Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really hoping this releases in September. I'm very excited for this figure. Have him on order and used a Welcome Coupon from SS that I haven't used yet so thought it would be necessary to use it on him.

That and it's just not very popular.

Here we go again, the "He's not very popular garbage" yet again.

How many times does this need to be pointed out? HT has some huge sellers, they are IM/AVENGERS, BATMAN, SUPERMAN and SPIDERMAN.

They are huge sellers. But don't take my word for it, check for yourself. Cap:A, Widow, Thor, were all available for a fair amount of time even after the movie came and went on Bluray/DVD, but they still all sold out and have continued to do so. Spiderman will be no different.

Are some people holding of because of the unrevealed head sculpt? Probably, but that will change too as soon as it's shown officially on sites various. As I recall it got a majority thumbs up, with folks making up customs of Skateboarding Parker that just required the head.

That's all I am going to say on this. If you want to continue to believe this snoop, then that's your right to do so. But I think that you will be disappointed/surprised...take your pick.

I think I agree that popularity means everything. I saw this in the Zod thread. I assume it was taken from the recent interview with Howard.

Q2. Since the movie MOS was a worldwide success, do you plan to make other character figure besides Superman, Jor EL, General Zod? Faora?

A. Maybe, Depends on the success of the MOS figures.

This tells me that the sales of a figures matter to what is additionally made from that license. Which of course makes for smart business. As much as I am surprised by this, I don't think Spiderman and Wolverine sell as well as Batman and Iron Man. Thats why we don't get many figures from those licenses.

Last edited:
Makes perfect sense to me, that's how I would do it. We'll never know, but I would guess that the presales for this figure didn't do all that great (because it's so ugly, and all) otherwise this would be out by now. That said, I agree that once OMG's photos come out they'll sell a bunch more. Although now with ASM2 looming, there are probably a number of people who canceled this because they like the new suit better, which I can understand.

Personally I'm still patiently waiting for my ASM figure.....I love the ugly suit too. It's different.

Back