Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really sure why they would have changed the expression, I thought the expression of the prototype worked great to depict him from most of the scenes in this costume, though I do admit a few moments like the shot from Tech Noir and when he's pulled his fist from the one punk guy at the start, he has a bit more intensity to his eyes, but it's like focus and determination.

Maybe it's just a new paintjob without changing the sculpt. I always thought that the eyes weren't right on this figure.

I've put an order in, not sure I'll keep him, I'm still 50/50, I think what else is going on with me when shipping time comes, if I can conveniently keep the order, I think I will be.

Yeah alot of times it comes down to that. I think this thing will look killer in person.

What's swaying me is that I actual find the figure looks better with this costume than Arnie does with it in the movie, still prefer the biker look, but this figure actually looks pretty cool to me.

I'm sure the quality of the sculpt and likeness will be equal, it'll just be a matter of do people like and agree with the emotional expression or not.

I'm mostly concerned about likeness. There are no guarantees in this world. OMG didn't say anything about the likeness being off, so that's encouraging.

I would be alright with an angrier expression, though I've gotten accustomed to the one they've shown us. Would be nice to get both. . .

The "@200%" comment worries me a bit. Anything angrier than that screen shot you posted would be a bit of overkill, IMO.

That's why I commented hoping they don't go too far, I'm hoping OMG's comment was more an expression of his enthusiasm about how cool it looks and not a true description of the sculpt relative to that photo, 200% of that is more than Arnie ever did in any Terminator movie.

At this point I would say the Arnie heads will probably stay consistent, with Yulli doing them, I'm sure she's got a rhythm to doing them, like Ledger Jokers and Stallone portraits, as long as she's doing them, I'm sure they'll all pretty much look the same, Dutch, T-800.

I have to agree, they'll all have this same issue (not 'an issue' to some people of course).

I'm wondering about the T2 and T1 full BD sculpts though - will the overly short Arnie faces have any impact on how they sculpt the endoskull - will it too end up looking squashed? As it is it won't be 'to scale' with the existing endoskeleton figure's skull. That annoys me about the MMS117 actually - they bothered to scale the endo-arm to the forearms of our existing endo figures and yet the endoskull wouldn't even come close to theoretically fitting inside the Arnie headsculpt.

Back