Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm one of those, i hope to score Jacket and sunglasses, and AR180 from ebay (The rest is covered by MMS136, and i already have the SPAS12) , if the head sculpt is too cool to miss out i will buy the entire figure though.

Im one of those too...kind of.
I mostly get just one version of each figure because I cant help thinking that displaying more than one of the same character looks...wrong somehow.
Very stupid I know, but thats just me.
I think its fine when they arent displayed close to each other though.
Crazy, I know!

I can think of a few reasons.

1.) Price increase, may be a turn off to some people. Especially those that have to watch how much they spend and make sacrifices. I'm sure there are a ton of fans that would LOVE to have this figure but unfortunately couldn't afford it.

And the biggest one,

2.) Holding out for the Police Station Shootout T-800. I love the Tech Noir version, probably about the same as the shootout version, but lets face it, the gargoyles and leather jacket are more iconic. Not every collector is as crazy as us. If they want ONE T-800 I'm sure it will be the "sunglasses" version to represent their Terminator collection.

I know quite a few collectors that don't like having multiple characters in their display and prefer ONE definitive version so between the Tech Noir and Police Shoot out, I'm sure the latter will be more popular.

Aye i only want 1 Arnie T-800 and i prefer the look of the T2, the headsculpt isnt as nice but i can live with it.

Also i really am trying to limit myself to how many figs i buy as i want to buy a new PCso im saving lol.

This thread inspired me to post a rant. I didn't want to post it in here because I wanted everyone to see it, not just T1 fans. So if you're interested in the ramblings you inspired in a mad man, feel free to click here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2871907#post2871907

I agree with your rant. Complaints interest me even when I don't share them :dunno maybe I'm wierd.

This forum is getting very intolerant of people who voice any kind of negative opinion.

And the funny thing is, there hasn't actually been much of any nitpicking about this figure. But there has been preemptive complaining about these phantom nitpickers.

Im one of those too...kind of.
I mostly get just one version of each figure because I cant help thinking that displaying more than one of the same character looks...wrong somehow.
Very stupid I know, but thats just me.
I think its fine when they arent displayed close to each other though.
Crazy, I know!

This is my first figure to buy a second one for the same character.
Since this one is from T1 and the other from T2 maybe i can display them at the same time, I have not decided yet :p

They never existed in the same timeline so it feels strange to display them at the same time, maybe in the future when i have a dedicated movie room and i can display all of my figures at the same time i can have a T2 shelf and a T1 shelf, then it will feel more ok, for me atleast.

Hey! That's right. John was a little blurred and so was the T-1000! That was before the T-1000 came out too. Damn I forgot all about that.

There where pics of John when pics like these where revealed for the T2 T-800, still hasn't seen a John so i wouldn't count on it just because of those pics.

Exactly, I wouldn't get hopes up from these articles unless they have quotes from HT saying for certain something's being made.

oooh and there's the pic of Sarah, this is a great day!!

Can someone blow up and post those here so we can tell if it's a proto or screen grab?

Exactly, I wouldn't get hopes up from these articles unless they have quotes from HT saying for certain something's being made.

:lecture

And don't get too excited unless we hear something from HT. Tommy hinted there'd be a Nurse Joker, remember?

Can someone blow up and post those here so we can tell if it's a proto or screen grab?

And don't get too excited unless we hear something from HT. Tommy hinted there'd be a Nurse Joker, remember?

It's a screen grab.

I think he means post blow ups of he MILK pages like some people have been able to before like TDK Batman and Barney Ross.

Oh, I thought he said he wanted it to see if it was a photo or screen grab. Must have read it wrong.

Anyway, here's the shot down in the corner.

MV5BMTI4MjUyODg3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDg1MzI3._V1._SX475_SY338_.jpg

yes please Reese it is an instant sell out, there might be a second wave needed for the demand!

I think you guys are being unfair when you say T2 sculpt is crap.

But I agree that T1 sculpt #1 should look more like this

2.jpg

:lecture
The sculpt needs tweaking.
Every time they do it looks better.
The hair line and eyes need attention at least.
Once they do this figure will be HT's Magnum Opus, at least until they bring out their next figure.

well they show police shootout scene but what is that picture of the guys in suits? is that traxler and wujovich?

that is the first time I see that photo but how come there looks like a red beam coming out the longside? is that's why they increased the price of this figure?

Back