Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not so much the "nitpicking" thats been PICKING my ass here, its 1 or 2 twat sticks that keep posting stupid questions, making retarded recommendations and KNOW NOTHING about the film. Thats my issue. Nitpicking is damn annoying (when its stupid) but this isn't the issue.

Nothing is wrong with nitpicking a $150 toy - if you're paying $150 for it it better be as accurate as it can be!

That being said, I don't mind the hair or anything else. I think this one looks great :)

Its not so much the "nitpicking" thats been PICKING my ass here, its 1 or 2 twat sticks that keep posting stupid questions, making retarded recommendations and KNOW NOTHING about the film. Thats my issue. Nitpicking is damn annoying (when its stupid) but this isn't the issue.

:lecture

This thread needs a diaper change.:lol

A message from Arnold to everyone in this thread,

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/oA0IpS_3S-0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/oA0IpS_3S-0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This sort of thing is why I think it can be fun to share our personal takes on these figures, but, in the end, it's all subjective, so for a lot of "fixes", I oppose fighting to get Hot Toys to do them.

Something like, he uses a knife in the movie and the figure doesn't come with it, ok, point that out.

Something like forehead could be lower or face longer, that's where our personal views come into play, and personal views are precisely why sculpts can seem off.

While some of the best sculptors can get amazing likenesses, they're all off in some way, no one can 100% perfectly sculpt another person's face, it's just impossible, each artist will have personal style and view influences in their work that prevent it from being exact. Only a 3D digital scan of the actual head could give you 100% exactness.

This thread is a testament, some see this portrait fine as is, others see major issues. Neither is wrong, we all see things differently. In the end, it's Hot Toys' representation, it won't be perfect for everyone, and ultimately, you either buy it cuz you're happy with it or you move on and buy things you are happy with, they simply can't satisfy everyone.

Well its not even people seeing 'major' issues. Yeah I've always thought yulli makes Arnie's face too squashed but I still think the likeness is there on each of the sculpts shes done. But somehow by airing that viewpoint, and even balancing it with praise of the good points, its bringing down the thread and no one remembers any of the praise you gave it, only the negative stuff you said. Then you're labelled all sorts.

I love discussing everything about a figure I'm interested in, good and bad, whether I agree or not with every opinion expressed. Maybe I'm wierd.

This sort of thing is why I think it can be fun to share our personal takes on these figures, but, in the end, it's all subjective, so for a lot of "fixes", I oppose fighting to get Hot Toys to do them.

Something like, he uses a knife in the movie and the figure doesn't come with it, ok, point that out.

Something like forehead could be lower or face longer, that's where our personal views come into play, and personal views are precisely why sculpts can seem off.

While some of the best sculptors can get amazing likenesses, they're all off in some way, no one can 100% perfectly sculpt another person's face, it's just impossible, each artist will have personal style and view influences in their work that prevent it from being exact. Only a 3D digital scan of the actual head could give you 100% exactness.

This thread is a testament, some see this portrait fine as is, others see major issues. Neither is wrong, we all see things differently. In the end, it's Hot Toys' representation, it won't be perfect for everyone, and ultimately, you either buy it cuz you're happy with it or you move on and buy things you are happy with, they simply can't satisfy everyone.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
This is EXACTLY what I said around about the time I gave my 1st "nit-picks"(page 134 and 137)....its all subjective and everyone has their own representation of "perfect"...therefore, no one is right and no one is wrong...perfection is impossible in so many ways.
You just said it better than I did.
But the part where you said "you either buy it cuz you're happy with it or you move on and buy things you are happy with, they simply can't satisfy everyone." was a bit unneeded as ive probably read every post on this thread and i cant remember anyone saying theyre not buying it and that they arent happy with it(except for the ones who just arent buying it regardless)
the majority of us are just pointing these things out in exactly the same way as the barney knife.
Personally, ive already gave all my nit picks and got them out the way.
I didnt expect people to react so...sensitive about it.
I just wanted to point it out...nothing more.
I did kind of expect more people to prefer my representation of it to be honest but it seems they prefer the sculpt as it is, which is perfectly fine by me too as its awesome enough.
Ok, im done. sorry for the messy post.

Well its not even people seeing 'major' issues. Yeah I've always thought yulli makes Arnie's face too squashed but I still think the likeness is there on each of the sculpts shes done. But somehow by airing that viewpoint, and even balancing it with praise of the good points, its bringing down the thread and no one remembers any of the praise you gave it, only the negative stuff you said. Then you're labelled all sorts.

I love discussing everything about a figure I'm interested in, good and bad, whether I agree or not with every opinion expressed. Maybe I'm wierd.

Again, a-dev, I cant agree more with every word of that my friend :) spot on.
Going back to read how this all started, I really do think people have completely overreacted.
At least I know not to ever give my opinions again LOL

Last edited:
They charge enough to be critisized but what bothers me is everytime I go into a thread ( and I don't mean this one since it's actually been ok in here imo ) people seem to mostly be moaning about what isn't right rather than discussing how amazing the rest of the figure is when I think it should be the other way around really.
I feel like I can't join in with a lot of the conversations to do with hot toys stuff a lot anymore since it just all seems to be about accuracy or lack of it rather.

Ah good... It's been over a week since I've checked this thread and it's still crap. I'll check back when it's released in Hong Kong so I can see me some pics.

Lil newb heavy up in here....

I think then we need 2 threads per figure - one that allows the expression of negative viewpoints and which goes into detail about accuracy and another thread for nothing but praise and various uplifting smilies.

I always wonder why there is so much discussion about the figure at this point. It'll be months before it's in hand.

I know its coming and my order has been placed... now I'll just wait for the first overseas pictures to show up in a few months. So much better than obsessing about minor details that will likely not be altered on a prototype :lol

I think then we need 2 threads per figure - one that allows the expression of negative viewpoints and which goes into detail about accuracy and another thread for nothing but praise and various uplifting smilies.

I say we need two threads, but this would be my suggestion; one where people endlessly debate boring details with one another. And a second that is only updated when there is some real information :lol

Ah good... It's been over a week since I've checked this thread and it's still crap. I'll check back when it's released in Hong Kong so I can see me some pics.

Lil newb heavy up in here....

Well excuse me, how would you like us noobs to behave?
What would you like from this thread exactly?

and hicks.
this is not an excuse or anything but maybe the reason why I concentrate on the "negative" things is because im an artist and thats what we do to improve ours and others work.
I usually only visit art-type forums and this is what we do all the time.
on the wayofthepixel forum, we post our work especially for critique.
and on the ZFGC(zelda fan game central)forum, the coders post their code for critique and bug testing...they want us to find all the faults we can.
I know this forum is not about that, but its just something im used to doing so forgive me. The thing is, I have already gave LOTS of positive praise to this figure also(way more than ive nit-picked actually) yet no-one seems to respond to any positive things said...they only seem to be able to read the negative comments.
ok, im really tired. im out of here for a while.

I say we need two threads, but this would be my suggestion; one where people endlessly debate boring details with one another. And a second that is only updated when there is some real information :lol

This. :lecture
Everytime I see a new post its another person moaning about how thin something is , how the shape of the head is wrong , or how the jacket is to short.

Everytime I see a new post its another person moaning about how thin something is , how the shape of the head is wrong , or how the jacket is to short.

Hell the second post in this thread was someone saying they just changed the hair on the T2 sculpt when it clearly wasn't :lol

The figure looks awesome. The BEST Terminator figure yet.

well every time i read a new post, its basically some one moaning "every post is a nit-pick post"...

This needs to stop.

do you think James Cameron would have approved this figure as currently shown in the sample photos? probably not.

Back