Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I noticed SS has this listed as 'Limited Edition' at the top of the page. Haven't seen that with the other recent armors. Wondering if this is any more limited or SS just randomly added this to this listing but not the others.

So I noticed SS has this listed as 'Limited Edition' at the top of the page. Haven't seen that with the other recent armors. Wondering if this is any more limited or SS just randomly added this to this listing but not the others.

every single hot toys/ SS release is "limited edition"

edit: looks like new listing have the "expected Q 1-4" then when its in stock they replace it with "limited edition" mk 42 WM2.0 IP all have limited edition

Its not like they are telling a lie though, even a limited edition of 100,00 is still limited to the last product run. Great marketing slogan "limited edition" is. Up there with giant shrimp, books on tape or a stripper's dressing room. :rotfl

Limited edition just means it's a set run, likely based off preorder numbers. Once that is set no more will be made. Unlike something from Hasbro where they will keep pumping out a figure so long as the demand is there.

This is my second Hot Toys purchase after Mark XXXIII and I love it!

I'm officially hooked and done with 6 inch scale Iron Men. As of now I have The Mechanic, Iron Patriot and the Diecast Mark III on order. Can't wait to see the Age of Ultron figures!

I'd post a pic but not sure I can on my phone.

I kinda wish HT would keep it really limited like 2500 per release. It would be so much more valuable. And less scalpers (I think) would be present.

@LexiKon318

I use Tapatalk most of the time when browsing SSF. It feels less cluttered than the desktop version.

I kinda wish HT would keep it really limited like 2500 per release. It would be so much more valuable. And less scalpers (I think) would be present.

@LexiKon318

I use Tapatalk most of the time when browsing SSF. It feels less cluttered than the desktop version.

Limited to 2500 and les scalpers...!!!??

:lol :lol :lol

They could do 20, 000 and youd have scalpers, as long as theres a number attached to a production run there will be scalpers, thats the richest blood they could feed on

Limited to 2500 and les scalpers...!!!??

:lol :lol :lol

They could do 20, 000 and youd have scalpers, as long as theres a number attached to a production run there will be scalpers, thats the richest blood they could feed on

Idk man, the market over at my place anyways, seems to have less scalpers when the production run is low. Especially for the old HT or Medicom figs. Those that are on the market are mostly collectors as well, quitting or something. I know the DBZ SH Figuarts have a crapload of scalpers. It's amazing people actually pay those ludicrous prices.

Have HT ever told people how many figures they made per character? Some had CoA right? Would be awesome if they kept on doing those.

Idk man, the market over at my place anyways, seems to have less scalpers when the production run is low. Especially for the old HT or Medicom figs. Those that are on the market are mostly collectors as well, quitting or something. I know the DBZ SH Figuarts have a crapload of scalpers. It's amazing people actually pay those ludicrous prices.

Have HT ever told people how many figures they made per character? Some had CoA right? Would be awesome if they kept on doing those.

This is the only one i know of

Still hoping the re-release Mark vi in diecast!

I read somewhere HT is open to redoing 1,2,4,5,6,7 in diecast. I think it's an inevitability with the popularity of primary suits and the increasing influx of fans who weren't around for the originals' releases as time goes on. If there's a tit to milk, business 101 is milk that tit

I read somewhere HT is open to redoing 1,2,4,5,6,7 in diecast. I think it's an inevitability with the popularity of primary suits and the increasing influx of fans who weren't around for the originals' releases as time goes on. If there's a tit to milk, business 101 is milk that tit

I can't recall who from Hot Toys confirmed that but it was at one of the Comic Cons or Toy Fairs that it was said. :)

Here we go. 10836126_10153011173320039_1468752855_n.jpg

I'm thinking maybe I should start posing my figures better..., I tend to have them just standing really.

Well figures can be expertly posed to "just stand". A solid, powerful museum pose takes a lot of finesse, sometimes more than an action pose. So there is nothing wrong with that if you put care into it. Haphazardly standing around is one thing but a proper museum pose is great and let's the character, mold and paint speak for themselves.

Well figures can be expertly posed to "just stand". A solid, powerful museum pose takes a lot of finesse, sometimes more than an action pose. So there is nothing wrong with that if you put care into it. Haphazardly standing around is one thing but a proper museum pose is great and let's the character, mold and paint speak for themselves.

Well now that you put it like that I feel much better, I don't simply stand them up & leave them be..., they are definitely posed & need tweaking until I'm happy with how they look..., currently my mark II isn't how I'd like it BUT unlike the others, I just can't seem to get the mark II figure how I want it. lol :) So, there's definitely more to my standing poses, I just never thought about it till you wrote that..., thanks for taking the time.

Back