Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am. HT make figures i need using money from figures you need. nice symbiosis.

So I just watched Terminator again, (for like the 2000th time) But just realized (I know, kick me.) That his hair and eyebrows and singed due to the car exploding when Kyle shoots it. I never noticed that before, and that's why his hair is shorter (I thought he had cut it himself at some point off camera) You'd think I would have noticed this after 2o some odd years.

i never noticed that before, but you right

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QvUaWsvU4-M?fs=1&hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QvUaWsvU4-M?fs=1&hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Well after watching Salvation for about the tenth time I noticed Marcus was born on the same day as me. Boooyah!

that was August 22 1975 if I remember correctly. which would make Marcus 43 in 2018 (although obviously he stopped aging of course) and Connor would be around 33.

Well after watching Salvation for about the tenth time I noticed Marcus was born on the same day as me. Boooyah!

I noticed you called it "Salvation" instead of "Terminator Salvation". Good man. :hi5: There is an unknown fact that many have yet to know, there were only 2 Terminator films made. :exactly:

I really enjoyed Salvation but I just can't picture Bale as Terminator material at all. Though he was starting to become more convincing when he was in looking for Reese.

Williams was real yummy, one of the other reasons I had also bought T3 on DVD way back because of Claire Danes. :panic:

moon_bloodgood.jpg
Claire+Danes+hairstyle.jpg

Yeah I know T3 and TS didn't live up to T1 and T2 standards, and T3 humps T1 and T2 continuity like a rabid horny dog that hasn't got laid in 10 years, but they were mildly entertaining and didn't suck that bad, I mean they aren't tripe.

So I just watched Terminator again, (for like the 2000th time) But just realized (I know, kick me.) That his hair and eyebrows and singed due to the car exploding when Kyle shoots it. I never noticed that before, and that's why his hair is shorter (I thought he had cut it himself at some point off camera) You'd think I would have noticed this after 2o some odd years.
:clap
wow. i've really been wondering how he changed so dramatically. thanks for clearing that up for me. i feel so stupid now for never noticing that :lol

I'm certainly capable of not noticing very obvious things but the change of Arnie's hairstyle in T1, and how it happened, wasn't one of them. I rule all. :hi5:myself

I noticed you called it "Salvation" instead of "Terminator Salvation". Good man. :hi5: There is an unknown fact that many have yet to know, there were only 2 Terminator films made. :exactly:
:lol It kinda does stop at T2 for me, T3 doesn't even enter my train of thought. I like Salvation though!

So I take it hat you liked it? Good...so did I!:hi5:
Yeah I really like it, great film for what it is.

THis figure is cool, but when I first saw it I wondered why they went with the bloody flap eye instead of the much cooler option of an exposed robot eye. Then I realized if they had included that, there would be nothing to offer as an exclusive extra when they release a Kyle Reese figure.

there was only 1 terminator film made. the rest were kindergartor films.

THis figure is cool, but when I first saw it I wondered why they went with the bloody flap eye instead of the much cooler option of an exposed robot eye. Then I realized if they had included that, there would be nothing to offer as an exclusive extra when they release a Kyle Reese figure.

That head won't come with Kyle Reese, it'll come with the surely inevitable Police station assault version of T-800 with the Gargoyle sunglasses - that along with the Battledamaged head from the tanker chase scene.

However there is one possible headsculpt that could be added to Kyle Reese or even Sarah Connor - the burnt off eyebrows, singed spiky hair but both eyes intact look.

I don't think Kyle Reese needs that added incentive to buy him so personally I hope Hot Toys decide to make T1 Sarah and add the extra T-800 headsculpt there if anywhere. However the really ideal bonus with Sarah, as has already been mentioned a few times, would be the blown in half endoskeleton. That would surely guarantee that more people would buy the otherwise boring T1 Sarah figure.

While it was only for a small ammount of screen time, I wonder if they'll ever pack in a head with the singed brows and spiked hair but both eyes intact like he was in the patrol car.

One thing I love about T1 is how place and time (1984 Los Angeles) is an actual character in the film (similar to Blade Runner or Taxi Driver or Escape from NY). It's a dark, gritty neon world populated by urban punks. We always refer to post-apocalyptic, but 1984 feels almost pre-apocalyptic. A modern society in decay.

Back