Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midas is such a great suit. What really impresses me is that they use three different shades of gold which helps give him more definition and appeal.

Somehow, I like how you're putting them up rather than using the HoA. Maybe because of the bigger space, puts more emphasis on each suit. Makes em pop so much more. Awesome.

Yeah it is something that you would have to see in person, but they do look better displayed out of HOAs. I have another set of Marks I-VII in the HOA in the corner opposite of these cabinets in a dio. The armors have much more presence out where you can see angles and contours of the suits which you will not get with them stuffed in the bays. Plus one per shelf puts it over, not a fan of stuffing shelves it really makes figures look like cheap dollies.

I was going to dump the cash on getting the bays to display them but to me it's a waste of money. $60 bucks for a detolf vs $500 plastic cases to display 4 armors is a much better financial proposition. $4,000 for the bays would pay for a big chunk of the armor collection.

It's hard for me to comprehend how one HoA costs pretty much the same as a detolf. HT is crazy in that regard.

Definitely agree with the notion of Detolf > HOA. In fact, I love how you just have 1 figure per shelf. I see a lot use 2 per shelf, and can understand space restrictions, but man does it ever look better with just 1. Room to breathe :)

HB finally arrived. The Iron Legion grows!

Congrats man, and great photo! I don't know why, but Heartbreaker reminds me most of Whilce Portacio's Iron Man

HR_Iron_Man_v1_no1.jpg

It's hard for me to comprehend how one HoA costs pretty much the same as a detolf. HT is crazy in that regard.

:lol well, if there are even crazier people with enough money to burn, HT says "why not?!"

Yea its absurd, one of the reasons i only got the set of 7 for the original suits. Honestly why would you want 42 suits all just standing straight hands down when you bought highly articulated figures capable of some insanely dynamic poses? Plus a few suits wont even fit in them. Detolf is def the way to go for the other 35.

I just laughed out loud when I saw those prices. Happy for those who can afford them but the average collectors nuts to pay that. Really dig the detolf setup though.

Finally. Now that I'm on my semester break, I can go and get my baby. He's absolutely stunning. God damn. This is probably the only IM suit I'm keeping if I'm quitting down the line.

74b11d9fe0615c702d10cc684a640069.jpg

e93d57417acf8a5740b2bbc8ed39d004.jpg

Very nice pics Chrono, best I've seen of HB :woo

oh I like the box for this guy...... Hexagons Hexagons hehe reminds me of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Thanks, guys! Sorry for ****** phone camera. And being indoors doesn't help either. XD

Feeling like taking him outside for some photo sesh. This guy looks awesome with some natural lighting.

HE ARRIVED YESTERDAY....ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC...but one broken finger....

I know....actually with the amount of articulated fingers we get with all these suits, I am surprised it took this long to have one go south...

Great pics Chrono. The natural lighting really makes him pop. Hadn't really planned on an IM figure but if I chose one this would be it. The more I see the more I want him.

Back