1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Now I am fretting over the suit material. Was it heat that caused the sticking or do we not know?

Now I am fretting over the suit material. Was it heat that caused the sticking or do we not know?
not sure, my amazing spiderman didn't have any issues, so I cant speak to it
im in Houston tx, where its hot and muggy so the summer will be a better indicator if its a heat issue(although I keep my ac at 70)

Hopefully it isn't a heat issue (and your figure stays fine) then but I can't see what else would cause it. Maybe just bad batch?

That news about the suits put a little damper on my excitement. But I keep most my figures in a museum style pose anyway. So hopefully I won't have the suit problem with mine.

Aw damn, that would be terrible if it happens with this. What would whoever sold it us do if it did happen bad, refund or is it out of their hands?

Aw damn, that would be terrible if it happens with this. What would whoever sold it us do if it did happen bad, refund or is it out of their hands?

All you do is make sure you pose it without the fabric touch fabric. Then you should be fine.
It's Hot Toys's fault, not the person who sold it to you.

Yeah I know that. I most likely wouldn't have mine in a flying or out of the ordinary pose anyway.

Don't you guys panic!

My Spider-Man is fine and my loose Jor El suit too!

Yes it sticks to itself
Yes, it will leave creases if posed for too long in an extreme pose

... But I've said it before: first you can easily separate the sticking parts, and the creases had completely disappeared after a day or two!

So no cause for panic if you don't treat this as a toy!

I guess the suit won't stick to itself in a levitating pose like the one in exhibitions are posed?

Im def not worried even tho I havnt seen ams suit in person bt I do own jor el and mine is fine also....even after a few dynamic poses and gently pulling out folds if they stick...hours later u cant even tell it happened....bring this bad boy on....we ready!

Don't you guys panic!

My Spider-Man is fine and my loose Jor El suit too!

Yes it sticks to itself
Yes, it will leave creases if posed for too long in an extreme pose

... But I've said it before: first you can easily separate the sticking parts, and the creases had completely disappeared after a day or two!

So no cause for panic if you don't treat this as a toy!

I am relieved now :yess:
So if it sticks do we just pull it apart of wait for it to fall out itself?

Basically yes!

When my extra Jor El suit came in, it was so stuck on the left shoulder I thought it was stitched. I pulled it apart, very gently and it first looked like a bad scar, and the rubber par tern around it had lost all its shine. I left it like that for two days, stretching the crease from time to time and it's disappeared completely. Now I'm even unable to find the exact spot!:)

But of course, if you left the fig in a pose for a very long time (say a flying pose), I don't know if it could recover it's original shape. But after all, that's true of many fabrics, like pleather for example!

So I guess the rule here is not act stupid. It's just a question of being cautious...

Thanks for the reply and I'm glad yours is all good now, id've been so scared. I can't wait to buy a Jor-El they look stunning!

Basically yes!

When my extra Jor El suit came in, it was so stuck on the left shoulder I thought it was stitched. I pulled it apart, very gently and it first looked like a bad scar, and the rubber par tern around it had lost all its shine. I left it like that for two days, stretching the crease from time to time and it's disappeared completely. Now I'm even unable to find the exact spot!:)

But of course, if you left the fig in a pose for a very long time (say a flying pose), I don't know if it could recover it's original shape. But after all, that's true of many fabrics, like pleather for example!

So I guess the rule here is not act stupid. It's just a question of being cautious...

:exactly::lecture

PS. not scared about this figure. one post about fabric issues and well...
tumblr_mn4p7ckqcg1sreq5lo1_500.gif

:rotfl You got me with the above post :goodpost:

16K- Do you have any pictures? I know there is hundreds but I love looking at new pictures of him.

Back