1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Can someone measure this thing standing straight. I want to end this debacle and see how tall Hot toys thinks Cavill is.

Question !!! Does "timcent" sell hot toys sealed in shipper box or just the art box.

epic release

[ame]https://youtu.be/0wAAnQqRq6A[/ame]

I just can't do it. I'm staring at the buy it now button but my finger doesn't want to pull the trigger on Timcent's $100 markup. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't do it. I'm staring at the buy it now button but my finger doesn't want to pull the trigger on Timcent's $100 markup. :lol

How much of that is free shipping though? And how many months will you have to wait from SS? Time is money.

:lol

1484256_602115629861424_1603476049_n.jpg

I Love this shot

Does anyone have a link to timcents ebay listings? I couldn't find any listings when searching. I doubt I'll buy just yet, probably just wait for my order with OSB but wanted to see what he's charging etc.

These are 1:6 highly detailed and accurate figures, they are supposed to be the best representation in 1/6 size.

It isnt about batman and superman, how they looked in comics or old shows, or the fact superman is bigger than batman. It is about accurately representing what we see on film - Bale and Cavill.

They are the same height in real life give or take less than an inch.

Although these figures are completely different heights.
It does bother me. He will tower over every other 1:6.
I don't care that he is "superman" therefore should be taller.

If we are going by comics and shows then this figure is way too short and not nearly muscular enough to be superman - right?

That is not at all how Hot Toys and 1:6 works.

It is a cavill figure. it should be cavill height. end of story.
I pay for accuracy.

That's your problem. It's not a figure of Cavill, it's a figure of Cavill's portrayal of Superman in Man of Steel. Who I believe was made to look quite a bit taller, using shooting techniques and VFX in order to make Superman appear more frightening and powerhouse-esque. Therefore, the fact that he's taller than Bale's Batman IS accurate, because you're not paying for a likeness of the actor, you're paying for the likeness of the actor PLAYING the part of Kal-El.

If reality was such a huge concern, then Bane would be significantly shorter than the DX12, due to the fact that Tom Hardy is nearly half a foot shorter than Christian Bale, but he's not. In the film, he was shot to be taller and stronger and more physically dominating and therefore, his figure is larger in height than the actor because that is the way he appeared in the film and these figures are in fact a representation of a character portrayed in a film and not the actor themselves.

How much of that is free shipping though? And how many months will you have to wait from SS? Time is money.

Man you're just like that baby devil over my left shoulder, telling me to give in to my impulses. :lol

You make extremely valid points! I think I'm gonna have to log off and sleep on it though. Most of the impulsive buys that I make usually happen at this time of night. This forum is a bad influence. :lol

That's your problem. It's not a figure of Cavill, it's a figure of Cavill's portrayal of Superman in Man of Steel. Who I believe was made to look quite a bit taller, using shooting techniques and VFX in order to make Superman appear more frightening and powerhouse-esque. Therefore, the fact that he's taller than Bale's Batman IS accurate, because you're not paying for a likeness of the actor, you're paying for the likeness of the actor PLAYING the part of Kal-El.

If reality was such a huge concern, then Bane would be significantly shorter than the DX12, due to the fact that Tom Hardy is nearly half a foot shorter than Christian Bale, but he's not. In the film, he was shot to be taller and stronger and more physically dominating and therefore, his figure is larger in height than the actor because that is the way he appeared in the film and these figures are in fact a representation of a character portrayed in a film and not the actor themselves.

agreed, that could be the case. although i never took him for being super tall in the movie.

btw you are talking to a guy with a diploma in 3d animation and vfx in the industry, so i know the tactics used.
He just seems so towering.

Looks like he is about the same height as the Avengers Thor figure, so just about perfect for Supes in my opinion.

ScreenShot2013-12-18at12304AM_zps1c804aa5.png

Costner and Cavill are the same height in real life. So, I dunno, theres that.

Most of HT's figures are at crazy scales. Avengers Hawkeye and Thor?
But lately it seems that HT are adopting Enterbay's slightly larger 1/6 scale. Bigger heads also.

It's a good thing IMO.

Man you're just like that baby devil over my left shoulder, telling me to give in to my impulses. :lol

You make extremely valid points! I think I'm gonna have to log off and sleep on it though. Most of the impulsive buys that I make usually happen at this time of night. This forum is a bad influence. :lol

Do it.

Back