Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure should be sold for $300 IMO.With Zero Modification.Its perfect.Only nitpick is THAT IT SHOULD SELL FOR WAY MORE.

HOT TOYS PLEASE RAISE YOUR PRICES ON FUTURE BAD ASS OFFERINGS.

This figure should be sold for $300 IMO.With Zero Modification.Its perfect.Only nitpick is THAT IT SHOULD SELL FOR WAY MORE.

HOT TOYS PLEASE RAISE YOUR PRICES ON FUTURE BAD ASS OFFERINGS.

:yess:................time for a happy dance
napoleon_dynamite.gif

Well thats awesome if you want to pose him au natural, but I dont believe most of us do. If he's wearing the Tech Noir outfit then he should look like he did wearing the outtfit. But thats just the opinion of a consumer who's ready to part with almost $200 of my hard earned dough.

Oh well that ruins the whole figure then doesn't it??!

I'm sure his hair was like this in a few scenes at Tech Noir. Doubt his hair stayed exactly in that shape shooting the Uzi or been blasted with Reese's shot gun.

So it's looks like you will have your Tech Noir look after all!
Which entirely resides in his hair parting apparantly! :lol

yeah if you dont like the hair style as much just switch to the other head with the singed eyeball.

Its already been mentioned plenty of times.
And Ive already given all my nit picks about this figure(trust me, im VERY nit-picky) but im too excited to worry about them...especially seeing as this figure is good enough as it is in my opinion.(i can easily live with the nit-picks i have)
Sure, id like hot toys to address all my nit-picks and make the figure even more movie accurate but im not worried enough about them to be honest so i'll leave it up to you guys to try and get hot toys to listen....im taking a back seat for a change.
Good luck guys. I hope you can make them improve it...but I wont be disappointed at all if they dont either.

My many small nit-picks:

Head sculpt:

the hair parting needs to be less centred on the head.(i think)
the hair should not go over the forehead so much.
the face should be slightly longer or thinner(not really sure)
the nose looks too short
the eyes need tweaking a bit

Jacket:

the black buttons should look different
the metal studs on the black leather parts of the jacket are too big and are in the wrong pattern

Shirt:

the pattern is "wrong"(well not really, as it varies throughout the film anyway)
the word "Modern" is written as the word "Mode" on the figures shirt
the neck area is too tight and should be more loose fitting

Trousers:

they look like the wrong colour(although its hard to tell from photos so im not sure)
the pockets have the wrong design(i think)

And there you go.
The main reasons I even noticed such small details in the 1st place is because I have tried replicating this look before in my custom Technoir T800...and you get to know these things like the back of your hand while making a custom.

Good points. I really doubt that HT is gonna make any changes on the head sculpt even if many of us didn't like it. I'm new to this hobby so I haven't exactly followed HT's tactics of releasing figures.

Are you talking about any of these?

That's the T-1000 one, yep. Thank you.

Now was there ever a blurred pic of a kid John? Maybe I was getting mixed up with that pic since it has the image of John on it.

Oh well that ruins the whole figure then doesn't it??!

I'm sure his hair was like this in a few scenes at Tech Noir. Doubt his hair stayed exactly in that shape shooting the Uzi or been blasted with Reese's shot gun.

So it's looks like you will have your Tech Noir look after all!
Which entirely resides in his hair parting apparantly! :lol

No, no it doesnt ruin the whole figure.
Yeah I get his hair changes from scene to scene, thanks btw for that cinematic insight, but HT went overboard with the length and fullness
of his hair. Add that to all the little "offs" about the sculpt and it detracts as a whole for some of us.
Werent some of you the same group of "good enoughs" in the Blade thread before they made the changes?:wave

can you change the number of chain loops? The movie had 97 loops and I think HT has 99.

LOL

I know youre just being sarcastic, but that would be the kind of detail I go for in creating customs.
But I dont expect Hot Toys to go for that amount of detail unlike some people do.

Anyway, this is a quick MS Paint edit to show different hair and longer nose.
Im not even sure if it would be better or not though....

mod1q2.jpg

And about the hair, as people have already mentioned, it changes throughout the film. The only thing that matters is that the style and colour is correct...which it is by the looks of it.

LOL

I know youre just being sarcastic, but that would be the kind of detail I go for in creating customs.
But I dont expect Hot Toys to go for that amount of detail unlike some people do.

Anyway, this is a quick MS Paint edit to show different hair and longer nose.
Im not even sure if it would be better or not though....

mod1q2.jpg

And about the hair, as people have already mentioned, it changes throughout the film. The only thing that matters is that the style and colour is correct...which it is by the looks of it.

Crude, but better still...:wink1:

Back