1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

It looks nice.
But it seems to have gone the opposite direction from Hot Toys and made the body smaller than it should be.
Not putting it down.
It's great. But when i look at the HT sculpt... I am content to wait and get the real thing!(And i'll probably get my 4 HT MOS figures for what the Moe one costs..)

1000813_10200819795851234_767409599_n.jpg

Didn't see this one before.

SnakeDoc

Thanks for sharing that. Hope HT can reduce the thickness of the s shield.

Nice picture, excited to get this to put along with 78 Superman!

Once this finally comes out I think it will be top notch. They will continue to work out the kinks for the final release.

No offense to Moe b/c I can tailor from scratch at all but this thing needs and undersuit bad. Ppl may complain about the HT one being "fat" but that undersuit keeps those joints from being seen like there in that custom. That custom MoS suit wouk greatly benefit from a slightly padded undersuit to help hide all those joints.

Yes, I remember that line, but come on, where in the real world are you going to hire a reporter who doesn't have a ton of diploma to justify it. And he's not even an intern, he goes straight up to full-fledge reporter! (Unless they dubbed it wrong in the French version)

This and the "superman doesn't kill" stuff makes me laugh when I read it. Why? B/c in the Donner films, ppl just accept that he works at the planet. No one questions how he got the job or anything. Hell, he spent what, 12years(?) in the fortress supposedly learning so now he's qualified to be a journalist? We don't even get the slight lead that we got in MoS about him wanting to be able to hear about reports on the spot on not be questioned when leaving to dangerous places. But nope, it's ok b/c it's the Reeve/Donner flick. Reeve can kill a powerless 'human' Zod, Non, Ursa and everyone walks away smiling about it but when it's done in MoS everyone is all up in arms about it, but it's ok, b/c it was the Donner films :lol

Last edited:

Hope HT can reduce the thickness of the s shield.

I agree. The S-shield being that thick might result to it peeling off the suit as it's too heavy/strong for the fabric to hold while trying to keep a curve for the chest.

Still am! :blissy Just got put off by the movie debate for a while. :lol

:lol

You got this PO'd yet, buddy?

I agree. The S-shield being that thick might result to it peeling off the suit as it's too heavy/strong for the fabric to hold while trying to keep a curve for the chest.

I don't think that will happen. All of my HT Superman returns shields have stayed on all these years with no sign of pealing. I'm confident this versions 's' shield won't peal either

It looks nice.
But it seems to have gone the opposite direction from Hot Toys and made the body smaller than it should be.
Not putting it down.
It's great. But when i look at the HT sculpt... I am content to wait and get the real thing!(And i'll probably get my 4 HT MOS figures for what the Moe one costs..)

I'll soon have a vacation and one of my first task is sculpting an entirely new neck and head for this! Not sure I can do better, but I sure will try! :wink1:

No offense to Moe b/c I can tailor from scratch at all but this thing needs and undersuit bad. Ppl may complain about the HT one being "fat" but that undersuit keeps those joints from being seen like there in that custom. That custom MoS suit wouk greatly benefit from a slightly padded undersuit to help hide all those joints.

This and the "superman doesn't kill" stuff makes me laugh when I read it. Why? B/c in the Donner films, ppl just accept that he works at the planet. No one questions how he got the job or anything. Hell, he spent what, 12years(?) in the fortress supposedly learning so now he's qualified to be a journalist? We don't even get the slight lead that we got in MoS about him wanting to be able to hear about reports on the spot on not be questioned when leaving to dangerous places. But nope, it's ok b/c it's the Reeve/Donner flick. Reeve can kill a powerless 'human' Zod, Non, Ursa and everyone walks away smiling about it but when it's done in MoS everyone is all up in arms about it, but it's ok, b/c it was the Donner films :lol

Well, it's not so obvious in person really, and the suit looks much better than that. It's darker and shinier and I guess the shiny quality makes it worse in pictures than in hand. I assure you it's awesome. But it's a custom, so don't expect HT quality.

As for the comparison between the Donner films and Snyder's, I really don't think your argument is valid. Donner's are from another era, and slightly campy. It doesn't strive for verisimilitude, which Snyder claims to be looking for. The best way to get suspension of disbelief in a total fiction is to get what could be real as real as possible.

But again, just nitpicking. I love the film and have already preordered it!:)

Is it me or is the shield insanely thick? Not trying to stir the hornet's nest, but I never saw that before.

I doubt it'll be much of an issue. We're probably talking about fractions of a millimeter between "perfect" and "insanely thick". It might ought to be a half-millimeter thinner ... but, if they have to make it a bit too thick to make it work, I'd still rather have the separate shield than them try to print it on the fabric.

SnakeDoc

I don't think that will happen. All of my HT Superman returns shields have stayed on all these years with no sign of pealing. I'm confident this versions 's' shield won't peal either

Sounds good, and that's great to know :)

They may thin it. They thinned Spidey's ridiculously thick spider symbol (among other fantastic changes).

Back