1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Some people just like to complain. I remember seeing hot toys being blasted for their continuous delays on those same Facebook pages. Now people are complaining the figures are too early?? LOL

:exactly::goodpost:. I seen people complaining about the body being too big. Because the pic they showed was still the one from the very first prototype. I'm thinking if your into this hobby and want this figure. How can they not know that the body has been fixed since July ? Lol

Yeah. It's really confusingly funny. I think at the end of the day, we are still responsible when it comes to handling our Pre-Orders, delayed, early, or on time. When I saw people complain about this being early I thought, "should I also complain to Hot Toys for making DX13 far better than the protos? It's giving me a headache since I want it now but I didn't PO for I wasn't too impressed with the proto so should I swallow marked-up prices a single cent of which is not even on my budget?"

Yup.
If you can't afford it, don't PO. It's not HT's fault. haha

Just because you can pay for it doesn't mean you can afford to own it.

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Yeah. It's really confusingly funny. I think at the end of the day, we are still responsible when it comes to handling our Pre-Orders, delayed, early, or on time. When I saw people complain about this being early I thought, "should I also complain to Hot Toys for making DX13 far better than the protos? It's giving me a headache since I want it now but I didn't PO for I wasn't too impressed with the proto so should I swallow marked-up prices a single cent of which is not even on my budget?"

:exactly::goodpost:. I seen people complaining about the body being too big. Because the pic they showed was still the one from the very first prototype. I'm thinking if your into this hobby and want this figure. How can they not know that the body has been fixed since July ? Lol

My thoughts exactly.

Hot toys seems to have listened to their customers ( delays, sculpts etc) even though collectors would still buy just about anything they put out.

If I can get my hands on MoS before Xmas I will be ecstatic!

I think that will be a lot of differences with the final product

Yup.
If you can't afford it, don't PO. It's not HT's fault. haha

Well this is why, when I have PO'ed on Flex, I leave it on Flex, becasue that is how I budgeted for it in the first place. It's very rare that I would switch and accept a 'Process Early' email. I have done so once or twice, like for the Reeve Superman because it was around Christmas and I wanted to have it as a present for my wife, but other times place this in the strict minority.

It made me laugh recently, I got an early completion email for the Jor-El figure - which I have on PO Flex - asking if I wanted to pay him off totally.

Truth is, I hadn't even made my first payment yet, so it amounted to asking me if I wanted to pay his total cost plus P+P all in one go...!

Just because you can pay for it doesn't mean you can afford to own it.

:dunno What does it mean then? :dunno

Last edited:

Ahhhh I can't wait for photos! Hopefully next week. He's my most anticipated collectible by far.

Well this is why, when I have PO'ed on Flex, I leave it on Flex, becasue that is how I budgeted for it in the first place. It's very rare that I would switch and accept a 'Process Early' email. I have done so once or twice, like for the Reeve Superman because it was around Christmas and I wanted to have it as a present for my wife, but other times place this in the strict minority.

It made me laugh recently, I got an early completion email for the Jor-El figure - which I have on PO Flex - asking if I wanted to pay him off totally.

Truth is, I hadn't even made my first payment yet, so it amounted to asking me if I wanted to pay his total cost plus P+P all in one go...!

:dunno What does it mean then? :dunno

It means that, some people might be able to lay down $200 dollars over 3 months, but that doesn't mean they can really afford it. If you have other obligations like children or bills or whatever. It's a money management issue. If you're barely scraping by I would save that money for things you need instead of spending it on luxury items.

But that's just life advice and might not be your situation.

i, for one, am happy as hell this will be out early!

It better look bad ***.

It means that, some people might be able to lay down $200 dollars over 3 months, but that doesn't mean they can really afford it. If you have other obligations like children or bills or whatever. It's a money management issue. If you're barely scraping by I would save that money for things you need instead of spending it on luxury items.

I would say generally if you have to budget for something like Hot Toys to make it work, there are probably more pressing places for your dollar to go. People should probably at least have a years salary in the bank and no credit card debt before playing with Hot Toys :). Like you said, just general life advice and may or may not be applicable to the reader.

I would say generally if you have to budget for something like Hot Toys to make it work, there are probably more pressing places for your dollar to go. People should probably at least have a years salary in the bank and no credit card debt before playing with Hot Toys :). Like you said, just general life advice and may or may not be applicable to the reader.

A years salary in cash might be a little extreme, how about a paid off house instead?:yess:

A years salary in cash might be a little extreme, how about a paid off house instead?:yess:

I was just going by financial guru Suze Orman's guide posts. A paid off house is very nice. No credit card debt, a years salary in the bank and a paid off house is very, very nice. :)

There's a part of Orman's show where people ask for approval for certain luxury spending. She reviews their whole financial picture and approves or denies their request. It's pretty instructive

I was just going by financial guru Suze Orman's guide posts. A paid off house is very nice. No credit card debt, a years salary in the bank and a paid off house is very, very nice. :)

There's a part of Orman's show where people ask for approval for certain luxury spending. She reviews their whole financial picture and approves or denies their request. It's pretty instructive

sounds similar to dave ramsey

I've seen some people take out pay day loans for new iPads/iPhones. :gah:

I have always budgeted, from day one. I have always prioritised from day one. If work was thin on the ground, I budgeted. If it was plentiful and good...I still budgeted.

That's the way I was brought up. I have always done it, I do it to this day and I will always do it. Anyone that does not (specially in this climate) is playing a dangerous game with smug, overconfident foolishness.

Now if people have quite stopped telling folks here what we should and should not be buying with our hard earned and (in my case) meticulously accounted for money, and refraining from lecturing us on where we should be spending our funds...

But hey, like you said, just general life advice and may or may not be applicable to the reader.

Not sure were they got their info but it is more then likely considerig that it shares the same body suit as jorel so the would justt have to make the head shoes and cape

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Not really. The Jor El suit is quite a bit different from Superman's one.
It doesn't have any of the moulded on details or the S, plus it will have to be tailored for a different body.

I have always budgeted, from day one. I have always prioritised from day one. If work was thin on the ground, I budgeted. If it was plentiful and good...I still budgeted.

That's the way I was brought up. I have always done it, I do it to this day and I will always do it. Anyone that does not (specially in this climate) is playing a dangerous game with smug, overconfident foolishness.

Now if people have quite stopped telling folks here what we should and should not be buying with our hard earned and (in my case) meticulously accounted for money, and refraining from lecturing us on where we should be spending our funds...

But hey, like you said, just general life advice and may or may not be applicable to the reader.

:goodpost:

This is an expensive hobby, indeed. I stopped completing my collection simply because I couldn't keep up with the new releases. What I do now is I tend to sell my least favorite to fund the new one, of course that's just me. :dunno

To each his own.

Back