1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's a steal considering the quality of this/these figures!

I'll look into the cape mod that you mention. I never noticed it before, but after looking at his traps, the standard cape does make them look bigger than what would otherwise seem proportionate to his body. Still looks great to me stock as you mentioned, but if the cape mod makes a considerable improvement on the size of his traps, I'll definitely look into that.

Yeah, during spooktacular and Thanksgiving/Black Friday, MoS Supes got marked down pretty heavily, along with other HTs like The Wolverine and RE4 Ada Wong. $123 I believe, great deal; I couldn't resist. Triple rewards was a sweet deal too!

Out of curiosity, what kind of stand (if any) do you guys use to display your Supes? Do you use the glyph base with the c-clamp that he came with, or the standard U-shaped stand that the majority of HT figures come with?

I decided to go with the standard U-shaped one. The c-clamp one seems like it takes up too much space, and I was getting concerned that over time, it might leave a ring around his waist. It doesn't seem necessary if you're not going to have him in some sort of flight pose. The U-shaped stand he's on now is just a blank, standard stand without a name, but Supes needs no introduction I suppose. Haha.

I guess that would be my only minor gripe with these figures. It would have been nifty if they came with another standard U-shaped stand that has the MoS logo on it, if you don't want to use the c-clamp stand with the large base. Similar to how the Reeve one came with the Fortress of Solitude stand or the standard U-shaped stand that says "Superman: The Movie".

I purchased a standard blank U-shaped stand for my Jor-El also. The c-clamp seems really unnecessary with him, being that I don't imagine he'd ever be in a flight pose. I have Zod in the film pose he was in right when he bent down/over to shed his armor, being that his head sculpt matches his exact expression in that scene, and requires the c-clamp to stay balanced for that pose.

I use the logo base and clamp. Got him in a hover type pose. Like when he drops into the army base. The stand is one of the best ones done for not just hot toys but any superman themed stand. I dig it. I'm usually a fan of diorama type bases but the mos ones are great as is.

I use a standard stand and then I display that atop of the large Superman logo base. I don't trust that bendy pole stand and I also don't use it on Zod or ASM II Spidey. Can only think of the damage, if posed long term it would do to MOS Superman or ASM II Spidey with the materials of their suits.

Some new pics of my modded MOS Superman -

hello everyone :)
just wanted to share this.
20150622_133701.jpg

I bought the set off EBay of Clark before he gets the super suit and I was wondering if anyone knows of any jeans that fit the MOS body? These don't really. Ha

I use a standard stand and then I display that atop of the large Superman logo base. I don't trust that bendy pole stand and I also don't use it on Zod or ASM II Spidey. Can only think of the damage, if posed long term it would do to MOS Superman or ASM II Spidey with the materials of their suits.

Super.:)

Looks good man!
Cool to see you also painted the hair.
Brings out more likeness to the great sculpt! :hi5:

Out of curiosity, what kind of stand (if any) do you guys use to display your Supes? Do you use the glyph base with the c-clamp that he came with, or the standard U-shaped stand that the majority of HT figures come with? ...

I have mine mounted on the wall...
uploadfromtaptalk1435205370348.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

My issue with this is with Jonathan thinking, its not time yet, so let me die.
So basically, its like Jonathan has a death wish.

I understood it another way... it was Jonathan making the ultimate sacrifice to try and protect his son.

I understood it another way... it was Jonathan making the ultimate sacrifice to try and protect his son.

That is indeed what the movie was trying to project. That Jonathan made the ultimate sacrifice for Clark.
But what I'm saying though is that it doesnt work, cause letting yourself die for the sake of thinking "Now's not the right time" and leaving your wife and son behind, specially Clark who still needed guidance, is not noble...but stupid.
I just cant accept it for any other reason than its a dumb move.
I am old school, and I've always been taught that family comes first.

That's why even though this is one of my all time favorite superhero movie...I just cant ever watch that scene cause it gets on my nerves.
The thing is, I can understand if he gave his life away cause people's lives are at stake...and the choice is your life, or many people.
Like Clark's choice if he doesnt surrender to Zod.
But that's not Jonathan's choice. It was simply, he thought the time is not right.

Looks good man!
Cool to see you also painted the hair.
Brings out more likeness to the great sculpt! :hi5:

Thank you buddy. :yess:

I don't usually like to touch the hair but in this case it adds a lot I feel. Never painted it either I just painted some gloss varnish onto it.

