1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Went ahead and ordered since it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that I would. HT has at least 7 months to get the body right (12 with delays) so hopefully it will all be worked out by then.

£138.99 delivered from onesixthbruce, great price

Tempted to get two but don't know how i'd display a second one, such a great price

Last edited:

For those who live overseas, animarket has him at 175usd plus shipping, it's a nice price to me :)

Saw the movie yesterday, and ordered one the second I got home.

I like the figure and I preordered it, but I do agree that the body is too bulky. As far as the sculpt is concerned it's pretty good. As long as it captures the essence of the person portraying the character it's alright with me.

Yeah the head sculpt is good enough for me and IMO does not only capture the essence of the person but is pretty close to dead on as far as likeness goes.

Some of course are better than others.The Reeve sculpt is really close(90-95%?)

I know people that hate that sculpt and think it is a poor representation of Reeve compared to Arnies 1/4 scale Reeve, (I am not one of them). However, IMO I think this head sculpt is a lot more accurate than the Reeve one was though.

Went ahead and ordered since it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that I would. HT has at least 7 months to get the body right (12 with delays) so hopefully it will all be worked out by then.

What if they do not change the body at all, will you still buy it?

just pre-ordered this.

my wallet will have a super smackdown next year.

Speaking for myself, I would not buy this figure with this body, its just waaaaay too fat and too distracting, given the skintight costume.

It just boggles my mind that HT can get so many things right, and then just fall completely down on such a small-seeming but actually pretty BIG detail. Cavill is NOT shaped like this, he just isn't.

Yes.
There is a nod to DC universe.

Are you referencing the satellite? I didn't notice anything other than that and there was no end credit scene.

the satellite and the tanker truck were the only two suggestions of the larger dc world ~ and a reference to a certain lab?

Quick PS
-S shield bigger
-Body slimmer
-Boots longer
-Color correction

ii7a.jpg

yn01.jpg

I was being vague just in case. I don't know of any other references to the Dc Universe in the movie.

Just a thought, but I think if people are already pre ordering this now might send a message to Hot Toys that they will not bother making changes to the body because it looks like to them at least that the customer will buy this no matter what body they give them :dunno (even though I know this is not the case, since people are hoping they change it by next year).

Speaking for myself, I would not buy this figure with this body, its just waaaaay too fat and too distracting, given the skintight costume.

Yeah neither will I. :(

Quick PS
-S shield bigger
-Body slimmer
-Boots longer
-Color correction

ii7a.jpg

yn01.jpg

Looks great now go troll Hot Toys facebook page and see if it will do any good. :lol

Like the updates, needs to be done, especially with those "thunder thighs". That was the first thing I noticed when looking at this figure. I have pre-ordered one in faith that HT will make the necessary corrections prior to release as they have with previous figures that needed some slight improvement from prototype photos.

Now when is General ZoD and Jor-el coming out, there is no way they are not going to make them. They'd be fools if they didn't. Especiall with that awesome Kryptonian armor!!!

Looking back at some film stills even that photoshop job the arms are too jacked and throwing the physique off.

Looks like a bear.

Now when is General ZoD and Jor-el coming out, there is no way they are not going to make them. They'd be fools if they didn't. Especiall with that awesome Kryptonian armor!!!

We all want this, er, almost everyone does, even as we cringe at the thought of how much that armor is gonna cost. Can. You. Imagine.

Back