1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me, do you bleed? :wink1:

PCaSpTi.jpg

I've got an extra MOS Supes I'm thinking of letting go.
It's got the lowered collar mod with original cape. Shorter ankle pegs. Great condition and still have brown shipper. Anybody know what I might be able to get for it? I'm thinking about $150 plus shipping.

might be able to get $150-160 off evilbay for it... but hard to tell w/ the mod done to it as some people are turned off by that sorta thing. not me, its a must... but from sales i've had lots don't want mods done.

just keep in mind your 13% fees on ebay/pp... that $150 quickly goes to $130!

Hey Remy your repaints are beautiful!!

I know you posted some info before on what you used...
but would it be possible to post the exact magic recipe for both versions you did? i want to redo mine after looking at how good yours looks and want to replicate the look... but i'm waffling back and forth between V1 and V2..

If you're willing to let it go for $130 shipped, I'd be interested.

I've got an extra MOS Supes I'm thinking of letting go.
It's got the lowered collar mod with original cape. Shorter ankle pegs. Great condition and still have brown shipper. Anybody know what I might be able to get for it? I'm thinking about $150 plus shipping.

Hey Remy your repaints are beautiful!!

I know you posted some info before on what you used...
but would it be possible to post the exact magic recipe for both versions you did? i want to redo mine after looking at how good yours looks and want to replicate the look... but i'm waffling back and forth between V1 and V2..

I apologize, I wish I made a note, but unfortunately, I dont recall how much percentage or drops of paints I used cause I just gauged it by eye when I put it on a paint tray.

V1 came out like how I wanted it the first try.
But V2, had to do some trial and error to get it to look like the how I wanted it to look.

Last edited:
Sorry I meant more along the lines of list of paints! Lol

Ha ha...gotcha...sure, no prob.
Here's a copy and paste of my post:

Here's what I used

I first used a surfacer black, mixed with thinner.
Painted the suit, then let it dry for a couple of hours.

then I used this Gaia 044 clear blue, mixed with thinner...then put a little EX-07 Silver in it.

Paint thinner

For the v1 belt, I used vallejo acrylic "brass" color.

for V2 belt, I used "copper"

Well after reading about so many people modding and painting this figure i decided to take the dive as well. I was very nervous as this was my first time painting anything really and doing it on a hot toys figure is even more nerve racking. I painted the gauntlets, collar and suit piping a metallic blue. I made it quite dark and it may not be super movie accurate but i liked the shade of blue. Also did the collar mod and put on a tony mei cape. Futzed around with it to get the pleats. Im quite happy with it and will probably be done doing any other modding on this figure. But who knows.. now that ive done a bit of modding i just might see what else i can mod in my collection haha.

And here he is in the detolf with all my other hot toys. I like how even in the back where there's very little light the metallic details come out

Finally got around to painting my extra MoS figure. A few touch ups here and there and I should be done. Oh n I'm also awaiting my cape to come in.

Here's a few pics.

I think the gauntlets look fine as they are and wouldn't look right if he painted them silver. Certainly not the same silver as the shield. I also think on most of these black suit Superman customs the silver is way too silver. In the movie it's never really that vibrant. It should be a little more dull imo.

Wow, that looks so cool. I would have totally bought that figure if HT sold it as a figure. I like the gauntlets as-is. The contrast between the textures makes them pop enough, to me.

Back