That is indeed what the movie was trying to project. That Jonathan made the ultimate sacrifice for Clark.
But what I'm saying though is that it doesnt work, cause letting yourself die for the sake of thinking "Now's not the right time" and leaving your wife and son behind, specially Clark who still needed guidance, is not noble...but stupid.
I just cant accept it for any other reason than its a dumb move.
I am old school, and I've always been taught that family comes first.

That's why even though this is one of my all time favorite superhero movie...I just cant ever watch that scene cause it gets on my nerves.
The thing is, I can understand if he gave his life away cause people's lives are at stake...and the choice is your life, or many people.
Like Clark's choice if he doesnt surrender to Zod.
But that's not Jonathan's choice. It was simply, he thought the time is not right.

:exactly: Agreed 100%

One thing I recall some people not liking about Jonathan Kent in MoS, was the way he reacted towards Clark's decision to save his classmates who would have otherwise drowned.

"What was I supposed to do, just let them die?"

"Maybe."

I thought it was great script writing, as it depicted just how confused Jonathan was as well on what he felt was best for both parties. A lot of people felt this was not how a classic, traditional Jonathan Kent would have treated such a situation. Suggesting that perhaps Clark should have in fact allowed children, or anyone for that matter, to die. What I do like about the tornado scene, is that Jonathan didn't exclude himself from this. Had he wanted Clark to save him, I do think it would have been a bit selfish on his part to suggest that he perhaps let a school bus full of children perish, but when it comes to his own life, then make an exception and allow Clark to save him. I'm not sure what kind of an example that would have set for a young Clark.

I felt that Jonathan's sacrifice in this scene set the tone for what was to come in the film, and gave Clark/Kal the courage to make his own sarifices by sacrificing himself for the safety of Earth when Zod first shows up, destroying the world engine over the Indian Ocean in what was nearly a suicide mission (the most powerful scene in the movie in my opinion when it showed Superman flying up the powerful beam the world engine was emitting, while Perry took Jenny's hand), destroying the scout ship that would have enabled the re-population of his own race, and then finally, ultimately killing Zod, what he believes is to be the last of his kin.

When Superman sacrifices himself for us, he does it 100%. That's why he's Earth's greatest champion, and even though a fictional character, is still treated like a messianic figure. In this film, I think Jonathan's death helped give him the courage to be able to do that.

I love the line towards the end of the film when he and Martha are visiting Jonathan's grave, and Clark states, "I just wish he was here to see it," and Martha replies, "Oh he saw it Clark, believe me."

One thing I recall some people not liking about Jonathan Kent in MoS, was the way he reacted towards Clark's decision to save his classmates who would have otherwise drowned.

"What was I supposed to do, just let them die?"

"Maybe."

I thought it was great script writing, as it depicted just how confused Jonathan was as well on what he felt was best for both parties. A lot of people felt this was not how a classic, traditional Jonathan Kent would have treated such a situation. Suggesting that perhaps Clark should have in fact allowed children, or anyone for that matter, to die. What I do like about the tornado scene, is that Jonathan didn't exclude himself from this. Had he wanted Clark to save him, I do think it would have been a bit selfish on his part to suggest that he perhaps let a school bus full of children perish, but when it comes to his own life, then make an exception and allow Clark to save him. I'm not sure what kind of an example that would have set for a young Clark.

I felt that Jonathan's sacrifice in this scene set the tone for what was to come in the film, and gave Clark/Kal the courage to make his own sarifices by sacrificing himself for the safety of Earth when Zod first shows up, destroying the world engine over the Indian Ocean in what was nearly a suicide mission (the most powerful scene in the movie in my opinion when it showed Superman flying up the powerful beam the world engine was emitting, while Perry took Jenny's hand), destroying the scout ship that would have enabled the re-population of his own race, and then finally, ultimately killing Zod, what he believes is to be the last of his kin.

When Superman sacrifices himself for us, he does it 100%. That's why he's Earth's greatest champion, and even though a fictional character, is still treated like a messianic figure. In this film, I think Jonathan's death helped give him the courage to be able to do that.

I love the line towards the end of the film when he and Martha are visiting Jonathan's grave, and Clark states, "I just wish he was here to see it," and Martha replies, "Oh he saw it Clark, believe me."

A very interesting and well written perspective. You brought up some very good points that I had not considered, especially about Jonathan's sacrifice and the school bus aspect. Thanks for sharing!

Back