh god i'm so cold, send me warm weather please" for the thousandth time.

You're either mentally ill or trolling. Nobody cares about the eyes or jacket placement, only you.

previously some people liked the small mods i did, but i'll remember your post and better stay away of sharing something. pity, but if you express it so and i have no wish to argue, that's the best.
and at least you've got some new things about the movie that you didn't remember :)
p.s.
others not caring about little nitpicky things like a stud here or a centimeter fold there.
actually some people here do care "about little nitpicky things". their notes were always very useful for me. so you are not correct in this part about "little things" :)

Back